Hit markers don’t belong in Halo

I can’t be the only one to make this case right? Hit markers not only make the screen too busy and distract you from animations but also completely changes the way the game is played. I wish they would remove that feature.

You’re not alone. I personally don’t like hit markers in general and usually turn them of if it’s an option, unless it’s the only way to tell if you’re hitting a target; a game that comes to mind is Battlefield 4. I think visual and audible feedback is much better and immersive. So far the visual feedback of shots landing in Infinite looks great, hopefully they’ll let us turn hit markers off.

I think they should completely remove them from nades but make them an option for guns.

Totally agree. You shouldn’t be able to tell if your grenades hit behind a wall.

yeah i dont care for hitmarkers as well if anything make it an option. But personally rather not see it at all in game

> 2533274816364998;1:
> I can’t be the only one to make this case right? Hit markers not only make the screen too busy and distract you from animations but also completely changes the way the game is played. I wish they would remove that feature.

I disagree, I think sometimes shield flares arent at all helpful in discerning that you’ve actually dealt damage.

If you’ve ever played Halo CE or 2 you know exactly what im talking about. Shield flares back then were useless and dont bother pretending otherwise.

I’ll take a hitmarker over just a shield flare and the idea that I probably hit them. Hitmarkers are actually useful and serve a function. In fact I found kill hitmarkers and headshot hitmarkers especially useful.

I dont see what all the fuss is about, though. They’re just a tool like any other. They wont make Halo less Halo-like and I dont know why people are so bloody worried about that.

Edit: grenade hitmarkers suck but others are fine.

Halo has always had an alternative to hitmarkers and that is your shields. When u hit someone their Shield will react and eventually u will know when u break it. However my girlfriend brings the point that it is more confusing to know when u hit someone when their shields are down. So maybe if hit markers just appear when the shields are down and your in the final stretch of a kill. But I agree that halo doesn’t necessarily need hitmarkers.

I don’t really mind if they exist for weapons but I have a problem with them existing for grenades.

Yeah they’ve always bugged me to be honest. Not a big thing but still annoying.

I don’t mind hit markers for guns - I guess I’m now used to them in other games.

That said, it’s probably best if hit markers for grenades are removed

Never liked them in any games personally they ruin the immersion with those markers and even worse when it makes a sound, i like the older halo games more for this just having an organic in game reaction to you hitting your targets like shields flaring and breaking i’m of opinion that the game shouldn’t hold your hand with everything and let experience and playtime be the deciding factor in seeing if you hit your target not some immersion breaking marker.

It is a bit uncreative nowadays. In previous games (to the best of my recollection) your ‘hit marker’ was shield flicker or player flinching. I find this a better mechanism than having ticks flair my screen. The whole concept of hit markers is a bit unrealistic to begin with. The uncertainty of the shots or grenade throws forces the player to analyze the situation and change strategies accordingly. I find this makes the game more enjoyable when I have to concentrate more on my performance than relying on this sort of sensor.

Yes! I didn’t care for hit markers at All! But my honest opinion if it’s gonna be in any game at least give us the option to Turn Off or On and I’ll be happy with that.

I honestly don’t mind the hit markers on weapons, it’s the grenades that are super annoying. It makes it too easy to tell where someone is around a corner or behind cover.

> 2533274793470740;13:
> Yes! I didn’t care for hit markers at All! But my honest opinion if it’s gonna be in any game at least give us the option to Turn Off or On and I’ll be happy with that.

Personally I could do with or without them, so this would be a nice option to have.