Hologram?

I mean, I understand if you are trying to appeal to people who play the game for a week and sell it for the next COD, but does this developer seriously think that people are going to be using the hologram?

I feel like they need to hire some really smart nerds because that is not creative at all, especially when it was useless in Halo Reach because no one ever fell for it or used it unless they were trolling low level pubs.

I say AGAIN. NO ONE FALLS FOR IT.

I mean maybe if it was your first time playing…but even then, if you have ever played Halo before, just…no.

With the new Hologram:

1. It appears as a real person against Promethean Vision
  2. Your reticle turns red when you aim at a hologram
  3. They move more realistically

If you watch the mlg videos, alot of those players were fooled by the hologram. Maybe its better now.

I am the op on another account.

Mlg players pro and amateur alike have never used hologram and do not fall for it…ever. I have been watching halo streams and tournaments for w while until reach really died and I have never seen hologram used.

Even though they tried to fix it it will still be useless because developer is not very skilled players and dont understand that not many ppl will fall for it. Im sure their fameyrdting shows that it is a super cool creative class that makes the game interesting to the degenerates who play call of duty

> I am the op on another account.
>
> Mlg players pro and amateur alike have never used hologram and do not fall for it…ever. I have been watching halo streams and tournaments for w while until reach really died and I have never seen hologram used.
>
> Even though they tried to fix it it will still be useless because developer is not very skilled players and dont understand that not many ppl will fall for it. Im sure their fameyrdting shows that it is a super cool creative class that makes the game interesting to the degenerates who play call of duty

I’ve seen it used and MLG players fell for it, plus, WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU HAVE MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS?

I use it myself in Reach and people still fall for it. The mlg halo 4 vids also show that people were falling for it as well, probably more frequently due to some of the changes. Hologram is actually the one armor ability I do not mind using and having being used on.

This is interesting. I made a Hologram thread yesterday. At the time I made the thread I held the same regard for hologram. Then I went and used hologram in a couple of playlists. I used it with great success in Super-Slayer. We went up against a team of pretty good “MLG” types (callouts, bait-n-switch etc.) I embarassed one with a sword using a hologram. It has its uses. You can get people to pre-nade corners and start the DMR fight up 1 to 2 shots. Its pretty epic. Also, if someone is charging you with a sword, its a freakin’ melee magnet. There was one game with an highranking individual who was content to shot-melee with his shotgun against my holograms three times. It was freakin’ hilarious.I think its primary purpose should be a moveable radar. Send it as a red-dot on their radar, and watch shots being fired and grenades thrown, Now you know where the opposing players are (roughly).
Now I think that really good players can make use of other armour abilities better, but its still semi-viable and can even trick people in reach (which i used to think it couldn’t do).

Now in Halo 4, it even has reticule reddening properties. Thats purdy good methinks.

My suggestion from my Hologram thread:

A hologram, while running in the sent direction, copies the hologram-sender’s direction that he faces. IE, if Player A sends Holo A facing north, it stays facing north, but then when Player A turns west, Holo A turns west, still running north. This would also apply to vertical looking: Looking upward would cause the Holo to copy.

Would make the hologram pretty convincing, even if you were just playing normally after sending the hologram. There would also be a high skill ceiling with it like this.

I have to disagree.
Hologram has many more uses than just making people think that you’re running straight at them. These “Smart Nerds” as you stated have thought outside the box. It’s not their fault if people can only think of one way to use it.

Even in Reach I can think of at least 6 more ways to use the hologram than I can for sprint.

> With the new Hologram:
> 1. It appears as a real person against Promethean Vision
> 2. Your reticle turns red when you aim at a hologram
> 3. They move more realistically

This guy (or gal) right here, knows what’s up.

> This guy (or gal) right here, knows what’s up.

Guy, lol, thanks dude.

Hologram is useless to me. It’s easy to tell if it’s fake or not.

Regardless of how many things are added to Halo, this is an arena shooter. Strafing, shooting, and decision making and a bit of team work depending on the game type.

I am sure it can be used(good example for super slayer man…) but not against me, people on my level, or even just people who have run into it a few times.

I am thinking about me using it and it being used against me…not how you use it against kids in super slayer. Its like SC. How many times do you die to 6 pool? Do you die every game because 6 pool is good and joe schmo did a 6 pool to some kid in silver league (super slayer).

I would not fall for it enough to give my enemy an advantage because I have good skill and mechanics. I am not god and it does not take one to destroy noobs with hologram.

It would not help me win if I used it because I do not need that and would use the overpowered Xray vision or thruster. I would not use it because I am a skilled player at the arena shooter: Halo and I OUT strafe, shoot, and smart my opponents before they can leave their side of the map and get lucky or use a gimmick on me.

> Hologram is useless to me. It’s easy to tell if it’s fake or not.

Quoted and thanked.

> Hologram is useless to me. It’s easy to tell if it’s fake or not.

In Reach, perhaps, but remember that Halo 4 isn’t Reach. Just because something behaved one way in one game, it does not mean that it will be a clone in the next.

Is anyone else here good enough to know that regardless of what the dev puts in the game, whether it be halo 5 or 6, that their arena shooter skills and halo prowess will keep them at the top of the pack and above things like hoologram?

Does everyone here understand that this ability does not scale well with skill because once you reach a certain point, not only is it not a good trick anymore, but even if you are tricked, that the guy doing it will be so bad that you can easily clean him up with the out BR?

How many good people have destroyed you with hologram? For me…not very many.

Its not something good people need or want to use and since that is true, then the people USING IT will be bad and will be unable to kill you no matter what since you understand game movement and shooting and have a game sense.

> > Hologram is useless to me. It’s easy to tell if it’s fake or not.
>
> In Reach, perhaps, but remember that Halo 4 isn’t Reach. Just because something behaved one way in one game, it does not mean that it will be a clone in the next.

yes yes i am excited to see all the abilities (even though they could have had a more creative idea in its place) and understand that it may be OK.

Thing is, is that going to be ur go to ability?

I DIDNT THINK SO

> > Hologram is useless to me. It’s easy to tell if it’s fake or not.
>
> In Reach, perhaps, but remember that Halo 4 isn’t Reach. Just because something behaved one way in one game, it does not mean that it will be a clone in the next.

That’s true and I know, but I hear that it performs exactly the same way in Reach. Best man used and thinks nothing of it. Not saying everyone should take his word on it, but it probably remains unchanged.

Even in PV, you can see the person emitting it and tell if it’s just walking in a straight line.

Ive been tricked by a hologram once :frowning: Lol across map on hemorrhage though so i couldnt tell really i was in a wraith, i saw a “guy” running for cover so i fired a wraith bomb at him from about plasma launcher spot, hologram little in front of their shotgun spawn. My team mate fell for it too and tried to attack the hologram… and caught my wraith bomb. I was insta booted xD hologram for the win right there, even as embarrassing as it is

Even if someone does fall for it don’t you think it’s just an incredibly cheap and unskillful way to kill someone?

The most useful thing I’ve seen hologram do, is block bullets and sword.

I have had times where I was about to die, and the hologram came out while I was in front of the enemy. What happened as I watched him use? It got in the way, and blocked my bullets, hindered my movement or wasted my sword lunge.

Other than that, I haven’t been tricked by hologram to the point where I died.

I love hologram.