Higher quit percentages should mean lower weightings in host selection

We experience a “black screen” when the host quits, A good way to attempt to fix this would be by giving the people who quit alot a lower chance of getting the game host. The way this could be done

Everyone in a game of slayer has there weighting based of the percentage of games quit. The person with the highest weighting would be the one who quits least. The game would check each person for a suitable host starting with the highest rating then moving downwards.

While this isn’t foolproof, it would go a good way stopping those continuous black screens.

I agree. However, just because the game goes blackscreen when someone quits doesn’t always mean they were host (though they usually were).

While this would be good in an ideal world… this is the spoiled children of the Halo community we’re talking about here. The same community of griefers who ruin other player’s experiences, use aim bots on hacked xboxes, and use bots to ping other players to host boot them or make them drop out of a game.

I’m afraid all this would do is encourage them to host boot other players even more frequently.

With this, I’d pull host a whole lot. I never quit.

No one should ever play on my host.

> With this, I’d pull host a whole lot. I never quit.
>
>
> No one should ever play on my host.

le and selecting him/her as host, or if they would be a bad host like you then go onto the next person. The person who quits most could still get host, all it means is that will be checked to see if they are suitable for host last.

Good idea, I had never thought of it.

> While this would be good in an ideal world… this is the spoiled children of the Halo community we’re talking about here. The same community of griefers who ruin other player’s experiences, use aim bots on hacked xboxes, and use bots to ping other players to host boot them or make them drop out of a game.
>
> I’m afraid all this would do is encourage them to host boot other players even more frequently.

How would this encourage host booting? Doesn’t make any sense.