Hit detection and spawns

Is anyone else having instances where one match all their shots seem to register, then the next they get melted before they can even react? I’m also running into insurances where I literally take two steps after spawning and I’m already getting shot.

1 Like

yeah, but the more I play the more it seems connection plays a big part. There is option to see the latency you are getting on your hud. Usually in games when my latency exceeds 90 I do mabey double digit kills. Then games where my latency is at 60ish, I get a much higher score.

1 Like

It’s probably less about latency and more about the absolute randomness that is the AR and Sidekick. The AR has been improved from prior titles but is still at its core a spray and pray weapon. The Sidekick is baffling, because the best way to use it is to spam it as fast as you possibly can within red reticle range and hope you get the headshot in the process, so that’s what everyone does. Every single game devolves into me being livid at the gunplay.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with you at all of the inconsistency. I find that some games I am shooting normal rounds, and others it feels like I loaded my gun with nerf darts prior to getting into a fight. I am just pointing out that for the games I have played so far, my situation reflecting the score board along with the latency.

2 Likes

I definitely am getting some of both issues. I hope that’s just because this is still a beta, but it seems like there’s still some Desync issues where people, on my screen at least, are missing me or not even shooting me and then all of a sudden, I’m dead. Pretty frustrating, and I hope they’re addressing it.

As far as spawning, i do get some of the same, thought unfortunately that’s just kind of how it is on some maps. There’s not as much room as it sometimes feels like there is, and so either the map would be way too big and lanky, or you’re gonna get shot at when you spawn sometimes. I’d like a 1 second invulnerability on spawn personally, but I don’t think there’s much 343 can do about it aside from that,

1 Like

Spawned into gunfire in one of my games on Street. So yeah, spawns could do with some tweaking.

1 Like

I’m glad it’s not just me. Damage just seems so inconsistent and frustrating. I am shocked how many times I’ve emptied entire clips at people and not killed them. That’s never happened to me before in previous Halo games.

1 Like

I’ve noticed I am getting killed in one or 2 br bursts so I’m figuring I’m not seeing what’s actually happening in game. Gears 5 had this issue and its hard to deal with.

1 Like

im giving up on this … this is just a joke…
and if you notice youtube reviewers no one is talking about this only in forums…
this is a middle finger to pc users if you ask me… this only happened because they dont give a damn about pcs… nothig worse than hearing a controller player tell u there is no aim assist… grow up

just a waste of the few precious hours i have to game.

Ya it’s awful. Spawning and not being able to orient yourself without a grenade between your ankles or vice versa, you spawn and get a free no skill kill because they didn’t know you’d spawn behind them. Takes the fun out of the game.

1 Like

I’m noticing a lot of cracks in the game, primarily with hit detection, melee lunge not working and nade issues

My man what? This is Halo, not Valorant or CS go. Alot People play Halo on controller. What did you think would happen when high amounts of people are talking about the aim assist?

1 Like