Highly Disappointed Child For Christmas...

My son came to me over a month ago telling me he wanted Halo 5 for Christmas so him and I could play the multiplayer campaign. For Christmas, when he opened this gift he was extremely excited and grateful. My first complaint comes with the fact Xbox requires you to download games to the hard drive which cost him six hours before we could even load the game up. No system before has required you to completely down a game, why would the newest and most modern system require it? My next, and biggest complaint came when we started the game and was unable to play multiplayer split screen campaign. To the higher powers at Microsoft; this may not matter but to a father who is having to watch a disappointed son realize one of the things he wanted most for Christmas, he would not get because of greedy executives who found a way to squeeze another dollar from the working man. Shame on you, but more specifically know today you have lost a customer who has supported Xbox over Playstation since the original Xbox was introduced. It has been a great joy in my life, and my son’s to sit beside each other and play the Halo games together at nights when there was nothing else left to do. You have taken that from my son because your greed and lust for fortune, clouded what was simply decent. Please know, I will soon be selling my Xbox One along with all the games and accessories and switching to a Playstation. A game play feature as simple as multiplayer campaign should not be removed. I have read you claim it is due to technology advancements but I believe you have failed to realize the fun and enjoyment two people can find in a game is why they spend hard earned money on such. If this was not the case, why is the Retro Nintendo so hard to find at the moment. Though this will fall on deaf ears, and no one will care or notice XBox has lost a customer over this issue, I feel it is my right as an American to express my disappointment and anger for what is proving to be a money scheme in my eyes. Thank you Xbox, for turning me into a Playstation fan.

I’m not entirely sure I believe this story. It does remind me of stuff other people have posted. And even if it were a true story; research what you buy. But I don’t think I believe it.

> 2533275020428433;1:
> My son came to me over a month ago telling me he wanted Halo 5 for Christmas so him and I could play the multiplayer campaign. For Christmas, when he opened this gift he was extremely excited and grateful. My first complaint comes with the fact Xbox requires you to download games to the hard drive which cost him six hours before we could even load the game up. No system before has required you to completely down a game, why would the newest and most modern system require it? My next, and biggest complaint came when we started the game and was unable to play multiplayer split screen campaign. To the higher powers at Microsoft; this may not matter but to a father who is having to watch a disappointed son realize one of the things he wanted most for Christmas, he would not get because of greedy executives who found a way to squeeze another dollar from the working man. Shame on you, but more specifically know today you have lost a customer who has supported Xbox over Playstation since the original Xbox was introduced. It has been a great joy in my life, and my son’s to sit beside each other and play the Halo games together at nights when there was nothing else left to do. You have taken that from my son because your greed and lust for fortune, clouded what was simply decent. Please know, I will soon be selling my Xbox One along with all the games and accessories and switching to a Playstation. A game play feature as simple as multiplayer campaign should not be removed. I have read you claim it is due to technology advancements but I believe you have failed to realize the fun and enjoyment two people can find in a game is why they spend hard earned money on such. If this was not the case, why is the Retro Nintendo so hard to find at the moment. Though this will fall on deaf ears, and no one will care or notice XBox has lost a customer over this issue, I feel it is my right as an American to express my disappointment and anger for what is proving to be a money scheme in my eyes. Thank you Xbox, for turning me into a Playstation fan.

For the installing a game portion both new consoles do that now. It’s actually beneficial it acts as another safety measure for say if your son breaks the fisky accident and the cloud servers messed up for whatever reason your save/purchase of the game will be saved.
For the no split screen to be fair doing that didn’t squeeze a dollar out of anybody and they did pubically announce that there will be no split screen. It’s unfortunate you and your son didn’t know that but in hind sight they did do everything in there power to let people know. You just didn’t come by that information unfortunately.

> 2533275020428433;1:
> My son came to me over a month ago telling me he wanted Halo 5 for Christmas so him and I could play the multiplayer campaign. For Christmas, when he opened this gift he was extremely excited and grateful. My first complaint comes with the fact Xbox requires you to download games to the hard drive which cost him six hours before we could even load the game up. No system before has required you to completely down a game, why would the newest and most modern system require it? My next, and biggest complaint came when we started the game and was unable to play multiplayer split screen campaign. To the higher powers at Microsoft; this may not matter but to a father who is having to watch a disappointed son realize one of the things he wanted most for Christmas, he would not get because of greedy executives who found a way to squeeze another dollar from the working man. Shame on you, but more specifically know today you have lost a customer who has supported Xbox over Playstation since the original Xbox was introduced. It has been a great joy in my life, and my son’s to sit beside each other and play the Halo games together at nights when there was nothing else left to do. You have taken that from my son because your greed and lust for fortune, clouded what was simply decent. Please know, I will soon be selling my Xbox One along with all the games and accessories and switching to a Playstation. A game play feature as simple as multiplayer campaign should not be removed. I have read you claim it is due to technology advancements but I believe you have failed to realize the fun and enjoyment two people can find in a game is why they spend hard earned money on such. If this was not the case, why is the Retro Nintendo so hard to find at the moment. Though this will fall on deaf ears, and no one will care or notice XBox has lost a customer over this issue, I feel it is my right as an American to express my disappointment and anger for what is proving to be a money scheme in my eyes. Thank you Xbox, for turning me into a Playstation fan.

The Xbox One has been out since 2013 and Halo 5 has been out for over a year.

You’re telling me neither of you have done the slightest bit of research about something you’re giving money to?

And since you said you bought him Halo 5 and not an entirely new Xbox, on top of the fact you said you already own “games and accessories”, one of you should have known that you have to download games to the hard drive already.

You’re an uninformed buyer. And before you go out and buy a Playstation 4 in “protest”, it also requires you to download entire games to the hard drive.

> 2533275020428433;1:
> My son came to me over a month ago telling me he wanted Halo 5 for Christmas so him and I could play the multiplayer campaign. For Christmas, when he opened this gift he was extremely excited and grateful. My first complaint comes with the fact Xbox requires you to download games to the hard drive which cost him six hours before we could even load the game up. No system before has required you to completely down a game, why would the newest and most modern system require it? My next, and biggest complaint came when we started the game and was unable to play multiplayer split screen campaign. To the higher powers at Microsoft; this may not matter but to a father who is having to watch a disappointed son realize one of the things he wanted most for Christmas, he would not get because of greedy executives who found a way to squeeze another dollar from the working man. Shame on you, but more specifically know today you have lost a customer who has supported Xbox over Playstation since the original Xbox was introduced. It has been a great joy in my life, and my son’s to sit beside each other and play the Halo games together at nights when there was nothing else left to do. You have taken that from my son because your greed and lust for fortune, clouded what was simply decent. Please know, I will soon be selling my Xbox One along with all the games and accessories and switching to a Playstation. A game play feature as simple as multiplayer campaign should not be removed. I have read you claim it is due to technology advancements but I believe you have failed to realize the fun and enjoyment two people can find in a game is why they spend hard earned money on such. If this was not the case, why is the Retro Nintendo so hard to find at the moment. Though this will fall on deaf ears, and no one will care or notice XBox has lost a customer over this issue, I feel it is my right as an American to express my disappointment and anger for what is proving to be a money scheme in my eyes. Thank you Xbox, for turning me into a Playstation fan.

Another thing is Xbox Had nothing to do with the campaign that was all 343 too :confused: seriously you should research your stuff before you rant like an idiot. I do believe halo 6 will have split screen though since almost everyone hated the h5 campaign( that is speculation there is no evidence for that)

We are probably going to get a lot of this “no spilt screen” threads even though the game has been out for over a year and was even known before the game released. I can seen why some would assume this as every Halo game has had it. People need to read the box or screen before buying games.

I can’t say I believe this at all…

But if it’s true

You really need to do your research before you purchase anything…

You’re a little late to the party man.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Wow this board is just fan bois isn’t it

I dont believe you.
It just sound to copied.
Also is it already Christmas in USA?
Do you guy celeberate on the 23?
Ive looked at the time zones but it doesnt make sense.

Like a few other people have said, I don’t believe that your story is true for several reasons:

  • I swear I’ve heard this story before (not talking about the thousands of Split-Screen threads). - You’re celebrating Christmas 2 days early. - Halo 5 came out a year and two months ago, so you’re very late. - You’re a big Halo fan but you haven’t heard that Halo 5 doesn’t have Split-Screen? This is arguably the biggest complaint the Halo Community has ever had and you haven’t heard of it until now… - You’re selling your Xbox One and all of its game only because Halo 5 doesn’t have Split-Screen!? Either you’re irrational or you’re lying. - You almost sound like you’re trolling because you’re trying to make Microsoft feel bad for you because you’re with PlayStation now…?

Like everyone else, you ALWAYS research what you buy, especially if it’s hundreds of dollars (Xbox + Halo 5), like c’mon! There is a way to still play with him, you just have to take the expensive route and purchase another Xbox and Halo 5 like my brother did. I’m sorry for your underwhelming experience, but if I were you I’d get a Nintendo console over a Playstation, bud.

Guys, who cares if it is fake. He definitly should have researched it, but there should be no excuse as to why we cant have split screen. I’m honestly surprised that no one is siding with this guy, especially considering that this is a huge issue for thousands of people. Don’t forget your roots, Halo thrived on split screen.

> 2535408730995228;9:
> I dont believe you.
> It just sound to copied.
> Also is it already Christmas in USA?
> Do you guy celeberate on the 23?
> Ive looked at the time zones but it doesnt make sense.

They celebrate on the 25th. Not the 23rd. I’ve never heard of that before.

> 2535408730995228;9:
> I dont believe you.
> It just sound to copied.
> Also is it already Christmas in USA?
> Do you guy celeberate on the 23?
> Ive looked at the time zones but it doesnt make sense.

Unless someone decided to screw with the calendar this year, we don’t celebrate Christmas on the 23rd in the US. 25th like everyone else.

To be fair, Halo 5 has been out for over a year. They even advertised the game wouldn’t come with split-screen, as well the huge download.

It’s standard now for games to be so huge in bytes, that it shouldn’t come as a surprise.

If anything, you should also just stop and just ask yourself ‘‘What if i had just checked up on this?’’

Since you’re leaving tho, i will tell you: This does fall on mostly deaf ears. You’re leaving on a note (complaint really) where you adress ‘‘faults’’ that you could’ve avoided, had you just looked for 5min on the internet. It’s too shallow to make a difference.

I hope you’ll find satisfaction over at the Playstation side of gaming :slight_smile:

Happy holidays!

> 2533274970658419;12:
> Guys, who cares if it is fake. He definitly should have researched it, but there should be no excuse as to why we cant have split screen. I’m honestly surprised that no one is siding with this guy, especially considering that this is a huge issue for thousands of people. Don’t forget your roots, Halo thrived on split screen.

It is a huge issue for thousands of Halo fans, but I know that some people have either:
A) Let it go.
B) Have been convinced that since 343i does listen to the Community, that we will get Split-Screen in Halo 6.
or
C) Don’t really care because it doesn’t affect them.

> 2535437652903765;14:
> > 2535408730995228;9:
> > I dont believe you.
> > It just sound to copied.
> > Also is it already Christmas in USA?
> > Do you guy celeberate on the 23?
> > Ive looked at the time zones but it doesnt make sense.
>
> Unless someone decided to screw with the calendar this year, we don’t celebrate Christmas on the 23rd in the US. 25th like everyone else.

Haha like people wait for Christmas any more. Most open at least one present early.

> 2535429585915411;16:
> > 2533274970658419;12:
> > Guys, who cares if it is fake. He definitly should have researched it, but there should be no excuse as to why we cant have split screen. I’m honestly surprised that no one is siding with this guy, especially considering that this is a huge issue for thousands of people. Don’t forget your roots, Halo thrived on split screen.
>
> It is a huge issue for thousands of Halo fans, but I know that some people have either:
> A) Let it go.
> B) Have been convinced that since 343i does listen to the Community, that we will get Split-Screen in Halo 6.
> or
> C) Don’t really care because it doesn’t affect them.

A) THIS is a problem. The halo community either forgets too easily, or this sub is only populated with new players. If we forget, they know we won’t care if they do it again.
B) They listened a year after realize. This is Stockholm syndrome.
C) I don’t care about split screen either, but why would I not want people to enjoy playing with friends? If it’s been done in the past, if it’s still being done now, then there should be absolutely no reason why anyone would not speak out about it.

> 2535429585915411;16:
> > 2533274970658419;12:
> > Guys, who cares if it is fake. He definitly should have researched it, but there should be no excuse as to why we cant have split screen. I’m honestly surprised that no one is siding with this guy, especially considering that this is a huge issue for thousands of people. Don’t forget your roots, Halo thrived on split screen.
>
> It is a huge issue for thousands of Halo fans, but I know that some people have either:
> A) Let it go.
> B) Have been convinced that since 343i does listen to the Community, that we will get Split-Screen in Halo 6.
> or
> C) Don’t really care because it doesn’t affect them.

Yes H5 should have split screen and I would probably take some pity on them had the game just released but the game is over a year old already and as much as people complained majority should know about it’s. Especially to some one who claims to have been a fan since the start.

> 2533274807732119;8:
> Wow this board is just fan bois isn’t it

Nope, just people who know what they’re talking about.