Hmmm......What if.....

We let 343 spend as as much time as they need to develop and perfect the campaign? And multiplayer could really go back to its real roots. So basically multiplayer could remain the same a Halo CE multiplayer, with AR/Magnum spawns, no AAs, no sprint, etc, all the CE settings. And once the campaign + default MM has been released, they release the new multiplayer to the public, first through betas (available to players who bought the campaign disc), and then the public (also players who bought the campaign disc). This would allow the campaign to be as best as can be, and the multiplayer highly polished and thorough.

All comes down to Microsoft. If they want it released at a certain time then it will be released at that time regardless.

Hopefully 343i manage their time wisely to give us a complete polished game but if they are going to do weekly multiplayer updates again then they might release multiplayer a bit more bare bones again but give us an awesome campaign from launch.

tbh everyone wants the multiplayer to be ike CE but they wont, they just wont, game companies feel if they can pile it with things they have to, but they dont, tbh the most popular games are the most simple and game companies cant seem to understand that :confused: but tbh i wouldnt mind if they took an extra year aslong as it was the very best they could do and the game was actually finished unlike 4 :confused:

> tbh everyone wants the multiplayer to be ike CE but they wont, they just wont, game companies feel if they can pile it with things they have to, but they dont, tbh the most popular games are the most simple and game companies cant seem to understand that :confused: but tbh i wouldnt mind if they took an extra year aslong as it was the very best they could do and the game was actually finished unlike 4 :confused:

Saying everyone wants multiplayer to be CE multiplayer is a flat out assumption and lie. Some want Halo 2 multiplayer or Halo 3 multiplayer or Reach multiplayer or Halo 4 multiplayer over CE multiplayer.

I’d rather the next Halo have divided multiplayer for Classic and Infinity.

@OP, that isn’t too shabby an idea actually. Still shaky if I entirely agree or not though.

> but tbh i wouldnt mind if they took an extra year aslong as it was the very best they could do and the game was actually finished unlike 4 :confused:

Do you know how much content they cut from Halo 2 because they ran out of time?

If they needed to delay the game like 4/5 years to make the best campaign possible, I’d be for it

If they could create a game that is literally perfect, which no game has even came that close to, then I’d let them delay it 5 years if they need to, but only if it is absolutely perfect, which would be impossible.

> > but tbh i wouldnt mind if they took an extra year aslong as it was the very best they could do and the game was actually finished unlike 4 :confused:
>
> Do you know how much content they cut from Halo 2 because they ran out of time?

I know the ending is on that list, as is the end of the first mission, several vehicle combat sections, the Kestrel, the Strike Fighter, and a lot of other things.

I actually kinda hate CE’s multiplayer. I’d much prefer a hybrid of Halo 2’s and 3’s with some balancing and fixes, but to each their own. Anything’s better than Reach and 4.

I think they have the resources and the man power to complete a perfect campaign as well as an amazing multiplayer experience.

We don’t have to let them do anything.
They’ll take as much or little time as they please.

It saddens me to say that literally every game after Combat Evolved had more to offer, Microsoft just made them release it on the due date, hence why Halo 4 wasn’t even ready at start, all of them had cut out documents that would have made them wayyyy better. I doubt that they have a choice. D:

Separate release dates for Campaign and Multiplayer, I actually like the sound of that.

Campaign deserves much needed attention. You can’t send us into a pseudo open world environment in a flying vehicle of mass destruction with only a couple of hostiles… that (Shutdown’s Pelican section) was absolutely pathetic. In the concept, the towers were going to be heavily guarded by Promethean turrets. We’d probably have to fight Banshees or a Forerunner equivalent of the Broadsword. It’d have been nice to be able to choose which vehicle to fly. I know the Broadsword is meant for space combat (correct me if I’m wrong), but it’d have been nice to be able to use that instead of the Pelican.

So i think some of you are missing my point. My proposal is that they release a complete campaign, along with a basic version of multiplayer, with a full multiplayer release later. If they can do both, that would be great, but if they can’t, then i would prefer that campaign be given priority over multiplayer.

The basic multiplayer would be around CE level, but with the new weapons and vehicles implemented.

> We don’t have to let them do anything.
> They’ll take as much or little time as they please.

Well really they are given a set amount of time by MS. What I mean is that we should stop trying to dictate what they do. MS does that enough already. So we stop demanding stuff for multiplayer.

…that didnt come out right, but I have no better way of explaining it.

For me, 343 could copy past halo 2 matchmaking unto halo 5.