Hologram Needs A Buff

It does.

Aside from a nameplate over the head and a red reticule the bug with it appearing white on the enemy motion tracker if he’s host needs to be fixed.

More than that though, Hologram needs a major improvement in how you can use it.

Right now sending it facing and running in the direction you point at isn’t convincing enough either. If I’m shoting with a guy and he strafes into cover he isn’t going to fool me if he then sends out a Hologram that doesn’t look at me while it runs perpendicular to how I’m facing.

Instead I paraphrase a suggestion made by Hylebos:

Point at where you want the Hologram to go, press the AA button. Then face where you want the Hologram to look. Then release the AA button. The Hologram will then face the direction you were looking in while it moves to the point you selected.

This way that guy that strafed into cover could have sent out a Hologram that was moving perpendicular to me while it was facing me.

In addition to that the idea came to me that if you send out a Hologram while crouched, the Hologram should be crouched as well. Another layer to convince and trick your target.

I think it works well the way it is. It can still fool people, and we don’t want it looking too real.

You just have to be smart in the way you use it.

> I think it works well the way it is. It can still fool people, and we don’t want it looking too real.
>
> You just have to be smart in the way you use it.

Your options in using it are pretty limited, which is why it doesn’t get more use in Team Slayer, because it’s so niched.

I think the only way to buff the Hologram is to make it more durable (so it flickers less when shoot) and increase its lifespan.

The only people that think it sucks is because they use it wrong. (like using it when your right in front of someone)

If I use it its to distract, or to check around corners.

However I do like the crouching.

I send it up lifts and man cannons to trick the other team. Works like a charm. A good way of using it is to point down at the ground and use it, then move forward. This will trick your enemy into thinking that you’re the hologram. This doesn’t always work, though.

Hologram is incredibly underrated. It is extremely useful and people don’t even know it.

Sure, if your in combat it may not be able to save your life because it is completely up to your opponents stupidity. But if used correctly it can be used as an invaluable tool.

For example, you approach a hallway with an opening. Its quiet, and your radar is clear. But you send a hologram out just in case. As it passes through the opening a sniper round passes through its head and it flickers. Not only did you not die, because it was your hologram, but your opponent wasted a sniper round.

If you can get them to waste a rocket or a sniper bullet its done its job.

So it isn’t useless, I just think it is very limited. I think the hologram should mimmick what the player does. So if you send your hologram out, and you turn in a direction, the hologram should turn while continuing in the direction you sent it. It should mimmick you. So if you reload, your hologram reloads, If you switch weapons, your hologram switches weapons. If you crouch your hologram crouches. You are essentially puppeteering your hologram. The only thing is that the hologram will continue to move in the direction you face it, you can not change its course. It will always move on the line.

> I think it works well the way it is. It can still fool people, and we don’t want it looking too real.
>
> You just have to be smart in the way you use it.

It is fine the way it is. Leave it.

I found hologram to be more useful against the AI in campaign than in matchmaking. It’s not impossible to use in most MM’s but I’ve found it difficult to work with. It works better on smaller maps and on wide open maps, I don’t think it’s very useful at all.

> > I think it works well the way it is. It can still fool people, and we don’t want it looking too real.
> >
> > You just have to be smart in the way you use it.
>
> It is fine the way it is. Leave it.

It’s fine being the most underused AA? For how often it’s used in MMing it might as well not even be included.

That’s a problem.

> > > I think it works well the way it is. It can still fool people, and we don’t want it looking too real.
> > >
> > > You just have to be smart in the way you use it.
> >
> > It is fine the way it is. Leave it.
>
> It’s fine being the most underused AA? For how often it’s used in MMing it might as well not even be included.
>
> That’s a problem.

I use it for humor purposes. I like to find low level people on reach and watch them shoot like crazy at it. Did you really think it was gunna be more popular than the others?

I completely agree that it needs a Buff. How are you going to nerf camo and forget about hologram. I see 4 changes to make it slightly more powerful, all the way to an almighty beast.

Make the dot on radar Red instead of white. - Simple

Have your name projected above its head. - Simple

Let the hologram actually take hits. If a rocket is coming, Bam! Instant holo shield.

Now for out of the ordinary that would let hologram compete with Sprint, have damage inflicted on to your hologram directly reflected into powering up your shield. Crazy, but what in Halo isn’t?

On a side note, What happened to drop-shield. A team based armor ability and just scrape it from all matchmaking and shove it in the corner with invasion.

> On a side note, What happened to drop-shield. A team based armor ability and just scrape it from all matchmaking and shove it in the corner with invasion.

It was removed because as usual, people didn’t like how people could camp inside the bubbles and protect the objective. I mean you could always drive through them but the lack of Plasma Pistols made it hard to break through multiple bubble shields.

Though this may seem off-topic, I was just wondering: Why not have all AA’s have options for the TU? This could have solved many problems, including what this topic is referring to. I can understand time constraints and the like, but it just seems like the logical thing to do.

But back on topic, as others have said just give the hologram a name above our head and change how it appears of radar for teammates and enemies.

> It does.
>
> Aside from a nameplate over the head and a red reticule the bug with it appearing white on the enemy motion tracker if he’s host needs to be fixed.
>
> More than that though, Hologram needs a major improvement in how you can use it.
>
> Right now sending it facing and running in the direction you point at isn’t convincing enough either. If I’m shoting with a guy and he strafes into cover he isn’t going to fool me if he then sends out a Hologram that doesn’t look at me while it runs perpendicular to how I’m facing.
>
> Instead I paraphrase a suggestion made by Hylebos:
>
> Point at where you want the Hologram to go, press the AA button. Then face where you want the Hologram to look. Then release the AA button. The Hologram will then face the direction you were looking in while it moves to the point you selected.
>
> This way that guy that strafed into cover could have sent out a Hologram that was moving perpendicular to me while it was facing me.
>
> In addition to that the idea came to me that if you send out a Hologram while crouched, the Hologram should be crouched as well. Another layer to convince and trick your target.

agree. hologram should move to target location like it currently does. look like a player on the radar (not a white blip), and also look at the closest person to him and shoot (hologram bullets) in that persons direction to look more life-like. this would make hologram more useful for tricking people, instead of being flat out terrible like it currently is.