Hologram Buff Suggestion for the TU

I don’t know if this has been posted or discussed before(or if this will ever be considered), I just came here so I haven’t read much on the forums. Anyways, this is my suggestion.

Hologram buff #1: Instead of seeing a grey dot on your motion sensor when a hologram is walking, you will see a lighter red dot(not to be confused with the darker red dot signifying an opposing player below you).

Reason: Whenever activating a walking hologram, it can be easily identified via motion sensor. I can very easily glance at my motion tracker and tell if there is a hologram or person coming around the corner. Also, a keen eye would be able to distinguish the difference, but it could easily trick a newbie, or someone who is not very aware at the moment.

Hologram buff #2: Hologram appearance flexibility. One easy way to tell between the difference between a player and their hologram, is if they are walking straight at you without opening fire, or if they are standing up pointlessly when you know that the player is trying to be discreet. Instead of a hologram just having the standing up appearance of the player walking or standing still, it will actually have the appearance of the user when he/she activates the hologram. Say the player is crouching and they activate it, the hologram will be crouch walking or crouched when it is activated. One way to slightly make this less effective though, would be to keep their lighter red dot(if you do decide to use the above suggestion)so that a slightly more aware player will notice the difference. Also, when Frankie was talking in some videos about adding more custom options, I thought what I just said above could include if the player is invisible.

Reason: The hologram can be too obvious sometimes, and I thought that making it look more realistic compared to the player could help make the hologram a little more effective.

Hologram buff #3: When you point your reticle at the hologram, a name of one of your teammates a appears in red as if it is an enemy player AND/OR your reticle turns red when you point it at the hologram.

Reason: A hologram can be easily identified as a hologram by simply aiming at the hologram to see if a red name appears or if your reticle turns red.

*Hologram buff #4: If the hologram takes any damage, a shield pop animation is activated. For example, you melee or shoot the hologram with a DMR, you will see a shield pop, but any damage done afterwards will affect the hologram as it normally does now.

Reason: As of now, if you somehow get tricked by the hologram and start attacking it, your attention is not held very long, one Assault Rifle bullet can you if it is real or not. The amount of time it takes to distinguish the difference between player and not, is usually not a long enough time for the hologram user to mount any sort of effective surprise attack.

*=Might be slightly overpowered.

NOTE: I am not necessarily saying that the above suggestions should be used together, but hoping that at least one of them is put into use.

> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For 343i: As of now, those two are all of the suggestions I have, I don’t know if this thread will ever become of any use or not, or if this is just a pointless thread, but I thought I might have some at least half-decent ideas on how to make the hologram a little bit more useful.

For community: If I made any mistakes in the above text, please feel free to post and tell me. Also, if you have any feedback, or complaints, or would just wish to comment, please post.

> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other community suggestions:

Rocklimb’s suggestions

> DavidJCobb:
> Why not a double waypoint Holo?
>
> Point where you want it to run. Cast.
>
> While its running there and before the cooldown expires, point it at another spot. Cast again
>
> Holo goes to spot 1. It turns, goes to spot 2.

Thank you for reading this thread.

Hologram needs to mimic its caster’s Visible Name Player Trait setting. Right now, it’s way too easy to identify a holo at range just by derp-swiping the reticle over it and seeing if a name pops up.

I had some ideas for holograms here. I suppose you could consider some ‘buffs’, but they’re mostly for fun:

> Bleeding Hologram
> The hologram functions the same as before, except when shot it ‘bleeds’ and perhaps even makes noises like an unshielded enemy would. Note that bullets would still pass through and it would be affected just the same by attacks - it would just pass off a bit more realistically.
>
> Homing Hologram
> This hologram would track the nearest target (within some range) and run straight at it. It of course wouldn’t be able to do anything, but this would pose a far more convincing fake than something running at some odd angle away from you. Imagine setting it off around a corner; you could just about guarantee an enemy will go for it if it turned the corner at them. Great for smoking out campers.
>
> Shooting Hologram
> Yes, that’s right, this hologram would shoot - but not really. No bullets (fake or otherwise) would come out, but the weapon would flash and sound as if it were firing. This would have to be a dependent on the weapon, as some weapons would be painfully obvious - such as the rocket launcher or sword. Charging weapons (laser/plasma launcher) could simply look like they’re constantly pre-charging like many players do anyway.
>
> Of course, these could all be mixed and matched - a hologram featuring all of these would be effective indeed.
>
> And one more, devoid of any seriousness:
> Teabagging Hologram
> Stops at the first corpse to -Yoink!- it. Why put yourself in harm’s way to get the message across?
>
> {…}
> AL Hologram
> A hologram that instantly throws itself into AL as soon as it’s shot at. Watch your opponents stand there senselessly waiting for your hologram to come out of AL!

Why not a double-waypoint Holo?

Point where you want it to run. Cast.

While it’s running there and before the cooldown expires, point at another spot. Cast again.

Holo goes to spot 1. It turns, goes to spot 2.

Hologram is magic. :stuck_out_tongue:

But, yeah. I agree to many of the suggestions.

> Hologram needs to mimic its caster’s Visible Name Player Trait setting. Right now, it’s way too easy to identify a holo at range just by derp-swiping the reticle over it and seeing if a name pops up.

That’s one thing I was thinking about, but couldn’t think of a good solution for.

I think I might have found one though, and I updated the OP with it and added a couple of other things. If anyone has any changes they would like to make to my suggestions or anything else, please post!

These are such great improvements for Hologram. I hope that 343i takes a good look at this thread and maybe more ideas will spark. This AA needs some improvement to be a bit more skillful for tactical gameplay and trickery.

> Why not a double-waypoint Holo?
>
>
> While it’s running there and before the cooldown expires, point at another spot. Cast again.
>

I like this idea and somebody died’s ‘Buff #2’ idea the most, so far. Pretty neat suggestions guys!

Thank you DavidJCobb, ThreeSixXero, AngeLexus and Nicholas Cave.

> Why not a double-waypoint Holo?
>
>
> While it’s running there and before the cooldown expires, point at another spot. Cast again.
>

This is exactly what I thought it would be for launch :confused: Feels bad, man.