Honest flight feedback so far

Overall I am having a ton of fun even though this is just a small taste of the multiplayer. Here are a few points of feedback I have:

-The main issue i have is actually with the UI. I feel like its a bit hard to navigate at times and could use a bit more refining. Little things like finding the mute buttons for chat, navigating to the challenges, the score at the bottom of the screen etc.

-Not a huge fan of the callouts from the spartans as you play. It doesnt really feel nessesary and takes away from the “spartan” feeling of only speaking when its needed. Some of them sounded a little cheesy like “doing some damage”, and it clashes with the new AI and voice announcer.

-Player collision feels a bit odd being turned off for friendly targets

-The shotgun could be slightly stronger

Aside from that, really liking where the gameplay is going

Agree on being able to mute chat, I’ve been in quite a few games with players who have their mic turned up to 11 for the whole game and it quiets the base sound so you can hear every breath they take

I also found the UI and menu very odd and not user friendly.

Also, when customizing your spartan, the UI tack too much screen space, our spartan should be in the foreground.
I think the menu should be in vertical instead of horizontal like it is right now.

Overall, the menu need to be reorganised and more refined.
(I know it’s a technical preview, but better telling it now than never)

Yeah the shotgun needs a little buff and im sure they will have mute buttons just wasnt in the flight wish it was though. Im glad u are having fun :slight_smile:

> 2535458620286147;1:
> Overall I am having a ton of fun even though this is just a small taste of the multiplayer. Here are a few points of feedback I have:
>
> -The main issue i have is actually with the UI. I feel like its a bit hard to navigate at times and could use a bit more refining. Little things like finding the mute buttons for chat, navigating to the challenges, the score at the bottom of the screen etc.
>
> -Not a huge fan of the callouts from the spartans as you play. It doesnt really feel nessesary and takes away from the “spartan” feeling of only speaking when its needed. Some of them sounded a little cheesy like “doing some damage”, and it clashes with the new AI and voice announcer.
>
> -Player collision feels a bit odd being turned off for friendly targets
>
> -The shotgun could be slightly stronger
>
> Aside from that, really liking where the gameplay is going

You can turn off Spartan chatter in settings. :slight_smile:

I’d agree with MrPotato that the customisation UI should be vertical - Reach quite honestly handled this the best and it’s a shame we haven’t returned to this.
I think the customisation should be better integrated a-la Reach’s where you can view it easily whilst matchmaking as opposed to having to back out.
On this note I’d also like a Reach based matchmaking menu where you can view other Spartans which has been lacking for some time.
I think the graphic options that are more obscure should have descriptions alike other games informing you of what they are.
I’d also like for the post game screen to show the general team performance like previous titles, allowing you to see your own in depth performance once you select your gamer tag. When you opt to see the team scoreboard, it still doesn’t display kills deaths and assists like previous entries, and I didn’t see an option to change the tab to display additional details.

I am absolutely loving the gameplay however.

Callouts seemed better in H5. I liked that they added that because I don’t do the mic anymore.

I agree, but I’m told there’s a way to turn off spartan chatter in settings.

> 2535422124567310;8:
> I agree, but I’m told there’s a way to turn off spartan chatter in settings.

There is a on/off toggle in the settings but it doesn’t work yet.

I love the gameplay but I really dislike Spartan chatter and the AI options we have.

The Spartans are the UNSC’s absolute best weapon–the finest trained. The Spartans from past Halo games and the Spartans from the books feel TOTALLY different from the Spartans in Infinite, so far. The Spartans in Infinite have cheesy, overbaked call-outs and it totally yanks away any immersion or feeling like the Multiplayer is a competition.

The AI…the AI are much worse though. To paraphrase some AI quotes I remember from the various selections I made…

> At the start of a mission: “Let’s do this! Your objective? Kill everything. If it doesn’t die, kill it harder!!!”

> After picking up a gravity hammer: “Ooooooh, cool. Time to go break some bones!!!”

These AI are military tech working with the most special of special forces and you crane your neck around to hear them say something like “Watch out for falling grenades! They’re like, super hazardous to your being alive…ness!” it’s just painful levels of cringe.

Please add an option to mute AI, or add a very simple military-esque AI who just says stuff like “Take down the enemy team, Spartan” and “Advise caution–explosives being deployed” or something.

I get that the AI are probably fun and memorable for younger players, but 343 you’ve also inherited generations of Halo fans who played the first game when they were in college. You’ve done something amazing with Infinite, but the multiplayer just oozes weird “I’m a zoomer too guys!” corporate meme humor. It’s “I can haz cheezeburger” tier cringe. If you don’t remove it, at least give us some options to avoid it.