HOLD YOUR HORSES

I have seen a lot of hate on Halo 5 recently… and nobody’s even played the beta yet. PEOPLE; calm down and chill out before you go knocking on H5. I understand that what representatives and videos have shown, but that’s not the half of it. Just wait until you play the beta before bashing it.

> 2533274924514228;1:
> I have seen a lot of hate on Halo 5 recently… and nobody’s even played the beta yet. PEOPLE; calm down and chill out before you go knocking on H5. I understand that what representatives and videos have shown, but that’s not the half of it. Just wait until you play the beta before bashing it.

It is very possible, having played Halo 4 and Reach, to know how some of these features function.

It is very easy for someone with a competitive insight into Halo to see from the footage released how many of the new features will affect gameplay. People did this accurately prior to H4’s release with spot-on predictions that it would die quickly.

Sprint and Spartan Abilities will not be removed and maps have already been designed to accommodate them.

I’m not really sure what you see as the other half that we haven’t seen yet.

> 2533274840166174;2:
> > 2533274924514228;1:
> > I have seen a lot of hate on Halo 5 recently… and nobody’s even played the beta yet. PEOPLE; calm down and chill out before you go knocking on H5. I understand that what representatives and videos have shown, but that’s not the half of it. Just wait until you play the beta before bashing it.
>
>
> It is very possible, having played Halo 4 and Reach, to know how some of these features function.
>
> It is very easy for someone with a competitive insight into Halo to see from the footage released how many of the new features will affect gameplay.
>
> Sprint and Spartan Abilities will not be removed and maps have already been designes to accommodate them.
>
> I’m not really sure what you see as the other half that we haven’t seen yet.

The ‘other half’ is actually playing it. Watching someone play is COMPLETELY different than playing it yourself.

I am in the neutral party. I am just going to wait until the beta.

> 2533274924514228;3:
> > 2533274840166174;2:
> > > 2533274924514228;1:
> > > I have seen a lot of hate on Halo 5 recently… and nobody’s even played the beta yet. PEOPLE; calm down and chill out before you go knocking on H5. I understand that what representatives and videos have shown, but that’s not the half of it. Just wait until you play the beta before bashing it.
> >
> >
> >
> > It is very possible, having played Halo 4 and Reach, to know how some of these features function.
> >
> > It is very easy for someone with a competitive insight into Halo to see from the footage released how many of the new features will affect gameplay.
> >
> > Sprint and Spartan Abilities will not be removed and maps have already been designes to accommodate them.
> >
> > I’m not really sure what you see as the other half that we haven’t seen yet.
>
>
> The ‘other half’ is actually playing it. Watching someone play is COMPLETELY different than playing it yourself.

Some of the key features people have actually played themselves. For the others, I think you underestimate the extent to which a skilled player can see how certain things work just by watching. Obviously not 100% but sufficiently, I think, to not just wait it out til the beta which will only be used for minor tweaks rather than fixing or removing key features.

> 2533274924514228;1:
> I have seen a lot of hate on Halo 5 recently… and nobody’s even played the beta yet. PEOPLE; calm down and chill out before you go knocking on H5. I understand that what representatives and videos have shown, but that’s not the half of it. Just wait until you play the beta before bashing it.

The game could change a lot before the beta is released. Hopefully this will be the case. I do not want another call of duty-based Halo game.

Seeing gameplay should be enough for anyone to have a basic opinion

> 2533274876134618;7:
> Seeing gameplay should be enough for anyone to have a basic opinion

In the current state of things, I will not be surprised if everyone reports that the game plays and feels differently from what they have seen.

Not joining any camps here, I just think a complete 180 is still not too far off.

> 2533274873310828;8:
> > 2533274876134618;7:
> > Seeing gameplay should be enough for anyone to have a basic opinion
>
>
> In the current state of things, I will not be surprised if everyone reports that the game plays and feels differently from what they have seen.
>
> Not joining any camps here, I just think a complete 180 is still not too far off.

Not everyone will get a chance to play it because that requires a $60 game on a new console for only a certain time period. For some people what they see is all they will have to decide if they should spend $500.

You think I have the strength to hold a horse? Casuals…

Wait for the beta, if its bad… Open the floodgates.

> 2533274876134618;9:
> > 2533274873310828;8:
> > > 2533274876134618;7:
> > > Seeing gameplay should be enough for anyone to have a basic opinion
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > In the current state of things, I will not be surprised if everyone reports that the game plays and feels differently from what they have seen.
> >
> > Not joining any camps here, I just think a complete 180 is still not too far off.
>
>
>
> Not everyone will get a chance to play it because that requires a $60 game on a new console for only a certain time period. For some people what they see is all they will have to decide if they should spend $500.

This is why I implore people who have such an opportunity to let go of any bias and prejudice and play with a neutral and objective mindset, if not for your sake then for others who depend on your impressions.

I am probably part of the group you mentioned too. Can only wait for a miracle.