Hey all, I have some questions about unlocks.

So, we all know there’s some sort of new progression in Halo 4 akin to the CoD perk/loadout system. Can anyone give specific details on this?

My personal questions are:

1. Are the unlocks only to be used in ‘Infinity Slayer’?
  2. If not, are unlocks used in every playlist?
  3. Will custom games allow all loadouts regardless of a players progression?

Thanks in advance for the help!

[deleted]

Meh, I’m assuming the same as you… but I’d like to actually KNOW the answers to this.

Oh, and I guess I didn’t realize there was more to ‘Infinity’ than just ‘Infinity Slayer’.
Does that mean there’s going to be an entire Infinity playlist? If that’s the case I will assume that Perks and Loadouts will only show up in the Infinity Playist.

Unless someone proves to me otherwise?

Edit - What the hell? Can you give me more info on ‘Specialization’? What would specializing into ‘Driver’ actually do!?

> > So, we all know there’s some sort of new progression in Halo 4 akin to the CoD perk/loadout system. Can anyone give specific details on this?
> >
> > My personal questions are:
> >
> > 1. Are the unlocks only to be used in ‘Infinity Slayer’?
> > 2. If not, are unlocks used in every playlist?
> > 3. Will custom games allow all loadouts regardless of a players progression?
> >
> >
> > Thanks in advance for the help!
>
> You have 10 level progressions. You then specialize in a specific field after you reach 10 - like ‘driver’ for example.
>
> 1. No, I don’t think so. Do you mean Infinity gametypes?
> 2. Probably not in classic.
> 3. I’d imagine so.

No, your specializations have a level cap of 10, then when you max out the specialization you can re-enlist to another.

The actual ranking system is an EXP ranking system that go through ranks such as Private and General, and I’d imagine there are inbetween 20-50 ranks.

1. Loadouts will be used in other gametypes that are NOT infinity slayer/ctf etc, too.
  2. I’d imagine that unlocks are not used for every gametype.
  3. I think they confirmed that as a yes.