Honestly... Halo 5 vs. MCC

So I played a little bit of MCC the other day and I just have to say… Halo 5 is the best Halo.

It has its issues with spawns yes, but in terms of gameplay and hit-detection, it is so much more playable and gripping than the older games. They were great for the times, and I love looking back on all the good times I had with those games, but Halo 5 has really pushed the series forward in exciting new ways.

I would urge anyone to go back and draw conclusions for yourself. I didn’t expect to feel the way I did, going back after a few months with H5… not to say I was disappointed with how the games played, I was just a little surprised or “taken back” a little…

the most balanced halo yet

I know what you mean. But it’s campaign is crap

> 2533274805919869;2:
> the most balanced halo yet

Definitely…

I agree, completely.
Halo 2 and 3 were the best for their time and Halo 5 continues that tradition.

I wouldn’t say H5 isn’t the best because of the lack of content at launch, but comparing it with MCC, H5 is defiantly better. (I still like MCC for the campagn.)

A large number of people would disagree with you, hell even the people that don’t hate H5 don’t think its the best “Halo” game. I as well as many others don’t think H5 is a “Halo” game at all, let alone a good one.

As it should be, the natural progression of things. It just would be better if they kept the old formula with the new gameplay, that would be great.

Going back and lanning in Halo 2 makes me want to forget Halo 5 ever existed.

Don’t get me wrong, Halo 5 is a fun and pretty well balanced game, but don’t blame Halo 2 for the monster flaws in the MCC.

> 2533274847563380;8:
> As it should be, the natural progression of things. It just would be better if they kept the old formula with the new gameplay, that would be great.

That’s basically exactly what they did… the core is still there and I don’t understand how people disagree and say that it’s not.

You can’t go on Halo MCC and compare the previous games with Halo 5 haha… They are all literally the worst ports of the game. Besides that, there are a ton of other things that made those games better than Halo 5 that aren’t present in MCC like clans, playlists, working ranks, correct matchmaking, etc. And how you said problems like hit-detection were a big issue for you, unfortunately these games don’t have the original games hit detection. Literally all of them except Halo 4 are worse than their original counter-parts.

Halo CE had a ton of problems and there are still some things wrong from the original version because it’s using the PC port.

Halo 2 on MCC is the VIsta port and that’s why they needed to patch the hit registration in Halo 2 classic because it was just soooo bad. So I know exactly why you feel like you can’t hit anyone in these games.

Halo 3 was fine on here with exception of some of the sound issues that still happen. But like I said, there are a ton of other things that made Halo 3 great. Like the progression system, the working ranking system (same for Halo 2), theater mode, Bungie’s Favorites and the File Share system, a better theater mode. The hit registration is also a tad different.

Halo 4 is… Well, okay you got me here lol. Halo 4 is bad regardless.

All in all, these games weren’t true to their originals, so it’s kind of off base. You had to play the actual original versions. Your opinion could be the same, it could be different. Just wanted to point some of these things out. :slight_smile:

I went back to the MCC after playing Halo 5 for a long time and I gotta say the aiming in that game just feels wrong. It’s especially bad for me in Halo 3, it feels like my reticle is tugging across the screen instead of flowing, as if I have to actually fight the game itself to aim. Does anyone else feel this way?

> 2533274978553590;12:
> I went back to the MCC after playing Halo 5 for a long time and I gotta say the aiming in that game just feels wrong. It’s especially bad for me in Halo 3, it feels like my reticle is tugging across the screen instead of flowing, as if I have to actually fight the game itself to aim. Does anyone else feel this way?

Actually a lot of people feel the opposite. A lot of people think the aiming in all the other games were far smoother. In Halo 5 there were a lot of complaints about the idk… “clunkiness” (?) of the aiming and that’s why 343 ended up adding the acceleration settings to the control menu.

If I play any other shooter at all I loose my ability to aim in Halo 5 yet no matter what I play I can still aim in older Halos

> 2535440589614431;13:
> > 2533274978553590;12:
> > I went back to the MCC after playing Halo 5 for a long time and I gotta say the aiming in that game just feels wrong. It’s especially bad for me in Halo 3, it feels like my reticle is tugging across the screen instead of flowing, as if I have to actually fight the game itself to aim. Does anyone else feel this way?
>
>
> Actually a lot of people feel the opposite. A lot of people think the aiming in all the other games were far smoother. In Halo 5 there were a lot of complaints about the idk… “clunkiness” (?) of the aiming and that’s why 343 ended up adding the acceleration settings to the control menu.

I think it might have to do with my taller thumbsticks, but I’m not so sure because the MCC is the only game where I have trouble aiming now. It’d be great if they could add aim acceleration and deadzone options to the MCC, that way every player could precisely tune the aiming controls to their liking.

You can’t compare a still broken collection of tactical shooter games to an unfinished twitch shooter game. That said, Halo 2 is better than Halo 5 by miles. The weapon balance in H2C is so much better than in Halo 5, because I don’t get crossmap headshotted by AR users in H2.

I wouldn’t compare them as mcc plays like -Yoink- multiplayer wise. Of ports, so many coding messed up, it just feels bad. Halo 5 works which is why I won’t compare them.

Now then, if we compare h5 to each game individually I think h5 and h3 are the best multiplayer wise. HCE was ok, h2 was trash. Story wise h5 is trash followed by h3 and h2 takes the crown for best campaign followed by hCE. Those are my opinions though.

I still have fun playing the classics and can still appreciate them. But halo 5 is much more fluid, and much more balanced.

Halo 5 is the first Halo to where everything felt competitive. Until the Hammer Storm update, it felt like you could never have a relaxing game, even in Warzone. When I went back to MCC, I found myself having loads of fun and I felt calm and amused. The few games I played of H3 & H4 were more fun than the last 10 games of H5 that I played that day. Halo 5 is slowly getting more relaxing and more fun as these updates roll out though, and I’m happy for that. I just wish they had this sort of view with the game from the start instead of all this eSports crap.

> 2533274915643658;16:
> You can’t compare a still broken collection of tactical shooter games to an unfinished twitch shooter game. That said, Halo 2 is better than Halo 5 by miles. The weapon balance in H2C is so much better than in Halo 5, because I don’t get crossmap headshotted by AR users in H2.

When has halo been going twitch shooter? Cuz by that logic then so we’re the classics lol.

Youre exaggerating to to much with the AR thing as well, you would either be one shot for an AR to get you cross map or you positioned yourself out in the open to do so.