Hmm... How about ODST's?

Instead of the Elite, to Spartan. How about like you can change from Spartan-Elite-AND-ODST!!!

So like, there would be seperete. There would different armor especially.

1. Helmets there’s millions of different type’s of the ODST helmet. like romeo, blah, blah.

2. You can’t have the helmet off thing.

3. Specifically made-up ODST shoulders

4. Just a whole new armor customization menu all together.

5. New everything (ODST ONLY) like new utilitys, wrists, VISR colors.

6. And ODST’s can only use health packs and VISR mode. (Spartans are the same as Halo 3 spartans, no more health packs)

7. And the emblems on the chest

oh and those FireFight maps were BEAST. plus maybe they should make a forge world/New mombasa style kinda thing.

Well the ODSTs need some type of perk that would give them a chance against the Spartans.

What’s the point of different character models? It just makes the game have pointless variaton which can get frustrating.

If you need an example, just look back to elites in Halo 3. Their hitboxes were very frustrating to deal with, especially in SWAT.

> What’s the point of different character models? It just makes the game have pointless variaton which can get frustrating.
>
> If you need an example, just look back to elites in Halo 3. Their hitboxes were very frustrating to deal with, especially in SWAT.

O.K so we fix that, geez man calm down. And how does it make it frustrating. EXPLAIN.

> > What’s the point of different character models? It just makes the game have pointless variaton which can get frustrating.
> >
> > If you need an example, just look back to elites in Halo 3. Their hitboxes were very frustrating to deal with, especially in SWAT.
>
> O.K so we fix that, geez man calm down. And how does it make it frustrating. EXPLAIN.

With ODST’s there shouldn’t be much problem but in Halo 3 elites had a no hitbox neck.

> > > What’s the point of different character models? It just makes the game have pointless variaton which can get frustrating.
> > >
> > > If you need an example, just look back to elites in Halo 3. Their hitboxes were very frustrating to deal with, especially in SWAT.
> >
> > O.K so we fix that, geez man calm down. And how does it make it frustrating. EXPLAIN.
>
> With ODST’s there shouldn’t be much problem but in Halo 3 elites had a no hitbox neck.

Yeah, but I think this’ll be cool. So ODST’s are cool or, no?

Odst character models.

For me, the appeal to the Elites was something foreign to humanity as a whole. It was different, exciting, unusual. This was why I originally selected to play as an Elite all the time, eventually got lost in the lore, and here I am now.

ODSTs… are just unaugmented humans. There’s really nothing special about them. If I wanted to be a human, the Spartan is right there. I’ll just use him.

I believe that if ODST’s were included in Halo 4 [which I’d enjoy] they should be in their own playlists, ex: Shock Slayer, Firefight Classic, Silent SWAT, etc.

Brutes are the more logical option as they are more similar strength wise to Spartans and Elites rather than ODSTs

Sorry didin’t really phrase it well but you get the idea

While it’s not a terrible idea for Brutes to be in multiplayer, this [I feel] is about if ODST’s were to be included in H4 how best it would be to implement them. :slight_smile:

> > > > What’s the point of different character models? It just makes the game have pointless variaton which can get frustrating.
> > > >
> > > > If you need an example, just look back to elites in Halo 3. Their hitboxes were very frustrating to deal with, especially in SWAT.
> > >
> > > O.K so we fix that, geez man calm down. And how does it make it frustrating. EXPLAIN.
> >
> > With ODST’s there shouldn’t be much problem but in Halo 3 elites had a no hitbox neck.
>
> Yeah, but I think this’ll be cool. So ODST’s are cool or, no?

I wouldn’t be disappointed if they were in.

Maybe if the ODST models are gametype-specific? Like say VIP. If your team has the VIP you’re a squad of ODST’s facing off against a bunch of elites while guarding a spartan. If they bring VIP back I think it’d work well with this. Just make it so you can only be an ODST in certain playlists like Elite Slayer in Reach and in custom games make it to where you can choose to be an elite, spartan, or ODST. Like in Halo 3 or Reach.

ODST’s would be way smaller than Spartans, so they would need re-worked hitboxes like the elites have in Halo: Reach, and so they could not co-exist with Spartans in Spartan gametypes. They would would be treated the same way elites are now.

Canon wise ODSTs’ are smaller, slower and can’t jump as high as Spartans. If these traits were carried over to multiplayer I doubt anyone would want to play as them.

There’s a few people that want to play as different characters in MP. So, why don’t we let them? There could be a feature that forces the default character model (and colour perhaps) on opponents as to stop people abusing models for certain advantages (ie, people using the smallest character model to be a ‘smaller’ target). Those of you that play Q3 or QL know what I’m talking about. Your teammates would be able to see your true model, but your opponents won’t; they’d just see the default model. I’m assuming character models would just be different models that don’t alter character traits.

If you don’t know what I’m talking about watch this. You’ll see that opponents are displayed as the “default” character model (default being green keel), but teammates display their true ones.

i like the idae thick about this what carrtor you chose determin what wepon you spawn with

spartan AR and BR

ODST slinced SMG and MAGNUM

elites plasma rifle and carbine

brutes spikers and plasma pistole

This just seems unnecessary to me. We already have the ODST helmet and chest we dont need anything else.

<4 <343

> i like the idae thick about this what carrtor you chose determin what wepon you spawn with
>
> spartan AR and BR
>
> ODST slinced SMG and MAGNUM
>
> elites plasma rifle and carbine
>
> brutes spikers and plasma pistole

Everyone would obviously always play the Spartan then as the BR is the game’s best weapon.

ODST specific playlists would be a nice change of pace.

> > i like the idae thick about this what carrtor you chose determin what wepon you spawn with
> >
> > spartan AR and BR
> >
> > ODST slinced SMG and MAGNUM
> >
> > elites plasma rifle and carbine
> >
> > brutes spikers and plasma pistole
>
> Everyone would obviously always play the Spartan then as the BR is the game’s best weapon.

i would use odst and the br= to carbine