Hog Vs. Mantis

Do you think it will be possible to “tackle” the Mantis with a hog to disable it for a moment?

Example 1

Example 2

I think the Mantis outguns the Hog with sheer firepower, but the Hog wields a speed and mass that should be able to tip the mech if ambushed, allowing for teammates to highjack it.

> Do you think it will be possible to “tackle” the Mantis with a hog to disable it for a moment?
>
> Example 1
>
> Example 2
>
> I think the Mantis outguns the Hog with sheer firepower, but the Hog wields a speed and mass that should be able to tip the mech if ambushed, allowing for teammates to highjack it.

Try mantis Vs Gausshog, then that’s a different story…

> > Do you think it will be possible to “tackle” the Mantis with a hog to disable it for a moment?
> >
> > Example 1
> >
> > Example 2
> >
> > I think the Mantis outguns the Hog with sheer firepower, but the Hog wields a speed and mass that should be able to tip the mech if ambushed, allowing for teammates to highjack it.
>
> Try mantis Vs Gausshog, then that’s a different story…

Well yes. The Gauss cannon/hog probably rivals the Mantis, but then again the Gauss rivals anything. I’m talking vanilla. Laag. Chaingun.

And The point isn’t the firepower, its the utilitarian use of the vehicles. Guerilla ewok tactics.

> > > Do you think it will be possible to “tackle” the Mantis with a hog to disable it for a moment?
> > >
> > > Example 1
> > >
> > > Example 2
> > >
> > > I think the Mantis outguns the Hog with sheer firepower, but the Hog wields a speed and mass that should be able to tip the mech if ambushed, allowing for teammates to highjack it.
> >
> > Try mantis Vs Gausshog, then that’s a different story…
>
> Well yes. The Gauss cannon/hog probably rivals the Mantis, but then again the Gauss rivals anything. I’m talking vanilla. Laag. Chaingun.
>
> And The point isn’t the firepower, its the utilitarian use of the vehicles. Guerilla ewok tactics.

agreed its the only true competitor of any vehicle/infantry

Although it is said that the chain-gun is meant to be more powerful than reach, just a thought.

What about t-Bagging the Warthog while using the Mantis? =)

> What about t-Bagging the Warthog while using the Mantis? =)

What about it?

question…what kinda weapon does the mantis have?

All the Mantis has to do is step on the Hog.

> question…what kinda weapon does the mantis have?

I think Hornet armament

I made a thread about this already OP But We got down to it and the legs seem frail enough for a hog to knock over.

> > question…what kinda weapon does the mantis have?
>
> I think Hornet armament

ok…so the gauss hog would destroy it

But, lore question…why the hell NOT give a mantis an attached splaser or gauss cannon…seriously it’s like introducing a Grizzly tank and mounting only a laag on it

The mantis seems like a mobile defense turret when you think about it. Maybe it has stabilizers in the form of an opposite force if it gets pushed over, small jet like openings? I wonder if it can jump.

Forklift would pwn them both.

Just sayin’

> Forklift would pwn them both.
>
> Just sayin’

Forkie ftw! :slight_smile: