Holding more than 2 weapons in halo infinite

I was wondering that if there’s a feature that you can hold more than 2 weapons in halo infinite, but it’s similar to the DOOM series although, in the rest of the halo games back then(halo 3, halo 2, halo CE, reach, ODST, etc.), you can hold 2 weapons each but in doom you can Carry almost 10 different weapons if I guessed correctly. But I like holding 2 weapons in the entire halo trilogy and the reclaimer saga. Not saying that the entire series is not ruined, it’s a suggestion. do you think you guys want that feature in halo infinite?:thinking::thinking: (It’s a suggestion for halo infinite)

Halo has always been a ‘pick you strategy’ oppose to being given everything. Figuring how how to use a sniper on both far and close quarters on the third mission of CE, as oppose to automatically having rockets or a shotgun at all times. Running low on ammo? Get creative.

Nah. One of the things that made CE such a unique and memorable game when it first released was the fact that you could only carry two weapons at a time. It felt more realistic than having an inventory of weapons to choose from at all times. It also provided a new challenge for players. As the above poster pointed out, you have to get creative when you can’t just cycle through an inventory of weapons to solve any problems that come up.

The map becomes far more valuable when you have to choose which weapons to carry. At one point you could be walking around with your trusty shotgun and pistol, but then walk past a rocket launcher. Which weapon do you give up in order to carry this potentially valuable tool? Does this mean the next section will need a heavy weapon? Or do you just ignore it and trust that your go-to weapons will be enough? That dilemma made CE such a fun and challenging game to play.

If Halo let you carry more weapons, the most I’d be fine with would be a Gears of War-style 3 (Two primaries, one pistol).

Even then, still not the biggest fan, unless certain pistols got nerfed.

Well with H2 bringing in the dual wielding you had 3 weapons, 1 holstered plus 1 in each hand. Of course you had to drop a weapon to use the holstered so it wasn’t exactly 3 weapons but you had an inventory max of 3. Same with H3 and hte introduction of heavy weapons such as the machine gun turret which could be removed from the base. Now of course to use the other weapons you have to drop but same as inventory was maxed at 3, not including grenades (and that is another topic).

If they decide to up the number of equipable weapons it would most likely be similar to Destiny’s approach, 2 standard weapons and 1 slot dedicated to heavy weapons. I would prefer to keep the number of the weapons the same as previous entries.

As much as I love Doom, Halo…Halo really should stick to 2 weapons since feels more natural.

Personally I good with just holding two weapons and I don’t think Infinite is the time to start changing things up especially since Infinite is going to be “spiritual reboot” of the series. It wouldn’t make sense at this point having us holding onto 3 or more weapons.

The limited equippable weapon slots is actually one of the features Halo helped standardize in the shooter space to simplify convoluted control schemes like in the original DOOM games. Having the limited weapons was a great way to make the gameplay translate better onto consoles, but it also had the benefit of adding a ton of challenge and variety into the campaign and a comparatively very balanced (certainly not by today’s standards, though) competitive MP sandbox.

This is a case where less is more, especially in Halo. The modern DOOM games have a good corner on the weapons wheel and are tons of fun, too. I’d just play that if you’re in the mood for more of a variety of weapon types. Halo’s sandbox is at its best when it’s very consise.

Maybe a primary, secondary, and support/ tactical weapon would be cool. Hear me out.
Imagine having a weapon like a plasma castor, or Hydra, very limited ammo, and only available after a cooldown timer reaches zero. Then you can unleash more destruction on your enemies. This would only be available in some sort of BTB or Warzone playlist.

> 2533274815543309;10:
> Maybe a primary, secondary, and support/ tactical weapon would be cool. Hear me out.
> Imagine having a weapon like a plasma castor, or Hydra, very limited ammo, and only available after a cooldown timer reaches zero. Then you can unleash more destruction on your enemies. This would only be available in some sort of BTB or Warzone playlist.

Sorta like the sword in CE Evolved’s Arbiter levels?

> 2535406065571788;1:
> I was wondering that if there’s a feature that you can hold more than 2 weapons in halo infinite, but it’s similar to the DOOM series although, in the rest of the halo games back then(halo 3, halo 2, halo CE, reach, ODST, etc.), you can hold 2 weapons each but in doom you can Carry almost 10 different weapons if I guessed correctly. But I like holding 2 weapons in the entire halo trilogy and the reclaimer saga. Not saying that the entire series is not ruined, it’s a suggestion. do you think you guys want that feature in halo infinite?:thinking::thinking: (It’s a suggestion for halo infinite)

> 2533274829873463;7:
> As much as I love Doom, Halo…Halo really should stick to 2 weapons since feels more natural.

I agree with ronnie42 here. Just keep Halo with 2 weapons. Doing anything more would really change how things play I feel.

I really think Halo needs to get back to map control. Not that it isn’t now, but always have that as the focus. I also think in modes like FFA and Team Slayer, they should be 1 weapon starts. Maybe not in BTB, I don’t… I’ve always liked the idea of having to go and find a secondary weapon.

> 2533274815543309;10:
> Maybe a primary, secondary, and support/ tactical weapon would be cool. Hear me out.
> Imagine having a weapon like a plasma castor, or Hydra, very limited ammo, and only available after a cooldown timer reaches zero. Then you can unleash more destruction on your enemies. This would only be available in some sort of BTB or Warzone playlist.

Destiny does this and it works quite well

I think halo should just stick to two. Limiting what the player has and doesn’t have is a big key part of level design and gameplay. At halos pace right now with someone carrying all weapons it might as well be unreal tournament or quake, which are some of my favorite games but that’s because they’re unreal and quake or even half life, and halo is halo. We’re finally getting this spiritual reboot and I’d like it to stay that way.
<ul class=“post-actions-list”> [/list]

Do you really need more than two? It would be a litte cool if you could have an equipment like a turret you could place down and cotroll. Like if you detatch a turret you can set it to stationary posision somwere else. But if it was possible it should have an ammo limit

Hmmm MAYBE for campaign add one more but PVP should stay at 2.

thank u guys for the responses

This is a need.

I’d rather not break the dichotomy we are given. You don’t need more than two weapons. Unless there is duel wielding. In which case you need three. But no, probably best not to get rid of something that is a staple of every Halo game, in a game that is supposed to be returning to form.