HLG Map-Breaking Hiding Spot Found- Must Fix!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmRgsuCC0Kw

343i, please patch this before it gets out of control.

EDIT:

They are currently working on a fix.

> We’re aware and working on a fix.
>
> -David Ellis
>
> ----
>
> Thank god.

bump for justice

Wow, please patch this 343i. I could see someone abusing this very heavily with a DMR and Sniper.

Good find OP.

Losers are already doing this? Pathetic

oh wow 343i, how the hell did you manage to leave such a gaping hole in the map?

> Losers are already doing this? Pathetic

Seriously. They get the game early and the only thing they care about is finding hiding spots. Sad…

BUMP FOR JUSTICE

> oh wow 343i, how the hell did you manage to leave such a gaping hole in the map?

-Yoink- happens, that’s how. If this is the only wall glitch we see I think we can consider this the single most successful game in the last 5 years in the way of bug checking.

Another Bump for getting this patched. HLG is such a nuisance in Halo.

second bump for justice, on another note, how do I add a +1 to this that is visible on the forum post’s list?

> BUMP FOR JUSTICE
>
>
>
> > oh wow 343i, how the hell did you manage to leave such a gaping hole in the map?
>
> Yoink! happens, that’s how. If this is the only wall glitch we see I think we can consider this the single most successful game in the last 5 years in the way of bug checking.

yes but you would think when re-texturinng valhalla they would have made sure to give the new polygons physical properties … you know… so crap like this doesn’t happen.

Holy hidey holes! A patch is definitely in line!

> Another Bump for getting this patched. HLG is such a nuisance in Halo.

It’s a joke. And nobody thinks it’s cool

> second bump for justice, on another note, how do I add a +1 to this that is visible on the forum post’s list?

Favourite it.

> > BUMP FOR JUSTICE
> >
> >
> >
> > > oh wow 343i, how the hell did you manage to leave such a gaping hole in the map?
> >
> > Yoink! happens, that’s how. If this is the only wall glitch we see I think we can consider this the single most successful game in the last 5 years in the way of bug checking.
>
> yes but you would think when re-texturinng valhalla they would have made sure to give the new polygons physical properties … you know… so crap like this doesn’t happen.

Its not a re-texuring as in they are just laying graphics over. they may have just copied the entire layout but its a whole new engine and the code starts from scratch. It’s not like they put a visible coat of texture over the old map…

I love to HLG, but this is wrong. This breaking the map, not using the map.

Someone should send this to bs angel.

> > > BUMP FOR JUSTICE
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > oh wow 343i, how the hell did you manage to leave such a gaping hole in the map?
> > >
> > > Yoink! happens, that’s how. If this is the only wall glitch we see I think we can consider this the single most successful game in the last 5 years in the way of bug checking.
> >
> > yes but you would think when re-texturinng valhalla they would have made sure to give the new polygons physical properties … you know… so crap like this doesn’t happen.
>
> Its not a re-texuring as in they are just laying graphics over. they may have just copied the entire layout but its a whole new engine and the code starts from scratch. It’s not like they put a visible coat of texture over the old map…

when they got out you can see some of the old textures underneath.

A true HLG would never share his hiding spots! This is heresy to the order! -goes into hiding-

Maybe you should change the title to something a little more ‘attention demanding’.

as much as a I hate HLG, (which is beyond my imagination how they think its fun)
Im glad they are putting this vids out so that

1. i know where to look when it happens
  2. i know how to kill them when they get there
  3. 343 can patch it

also dont forget Promethean vision pretty much makes hiding a non-issue for standard hiding spots

Also I dont understand how map makers dont just put kill volumes on the outside of their maps… just kill the -Yoink- before he tries to get out.
here is a vid of their full spots available
ARM YOURSELVES WITH KNOWLEDGE