Hold 343 Management accountable

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Am I wrong to think that 343 is not being held accountable for anything?? It’s been 10 years of bugs, bad game play, and broken games. I believe its time for top management change…

> 2533274799955104;1:
> Am I wrong to think that 343 is not being held accountable for anything?? It’s been 10 years of bugs, bad game play, and broken games. I believe its time for top management change…

10 years of bugs- literally every Halo game released has had bugs, and still has bugs. Actually 90% of games that have ever released had bugs

bad game play- Halo Infinite gameplay is smooth and fun

broken games- Infinite hasn’t release yet how do you know this?

I’m not out to roast 343, but the excuses and backflips people are doing to defend everything they do is pretty insane.

Who says I’m only talking about infinite?? MCC was broken for at least 8 years… Halo4 terrible gameplay Halo 5 terrible story… Missed release dates… Horrible showing at E3 2020 for Halo Infinite… Like honestly how are you defending 343 at this point??

> 2535445298029652;3:
> I’m not out to roast 343, but the excuses and backflips people are doing to defend everything they do is pretty insane.

I’m not for that either. I can understand Forge not being there at launch. But no co-op campaign at launch? that is unacceptable

> 2535445298029652;3:
> I’m not out to roast 343, but the excuses and backflips people are doing to defend everything they do is pretty insane.

Indeed. The apologists are out in full force today and it is sad to see. The more this behavior continues and consumers make excuses for it the more they justify incomplete games being released and “patched” later.

We are living in an age of “early access” titles being shipped as full release games and people being perfectly fine with the deception.

> 2533274799955104;4:
> Who says I’m only talking about infinite?? MCC was broken for at least 8 years… Halo4 terrible gameplay Halo 5 terrible story… Missed release dates… Horrible showing at E3 2020 for Halo Infinite… Like honestly how are you defending 343 at this point??

MCC was broken for at least 8 years- It was more like 2-3 years but yeah I understand that point is valid

Halo4 terrible gameplay- It wasn’t terrible to play it was just different that the previous games. Halo Reach’s gameplay felt worse imo

Halo 5 terrible story- Absolutely true.

Missed release dates- Halo 2 and 3 had delayed their release dates as well. So did RDR2. What’s your point?

Horrible showing at E3 2020 for Halo Infinite- Yup.

Like honestly how are you defending 343 at this point??- I’m optimistic for the future of the franchise. From what I’ve played it’s definitely a great improvement from Halo 5. And what I’ve seen in Halo Wars 2 and the story trailers we’ve seen, it’s looking like it’s going in the right direction

Are we forgetting all of the bugs that exist in the older Halo games? Or how a lot of those features were absolutely hated at the time? Like, I dont even know where to start with Halo 2 bugs. Even the stuff people like, like BXR is a bug lol. As for Halo 3, people hated and still do hate the battle rifle, and equipment. Whether or not we like it now or it grew on us, these things were not taken well at the time. And then Reach had sprint, armor lock, and bloom. Don’t get me wrong, I loved these games as much as the next person, Halo 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, but these games were not flawless or completely beloved. Halo Infinite is not out yet, so we can’t honestly say what people do or do not like, since they haven’t played it. And the people who played the tech preview (myself included) generally loved the feel of the gameplay, the music, the weapons, and the sound design. I understand that people are worried, but we just have to wait and see, even when its hard and the game is so close.

> 2533274802341352;8:
> Are we forgetting all of the bugs that exist in the older Halo games? Or how a lot of those features were absolutely hated at the time? Like, I dont even know where to start with Halo 2 bugs. Even the stuff people like, like BXR is a bug lol. As for Halo 3, people hated and still do hate the battle rifle, and equipment. Whether or not we like it now or it grew on us, these things were not taken well at the time. And then Reach had sprint, armor lock, and bloom. Don’t get me wrong, I loved these games as much as the next person, Halo 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, but these games were not flawless or completely beloved. Halo Infinite is not out yet, so we can’t honestly say what people do or do not like, since they haven’t played it. And the people who played the tech preview (myself included) generally loved the feel of the gameplay, the music, the weapons, and the sound design. I understand that people are worried, but we just have to wait and see, even when its hard and the game is so close.

Reach Shipped perfectly IMO.
Zero bugs from memory.
Zero Match Making Issues.
Only needed a single title update 6 months after release.
It had ALL FEATURES at launch, and was made by a team that stuck together from Halo CE to Reach. Growing as a team with each iteration…
343 Doesn’t have the same, the halo 4 team are MIA, the halo 5 team moved on and Infinite is being made by a new team altogether…

> 2533274795640608;9:
> > 2533274802341352;8:
> > Are we forgetting all of the bugs that exist in the older Halo games? Or how a lot of those features were absolutely hated at the time? Like, I dont even know where to start with Halo 2 bugs. Even the stuff people like, like BXR is a bug lol. As for Halo 3, people hated and still do hate the battle rifle, and equipment. Whether or not we like it now or it grew on us, these things were not taken well at the time. And then Reach had sprint, armor lock, and bloom. Don’t get me wrong, I loved these games as much as the next person, Halo 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, but these games were not flawless or completely beloved. Halo Infinite is not out yet, so we can’t honestly say what people do or do not like, since they haven’t played it. And the people who played the tech preview (myself included) generally loved the feel of the gameplay, the music, the weapons, and the sound design. I understand that people are worried, but we just have to wait and see, even when its hard and the game is so close.
>
> Reach Shipped perfectly IMO.
> Zero bugs from memory.
> Zero Match Making Issues.
> Only needed a single title update 6 months after release.
> It had ALL FEATURES at launch, and was made by a team that stuck together from Halo CE to Reach. Growing as a team with each iteration…
> 343 Doesn’t have the same, the halo 4 team are MIA, the halo 5 team moved on and Infinite is being made by a new team altogether…

Being made by a new team isn’t inherently bad, and there are definitely quite a few old hands still working at 343. As for the Reach stuff, keep in mind that the game was using systems that mostly already existed due to being made on the same engine as all the previous games. As for the bugs and matchmaking issues, we don’t know that Infinite will launch with bugs or issues. Hopefully that is being addressed by them delaying the launch of forge and coop. No doubt, if these features are cut and we ALSO get a broken game, then we can really complain.

> 2533274802341352;8:
> Are we forgetting all of the bugs that exist in the older Halo games? Or how a lot of those features were absolutely hated at the time? Like, I dont even know where to start with Halo 2 bugs. Even the stuff people like, like BXR is a bug lol. As for Halo 3, people hated and still do hate the battle rifle, and equipment. Whether or not we like it now or it grew on us, these things were not taken well at the time. And then Reach had sprint, armor lock, and bloom. Don’t get me wrong, I loved these games as much as the next person, Halo 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, but these games were not flawless or completely beloved. Halo Infinite is not out yet, so we can’t honestly say what people do or do not like, since they haven’t played it. And the people who played the tech preview (myself included) generally loved the feel of the gameplay, the music, the weapons, and the sound design. I understand that people are worried, but we just have to wait and see, even when its hard and the game is so close.

I don’t recall 1-4 even launching with anything close to level of bugs, missing content, or bad launches as we have with MCC onward.

> 2533274799955104;1:
> Am I wrong to think that 343 is not being held accountable for anything?? It’s been 10 years of bugs, bad game play, and broken games. I believe its time for top management change…

They are accountable to the corporation that they work for, not you.

> 2535449665894532;11:
> > 2533274802341352;8:
> > Are we forgetting all of the bugs that exist in the older Halo games? Or how a lot of those features were absolutely hated at the time? Like, I dont even know where to start with Halo 2 bugs. Even the stuff people like, like BXR is a bug lol. As for Halo 3, people hated and still do hate the battle rifle, and equipment. Whether or not we like it now or it grew on us, these things were not taken well at the time. And then Reach had sprint, armor lock, and bloom. Don’t get me wrong, I loved these games as much as the next person, Halo 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, but these games were not flawless or completely beloved. Halo Infinite is not out yet, so we can’t honestly say what people do or do not like, since they haven’t played it. And the people who played the tech preview (myself included) generally loved the feel of the gameplay, the music, the weapons, and the sound design. I understand that people are worried, but we just have to wait and see, even when its hard and the game is so close.
>
> I don’t recall 1-4 even launching with anything close to level of bugs, missing content, or bad launches as we have with MCC onward.

Like half of Halo 2’s story got completely cut. There is a reason some missions are so short, like High Charity. Even 3 had a lot of cut content like that, and Johnson and crew died due to last minute decisions. Also these games had heavy, heavy crunch time. Sure the games got pushed out, but the devs were treated awfully. Plus, game coverage was different back then, and we simply just weren’t privy to all of the issues that games had during development. No defense for the shoddy MCC launch, but also don’t forget that they fixed and expanded upon the game, for free.