High Charity vs the Citadel

I’m talking about an all out battle between the defense fleets of Halo’s High Charity and Mass Effect’s Citadel. In a horrible mistake in calculations a Slipspace jump throws High Charity and its entire defense fleet into the Mass Effect universe. They land near to the Citadel and discover hundreds of human life signs and a massive fleet of unknown ships filled with unknown aliens.

Seeing them as an immediate threat the Prophet of Truth orders the fleet to engage the Citadel Defense Fleet and has every available drop ship send down thousands of ground troops and vehicles onto the Wards and Presidium of the Citadel. Meanwhile the fleets battle each other in an epic space battle.

Ground forces are commanded personally by Thel Vadam while space forces are commanded by the Prophet of Truth and Tartarus.

Could the Covenant conquer the Citadel? Or would the Citadel forces reduce High Charity and its defenses to molten slag?

I say high charity.

So many ships… so many defenses.

High Charity. Like Erickyboo said, it has so many defenses. Not to mention the whole covie fleet protecting it. They would probably overwhelm the Citadel defenses and glass it. What about Flood vs Reapers? There’s a good fight there.

The Citadel is outclassed in nearly every way, from firepower (kilotons vs. megatons minimum), range (100,000 km Covie Energy Projectors), technology (plasma and DEW weapons would ignore kinetice barriers) ship tonnage ( Small Covie ships are what the Citadel call Dreadnoughts, the largest being 27km behemoths) and numbers (as noted above). Plus High Charity itself is armed to the teeth with weapons stronger than even the most powerful ship weaponry and is also far, far larger.

So this isn’t even a question.

> 2533274975398392;3:
> What about Flood vs Reapers? There’s a good fight there.

Not with the Logic Plague it isn’t. Have you read the books? Flood operate on a totally different level when motivated.

The Citadel was nearly conquered by Cerberus…

> 2533274798011936;4:
> The Citadel is outclassed in nearly every way, from firepower (kilotons vs. megatons minimum), range (100,000 km Covie Energy Projectors), technology (plasma and DEW weapons would ignore kinetice barriers) ship tonnage ( Small Covie ships are what the Citadel call Dreadnoughts, the largest being 27km behemoths) and numbers (as noted above). Plus High Charity itself is armed to the teeth with weapons stronger than even the most powerful ship weaponry and is also far, far larger.
>
> So this isn’t even a question.
>
>
>
> > 2533274975398392;3:
> > What about Flood vs Reapers? There’s a good fight there.
>
>
> Not with the Logic Plague it isn’t. Have you read the books? Flood operate on a totally different level when motivated.

Where is the Logic Plague talked about? IS that in the final Forerunner novel? If so, I havent read that one yet. I have read the first two though.

Citadel gets blow to molten slag…
We are talking about weapons which are being powered by a Forerunner Engine and certainly much powerful weapons than the ones encountered in Oth London where Infinity got ‘reckt’
And I’m not even taking into account the HC Fleet composed of trigger happy Zealot Commanders…

> 2533274805386380;6:
> > 2533274798011936;4:
> > The Citadel is outclassed in nearly every way, from firepower (kilotons vs. megatons minimum), range (100,000 km Covie Energy Projectors), technology (plasma and DEW weapons would ignore kinetice barriers) ship tonnage ( Small Covie ships are what the Citadel call Dreadnoughts, the largest being 27km behemoths) and numbers (as noted above). Plus High Charity itself is armed to the teeth with weapons stronger than even the most powerful ship weaponry and is also far, far larger.
> >
> > So this isn’t even a question.
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274975398392;3:
> > > What about Flood vs Reapers? There’s a good fight there.
> >
> >
> >
> > Not with the Logic Plague it isn’t. Have you read the books? Flood operate on a totally different level when motivated.
>
>
> Where is the Logic Plague talked about? IS that in the final Forerunner novel? If so, I havent read that one yet. I have read the first two though.

The Flood are basically Precursors…LOGIC PLAGUE was used to cripple the Forerunner Ecumene.
It isn’t even needed against the Reapers because their logic is already flawed at their most basic levels. Using the Logic Plague is still necessary because it is somewhat similar infection process on the AIs like the Infection forms and Flood Supercell is for biological beings.

Not to mention High Charity is way larger than the Citadel.

> 2533274833380875;1:
> I’m talking about an all out battle between the defense fleets of Halo’s High Charity and Mass Effect’s Citadel. In a horrible mistake in calculations a Slipspace jump throws High Charity and its entire defense fleet into the Mass Effect universe. They land near to the Citadel and discover hundreds of human life signs and a massive fleet of unknown ships filled with unknown aliens.
>
> Seeing them as an immediate threat the Prophet of Truth orders the fleet to engage the Citadel Defense Fleet and has every available drop ship send down thousands of ground troops and vehicles onto the Wards and Presidium of the Citadel. Meanwhile the fleets battle each other in an epic space battle.
>
> Ground forces are commanded personally by Thel Vadam while space forces are commanded by the Prophet of Truth and Tartarus.

Really, the Brutes should be in charge of the ground forces, while the Elites would be in command of High Charity’s defense fleet. Brute naval tactics are somewhat less refined than Elite naval tactics.

> Could the Covenant conquer the Citadel? Or would the Citadel forces reduce High Charity and its defenses to molten slag?

Given how the High Charity defense fleet consists of

> hundreds of supercarriers

, and that the station itself possesses weapons far stronger than even the most powerful Covenant warship, the Citadel fleet isn’t winning the space battle. Energy projectors and pulse lasers are sort of OCPs for ME space combat- and there is not a single thing in the Citadel navy that could take on the Keyship if it is forced to launch.

OTOH, the ground combat is about as lopsided- just in the other direction. C-SEC and any other local military forces will turn the Citadel into a gigantic meat-grinder against the Covenant’s boarding parties. Engineers and Adepts will be the biggest threats (Overload + Incinerate for Engineers, Warp + Biotic detonations for Adepts). ME’s infantry weapons are also a helluva lot stronger than the UNSC’s, which, save for a few exceptions (like the Splazer), are literally from the Vietnam era. The Covenant may send entire [division-analogues] onto the Citadel, but they will jerk back a bloody stump shortly after.

By the way, given how High Charity is pretty much mainly powered by the Keyship’s engines, perhaps it was Mendicant Bias who sabotaged the slipspace calculations that sent High Charity and it’s entire defense fleet to the ME-verse, in an attempt to save the UNSC from extinction.

High Charity is over 10x the length of the citadel. It’d just ram it.

Stuff in halo is big.