Holy crap - these beta screens look amazing

I don’t know if everyone knows about these HD screens from the Halo 5 beta, but they’re up on the website here -> https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians#gallery

same pics, but pics shown in higher res: http://neptunegames.it/en/halo-5-guardians-prime-immagini-di-gioco-sulle-mappe-multiplayer/

That vidoc really did not do the footage shown off any justice. These screens, however, make me really appreciate the tech wizards and artists over at 343 Industries. That midship…the lighting, the insane textures, the art design… :’]

-I see that they’ve been posted in a thread below, but that link does not feature HD screenshots. This one does.

Hot damn, these screens do look a lot better. What a master piece that midship remake is. The colors are perfect. I like the blue take on that map instead of having purple all the time.

The minuscule texturing is pretty incredible.

I want MCC, I need H5 Guardians :slight_smile:

Sure is looking great!

the detail is out of this world!

I want to see them at a higher resolution!

If you notice, covenant designs there seem VERY organic. It really seems to embrace the organic and insectioidiness.

> I want to see them at a higher resolution!
>
> If you notice, covenant designs there seem VERY organic. It really seems to embrace the organic and insectioidiness.

I agree. The organic nature of the sculpting looks insane and the overall results are worthy of the map’s alien origins.
Just from looking at it, I can see how 343i is drawing influence from Halo 5’s apparently darker storyline.

-Yoink!- thats a good looking game. And this is still early in development?

And just imagine, multiplayer maps have traditionally been “clean” compared to campaign levels, so if this is what multiplayer looks like…

Midship looks gorgeous. I absolutely love the more organic look. I wonder if a lot of the Covenant style of this game will follow that.

This is very early in development and the map already looks… dreamy, in a way.

The city map looks interesting, but I’d like to see more. Especially the outside part of it. The city in the background looks amazing.

> Midship looks gorgeous. I absolutely love the more organic look. I wonder if a lot of the Covenant style of this game will follow that.
>
> This is very early in development and the map already looks… dreamy, in a way.
>
>
>
> The city map looks interesting, but I’d like to see more. Especially the outside part of it. The city in the background looks amazing.

It would be awesome if the City map was a transformed map of Skyline. People got there hopes up about hornets returning from the dlc map.

I have no idea how big this map is, but a roof top symmetrical battle with 2 hornets on the map would be awesome.

The cityscapes are something to die for… <3

So beautiful and the game still have more than a year of development, can’t wait to get my hands on the beta!
Just imagine what the campaign will look like.

I’ll be the one to say meh. I honestly thought this was all just content from the Master Chief collection until I thought back to what the hell an AR model was doing in the last Vidoc. It looks good, yes, but to me it just falls where I was expecting the game’s visuals to be on the Xbox One (ergo, MCC). It doesn’t strike me as special.

I’ve gotta say, I love the art style. It feels very Halo to me. A lot may disagree, but vibrant colors are a big part of the Halo experience IMO. It looks like they took Halo 3 and gave it steroids.

> I’ll be the one to say meh. I honestly thought this was all just content from the Master Chief collection until I thought back to what the hell an AR model was doing in the last Vidoc. It looks good, yes, but to me it just falls where I was expecting the game’s visuals to be on the Xbox One (ergo, MCC). It doesn’t strike me as special.

So then I guess it’s a pretty good thing that this game still has more than a year of development left.

> I don’t know if everyone knows about these HD screens from the Halo 5 beta, but they’re up on the website here → https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians#gallery
>
> same pics, but pics shown in higher res: http://neptunegames.it/en/halo-5-guardians-prime-immagini-di-gioco-sulle-mappe-multiplayer/
>
> That vidoc really did not do the footage shown off any justice. These screens, however, make me really appreciate the tech wizards and artists over at 343 Industries. That midship…the lighting, the insane textures, the art design… :’]
>
> -I see that they’ve been posted in a thread below, but that link does not feature HD screenshots. This one does.

Actually, the Halo Waypoint versions are the originals. To view the higher resolution, right click the image you want to view and select “View Image” and, poof, like magic, an embiggened version will dominate your screen, straight from Halo Waypoint.

> > I don’t know if everyone knows about these HD screens from the Halo 5 beta, but they’re up on the website here → https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians#gallery
> >
> > same pics, but pics shown in higher res: http://neptunegames.it/en/halo-5-guardians-prime-immagini-di-gioco-sulle-mappe-multiplayer/
> >
> > That vidoc really did not do the footage shown off any justice. These screens, however, make me really appreciate the tech wizards and artists over at 343 Industries. That midship…the lighting, the insane textures, the art design… :’]
> >
> > -I see that they’ve been posted in a thread below, but that link does not feature HD screenshots. This one does.
>
> Actually, the Halo Waypoint versions are the originals. To view the higher resolution, right click the image you want to view and select “View Image” and, poof, like magic, an embiggened version will dominate your screen, straight from Halo Waypoint.

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest image…

It looks like it’s got Halo 4’s graphical quality to me, and that’s a huge compliment considering it’s only in beta stage.

Everybody else seems to be amazed, and I hate to be That Guy™, but I’m just not seeing anything I’d call impressive. They’re okay screens, not terrible, nothing special either.

> Everybody else seems to be amazed, and I hate to be That Guy™, but I’m just not seeing anything I’d call impressive. They’re okay screens, not terrible, nothing special either.

Work in progress.