High Speed Time Trials - Super Circuit

Race and compete for best lap times in my third circuit of Halo: Reach; the Super Circuit. This event begins on February 1, 2013 and ends on March 25, 2013 @ 11:59:59PM PDT.

Official Rules

1. Download all the maps in the File Share of HiSpdTimeTrials.

2. You must use the High Speed Time Trials gametype published on August 25, 2012 • 10:59:59 PDT.

3. Submit a film clip of your best lap time to oObeX in this thread, or via PM, or via Xbox Live. Upload your film clip to your File Share, and notify oObeX of your Gamertag when you have a new best lap time.

Make sure you have at least 10 seconds before and after your best lap. You must be the original author of the film clip. Also, you must race in local mode (solo) for your results to be eligible for this contest.

4. Racers must have registered a lap time for all 5 Race maps to be eligible to win any prizes. The Grand Prize of 12 Months of Xbox Live Gold Membership will be awarded to the best racer in the Super Circuit with the fastest best lap times in total.

5. You can submit an unlimited number of film clips to oObeX to improve your best lap times. oObeX will be able to determine your lap time to the exact 1/100th second using an Ultrak 360 Sport Stopwatch.

oObeX will start and stop lap times when the player’s body has crossed the start and finish line. oObeX will need to verify and confirm the exact time for each racer’s best lap time by calculating an “average” from 6 tests. Lap times in-game and “in real life” are different because the timer has some flaws in the Race gametype for Halo: Reach, so I’m using a professional sport stopwatch to record an exact time.

6. Racers must not be “on foot for too long” in-game. If you receive this message during a lap, the lap time will be disqualified. Racers must also not drive off-course. In other words, stay on track.

7. The Gamertag of each racer will be registered in the list of best lap times, and you will be contacted by oObeX to know what lap time you got.

8. Your best lap times must be no longer than 120 seconds, according to the in-game lap timer.

IF YOU SUBMIT A LAP TIME WHICH EXCEEDS 120 SECONDS IN-GAME, IT WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. IF YOU SUBMIT 3 FILM CLIPS WITH LAP TIMES WHICH EXCEED 120 SECONDS IN-GAME, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SUBMIT ANYMORE LAP TIMES FOR THE SUPER CIRCUIT. FURTHERMORE, IF YOU SUBMIT 3 FILM CLIPS WHICH ARE DEEMED INELIGIBLE ACCORDING TO THE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SUBMIT ANYMORE LAP TIMES FOR THE SUPER CIRCUIT.

9. oObeX is only eligible to recieve the Grand Prize if no racer is able to earn a faster lap time than oObeX on any of the 5 racetracks.

10. “High Speed Time Trials” is presented by oObeX in collaboration with racers, forgers, and administrators of GrifballHub and HaloTracks.org.

Prizes

Grand Prize:
12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership, awarded to the best racer in the Super Circuit.

HaloUnity Award: Click Here
Racers must have registered a lap time for all 5 Race maps to be eligible to earn the “High Speed Time Trials Super Circuit Participant Award” worth 250 EXP and 1000 Credits!

HT Points (Total: 250):
For more info on HT Points, become a member of HaloTracks.org and view the contest thread.

Super Circuit

Anaheim SX • April 27, 2011 • 18:05:07 PDT
8 Checkpoints. Approximately 2.8 Km.
Author: purpledinosaur0

Best Lap Times:
1. oObeX - 41.71s
2. Hatter is Mad - 42.75s
3. llehctim4 - 43.41s
4. King Edward I - 43.65s
5. LovableLambchop - 44.05s

Blackwater MX • August 10, 2011 • 00:56:51 PDT
12 Checkpoints. Approximately 3.8 Km.
Author: v Ionized

Best Lap Times:
1. oObeX - 53.20s
2. King Edward I - 53.43s
3. Hatter is Mad - 53.68s
4. llehctim4 - 53.75s
5. LovableLambchop - 55.31s
6. Rey108 - 55.99s

Race on the beach (Remix) • December 19, 2012 • 17:15:00 PDT
8 Checkpoints. Approximately 5.4 Km.
Author: germanicus1994, and oObeX

Best Lap Times:
1. oObeX - 68.44s
2. Hatter is Mad - 70.63s
3. King Edward I - 70.95s
4. llehctim4 - 74.87s

TripreignZ SX • September 27, 2012 • 19:43:09 PDT
10 Checkpoints. Approximately 3.6 Km.
Author: Tripmine413, and XreignZ

Best Lap Times:
1. oObeX - 53.56s
2. llehctim4 - 53.63s
3. King Edward I - 54.09s
4. Rey108 - 54.26s
5. Hatter is Mad - 54.81s

Archangel MX (Reborn) • January 21, 2013 • 19:38:43 PDT
14 Checkpoints. Approximately 5.3 Km.
Author: Jeffh3962, and oObeX

Best Lap Times:
1. oObeX - 77.59s
2. Hatter is Mad - 79.85s
3. King Edward I - 80.77s
4. llehctim4 - 81.48s

Total Time

1. oObeX - 294.50s
2. Hatter is Mad - 301.72s
3. King Edward I - 302.89s
4. llehctim4 - 307.14s

Race on the beach (Remix) and Archangel MX (Reborn) were edited by me with permission from the original authors. Most changes to the map are related to aesthetics only. Both maps still have similar paths and jumps compared to the original versions.

Btw, I’m using a stopwatch so there will be a difference between Halo Reach’s lap timer and real-time, especially for the longer tracks.

Also, below are 2 Youtube videos from my previous racing contests as an example of what to expect. I plan on making a shorter and fancier video this time around…

High Speed Time Trials #1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDuuwYWqb44

High Speed Time Trials #2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4w04QlXjQY

10+ new lap times added.

A few lap times were added. This time trial racing contest ends March 25th.
Race for a chance to win 12 months of Xbox Live!

I should probably post what my lap times were in-game, for reference on the time difference between in-game timer and real-time…

Anaheim SX: 40s in-game
Blackwater MX: 51s in-game
Race on the beach (Remix): 65s in-game
TripreignZ SX: mid-late 51s in-game
Archangel MX: 74s in-game

Basically, the more that time passes, the greater the in-game timer becomes inaccurate.

*My lap times on TripreignZ SX and Blackwater MX would be the easiest to beat imo.
I didn’t do too good on those ones.

New lap times added.

2hrs 15mins remaining.

I’m happy to announce this racing contest has officially closed.
Thank you to all participants.