Hit Markers? Is this COD or Halo?

Hello. It appears that sprint is staying in Halo.

I will probably not play the game if it has sprint but I am not here to debate that!

What I am here to say is that Hit Markers are a blatant copy from Call of Duty, and they are one of the cheapest and most degenerate features to be copied from COD during the 2010-2015 game development era.

I propose that we, at the very least, reconsider their merit.

Really a very good inclusion, it is elegant, and in a way, it helps to distinguish a missed shot, or when it is hit, (it applies the same to a grenade, and to explorations)
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, on the body, one on the head.
How do you know if you try to shoot with a pistol or another weapon at 50,100 meters or much more?
I really am one of the few players who play Halo without volume or just 2%, because it bothers my parents (family console, It is in the room)
I generally don’t use headphones because Halo was characterized by that. On a radar, imagine on xbox 1, 360, where you don’t even know where to put your headphones.
This is just one more inclusion to improve the experience.
Anyway, would it be like arguing why Halo has radar? if in another universe or line of time, etc. all Halo never had radar.

PS: I think that in grenades or splash weapons, it should be eliminated, since if for a reason it hits where you believed or not the enemy was.
He is dead, for the reason of giving more information than is available on his screen.
It is annoying that you try to recover, but a grenade for some reason gives you, you are history in your streak.

Hit markers are (or some other form of hit confirmation) in many games today other than CoD. It’s a Feature that’s beneficial. Theres nothing wrong with them, its an X appearance around your crosshairs, not a game breaking feature.

Heck, you might even be able to turn them off in settings.

[deleted]

I see no issue with them. I like to know I’m hitting something, though I do think they should be removed from splash damage in multiplayer.

Halo doesn’t need hit markers because your shields light up when shot. So we already had a mechanic that preformed this function, but I don’t think hitmarkers are even that big of a deal. It’s not like they change the way the game is played or anything.

> 2535461453932194;2:
> not only because call of duty has them, does not mean that it is copying it,
> Really a very good inclusion, it is elegant, and in a way helps to distinguish a missed shot or when given.
> 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, on the chest, one on the head.

That’s exactly why it’s bad. If you can’t count your shots. If you don’t know where your shots are going then you aren’t good at shooting . It’s help. It’s there to assist you when it shouldnt

I mean honestly I don’t really see the what is gained or lost by having it in, you always had a visual indicator with the armor lighting up when u shot it.

This just seems really picky tbh and not really something that is worth discussing at the time

> 2535419739414165;4:
> I think the hit markers could be awesome if implemented right! I’ve found them very satisfying in other games.

Do you know why its satisfying? It’s because it’s an addiction tatic to get you addicted to the game. Think of real life. There is no hit markers. Where did hit markers come from? It was invented for mind control and you played right into it

> 2535431951485053;8:
> I mean honestly I don’t really see the what is gained or lost by having it in, you always had a visual indicator with the armor lighting up when u shot it.
>
> This just seems really picky tbh and not really something that is worth discussing at the time

> 2533274964025169;5:
> I see no issue with them. I like to know I’m hitting something, though I do think they should be removed from splash damage in multiplayer.

You like to know when your hitting a shot because you don’t take the time to practice to know when without hitmarkers . That’s why hitmarkers exsist so it can get you addicted to the game. Cod does this. Take a look at all the sounds in warzone . Thevisuals . Everything is desinged for you to keep coming back and it’s disgusting

> 2535415928232400;1:
> Hello. It appears that sprint is staying in Halo.
>
> I will probably not play the game if it has sprint but I am not here to debate that!
>
> What I am here to say is that Hit Markers are a blatant copy from Call of Duty, and they are one of the cheapest and most degenerate features to be copied from COD during the 2010-2015 game development era.
>
> I propose that we, at the very least, reconsider their merit.

At this stage its hard to take anything else you say seriously. This isn’t a copy of COD if you think it is I suggest you go and play COD and figure out its not the only game with a hit registration.

I like the hit markers, maybe could have not done it campaign. It is like the cherry on top when you kill something. Look Im all up for people to say they dont like sprint, critcism is critcism, but you sound like one of those disgruntled customers that come into the grocery store just to say they won’t shop there.

DeadCassette: You are saying that halo is very addictive, and this causes violent acts?

> 2533274791984947;3:
> Hit markers are (or some other form of hit confirmation) in many games today other than CoD. It’s a Feature that’s beneficial. Theres nothing wrong with them, its an X appearance around your crosshairs, not a game breaking feature.
>
> Heck, you might even be able to turn them off in settings.

I would argue that it’s less beneficial because you should use your environment and not rely on the hitmarkers to determine if you’ve hit someone. The environment, as well as other cues, can be used to determine whether you’ve hit your enemy. Blood splatter, as well as particle effects, can be used and can be substantially more effective than hit markers.

The hit markers in this demo are just plain irritating, especially with automatics.

> 2535415928232400;1:
> Hello. It appears that sprint is staying in Halo.
>
> I will probably not play the game if it has sprint but I am not here to debate that!
>
> What I am here to say is that Hit Markers are a blatant copy from Call of Duty, and they are one of the cheapest and most degenerate features to be copied from COD during the 2010-2015 game development era.
>
> I propose that we, at the very least, reconsider their merit.

Agree completely. Image is a large part of the game, and what kind of game are they trying to sell if they make it look like call of destiny 2 modern fortnite?

Hey look! Another one of these threads :smiley:

We’ve already had hit markers in Halo 5 anyway for the past 5 years. Besides that, I actually prefer them to be in at least as a toggleable option, as if I’m firing off shots from far away or just as I’m going around a corner it’s a useful way to know whether what I was shooting as is still a threat or not. In fact, during my recent H5 Legendary run I had several moments where the hitmarker was able to confirm that I was safe and good to recharge my shields behind cover without fearing a Plasma Grenade landing next to my feet.

> 2533274816735326;10:
> > 2535431951485053;8:
> > I mean honestly I don’t really see the what is gained or lost by having it in, you always had a visual indicator with the armor lighting up when u shot it.
> >
> > This just seems really picky tbh and not really something that is worth discussing at the time
>
>
>
> > 2533274964025169;5:
> > I see no issue with them. I like to know I’m hitting something, though I do think they should be removed from splash damage in multiplayer.
>
> You like to know when your hitting a shot because you don’t take the time to practice to know when without hitmarkers . That’s why hitmarkers exsist so it can get you addicted to the game. Cod does this. Take a look at all the sounds in warzone . Thevisuals . Everything is desinged for you to keep coming back and it’s disgusting

Yeah I don’t take the time to practice because the games with hit markers somehow don’t have me hooked despite me liking hit markers. I can jump into a game after not playing for a while and just have fun without worrying about being “out of practice” and not being sweaty enough.

Yes, games deliver dopamine. Welcome to games. Try not to get addicted to them. Self control helps a lot.

I should boycott Infinite but I like halo too much. I wish it didn’t have sprint either.
As for hit markers I would like the ability to turn them off. I actually like them in multiplayer but would prefer them not tobe their for campaign

Hitmarkers serve literally no purpose in Halo. Everything you need to know about whether or not you hit or killed your target should come via a combination of shield flares, blood shots, animations and killfeed/medals in multiplayer.

If a Halo game “needs” hitmarkers it is because the developers can’t do their jobs properly.