Honest Blood Gulch Remake

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Hey guys, following the days after the release of forge world I dedicated some time in making a quality Blood Gulch map. Im not finished with all the nook and cranies, but it is playable of a decent amount gametypes (Including Slayer, CTF, Dominion, KOTH, ect.) Please check it out.

[Link with modded content removed by a moderator[/spoiler]

And holy crap that’s awesome.

My only suggestion, based on your Budget, would be to add the Juicy FX to it, give it that Halo 1/2 coloring.

I’ve got to ask: How does the DMR do on the map? Because the only reason I’m totally against Blood Gulch in Halo 4 (and Reach) is because the DMR breaks those maps. If the DMR works on this map, then I’ll be happy. Otherwise…

Looks like a solid remake, and fun to play on (with the exception of my worry of the DMR). Great use of the Rock Wall Coliseums. Too bad the size can’t be right, but maybe that can end up being a good thing.

This looks awesome! I was thinking of trying to do a remake of Relic but in all honesty, I haven’t got the time or patience to use forge.

It’s great to see this map remade, please tell me you put classic weapon spawns in!?!

Also, make sure you send an email or post this over at Rooster Teeth, I’m sure Burnie is looking for this.

That’s -Yoinking!- awesome. It’s a shame modding is required for that number of Rock Walls, but I’m thinking that since that’s the only thing that has a modded amount,(as far as I can see) that it wouldn’t really lag that much, since it’s just walls.

itd be nice to have blood gulch back(minus the dmr). itd be great for tank kills as long as they were kept in unlike in reach. nice remake. did you have to mod to have so many items?

lol, your the 4th person to tell me this. I defiantly did that. Thanks

> This looks awesome! I was thinking of trying to do a remake of Relic but in all honesty, I haven’t got the time or patience to use forge.
>
> It’s great to see this map remade, please tell me you put classic weapon spawns in!?!

The only non HALO CE weapon on there is the BR. I figured that was on coagulation and doesnt have the range the DMR has

> I’ve got to ask: How does the DMR do on the map? Because the only reason I’m totally against Blood Gulch in Halo 4 (and Reach) is because the DMR breaks those maps. If the DMR works on this map, then I’ll be happy. Otherwise…
>
> Looks like a solid remake, and fun to play on (with the exception of my worry of the DMR). Great use of the Rock Wall Coliseums. Too bad the size can’t be right, but maybe that can end up being a good thing.

I do have BR on there, and since players can have there own loadouts, no guarantees that the DMR wont show up. But it is not on the map. Additionally I have a gametype that is classic slayer, but it is not on my fileshare.

> That’s -Yoinking!- awesome. It’s a shame modding is required for that number of Rock Walls, but I’m thinking that since that’s the only thing that has a modded amount,(as far as I can see) that it wouldn’t really lag that much, since it’s just walls.

Nice thing is 343i made them hollow to, so its even more less lag like normal on it. Only solid is the surface, just like the maps islands. That is what I heard from others that is.

OP: Checking it out now.

Great work, mate. Is there a Coagulation version?

> Nice thing is 343i made them hollow to, so its even more less lag like normal on it. Only solid is the surface, just like the maps islands. That is what I heard from others that is.
>
> OP: Checking it out now.

Hmm. that is ineresting. I do know they have a rectangle hit box that does not meet the contours of the design, which is why im floating.

> > Nice thing is 343i made them hollow to, so its even more less lag like normal on it. Only solid is the surface, just like the maps islands. That is what I heard from others that is.
> >
> > OP: Checking it out now.
>
> Hmm. that is ineresting. I do know they have a rectangle hit box that does not meet the contours of the design, which is why im floating.

I had to wonder why you were floating. lol. But I think i was reading somewhere or chatting with someone about it, but now who was it, geez 22 years old & already can’t remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday.

This is actually pretty darn good remake, if you’re the forger, maybe remake hold-out for me, lol. I know, I know, but it was my favorite firefight map & I always wanted to play it on multiplayer. But i’m subscribing & liking the map. Great job.

I loved your vid-preview, game-play, & best music choice for it.

-deleted-

> no, and it probably wont be made by me. I wasn’t too thrilled with that map (the bases annoyed me with there complexity). Not saying it was bad, just not my cup of tea.

I thank your thinking of the wrong map, there was no bases * it wasn’t complex at all. It was in the ending of halo-reach’s campaign, before it, that small area there when noble six decided to stay to give the ship room to to take-off. Its fine, I might try tomorrow before my job interview, I’m just not great at re-creating stuff.

> I had to wonder why you were floating. lol. But I think i was reading somewhere or chatting with someone about it, but now who was it, geez 22 years old & already can’t remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday.
>
> This is actually pretty darn good remake, if you’re the forger, maybe remake hold-out for me, lol. I know, I know, but it was my favorite firefight map & I always wanted to play it on multiplayer. But i’m subscribing & liking the map. Great job.
>
> I loved your vid-preview, game-play, & best music choice for it.

Well, Halo CE remake deserves Halo CE music. Im creating a new video for the updated version. This was only the rough draft, and I shouldnt have put the video on youtube so soon because it was demanded… So yeah, be sure to check that.

And about remaking hold out. I will defiantly look into that. May have to go play Firefight on easy to get the lay out right, but I dont see that being too difficult. That was a basic map.

> I thank your thinking of the wrong map, there was no bases * it wasn’t complex at all. It was in the ending of halo-reach’s campaign, before it, that small area there when noble six decided to stay to give the ship room to to take-off. Its fine, I might try tomorrow before my job interview, I’m just not great at re-creating stuff.

Hate to say this, but that was in response to remaking coagulation…sorry for the confusion on that. And good luck!

> Great work, mate. Is there a Coagulation version?

no, and it probably wont be made by me. I wasn’t too thrilled with that map (the bases annoyed me with there complexity). Not saying it was bad, just not my cup of tea.

> > I thank your thinking of the wrong map, there was no bases * it wasn’t complex at all. It was in the ending of halo-reach’s campaign, before it, that small area there when noble six decided to stay to give the ship room to to take-off. Its fine, I might try tomorrow before my job interview, I’m just not great at re-creating stuff.
>
> Hate to say this, but that was in response to remaking coagulation…sorry for the confusion on that. And good luck!

I knew, you could of edited the post, its fine, tried making a legit rust on erosion, did not work out very well both times. ;( I run out of money or pieces. But thanks. Good luck in getting rooster teeth to see it. I’m amazed I haven’t see a cage remake on forge island, all others do but this one. lol.

EDIT:

Oh, oops. So, do you hate coagaulation or hold-out or both? I’m so lost.