Hey 343i! What hapend to the "FREE RAYTRACING UPDATE"?

Per Chris Lee: ( who is no longer with 343 )

“343 confirmed Halo Infinite will get a “FREE RAYTRACING UPDATE” sometime after the launch”

Ah it’s been 9 mos. What’s the problem?

Peace! :fist_right: :fist_left:

11 Likes

They’re probably more focused on the higher-priority issues, like making the game play stable, adding more content, changing the store, cross-core, QOL, Season 3 and 4, Forge, Co-Op, etc. They can’t always really fix everything at once.

4 Likes

I agree somewhat but hehehehehehe its been 9mos!! do we have to wait another 9mos. to get this in the game. I would have rather have 343; not mention it at all so I would not have to ask this question.

4 Likes

The game barely holds graphical fidelity on recommended specs, let’s get the game looking good first, then focus on unnecessary ray tracing after

2 Likes

Well they should not said it then! Period! I run RTX video card with Reshade with the Reshade Cinematic preset. It close to RTX but not close enough.

Well this is open ended. Could’ve been the day after launch or the day before Infinite’s 10 year run. They can say whatever they want, it’s still sometime after launch. Hold your horses my guy. Why rush the Devs to add a feature that will actually lead to a broken experience in practice if it were to get added within the next month?

I don’t understand the mentality of piling on wants and whataboutisms or holding Devs feet to the fire over screenshot framerate video quality when there’s clearly more pressing concerns with the title.

Ok?

Nothing like advocating for a choppy >50fps experience on recommended settings. Congrats?

3 Likes

:rofl: are you saying I only get 50FPS??? :rofl: How in the same hell do you know what I get on my FPS? I get with 90% of my video setting set at ULTRA. My FPS run at 150+ even with running Reshade with my Cinematic Reshade preset. :rofl:

Don’t be a troll dude. Its not cool!

2 Likes

Cherry picking that specific comment is ignoring the context of the reply. I’ll quote it again below, highlighting the pertinent points in green.

To quote you:

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t think raytracing is coming till after the game gets ‘situated’.

But hey, it shouldn’t be too long before that happens.

Hopefully. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It would be nice sooner that later :rofl:

I run a EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 FTW3 GAMING, 08G-P5-3765-KR, 8GB GDDR6, iCX3 Technology, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate. It sucks that I can’t use the full potential of this video with Halo Infinite :sleepy:

Free Raytracing update: “Just install Reshade on a PC lol”

wow I guess your did not read my post where I did say I was running Reshade :rofl:

I agree with you, but we should all have learned by now, 343 will say anything and everything to make us feel like they are getting the job done.
Back in October 2021 a 343 blog post, “343 Says PC Ray Tracing Is a Top Priority After Launch”. Before launch, 343 was hyping everything about this game, and Ray Tracing was one of those things.

We are in a time when just promising whatever, and then blaming inaction or a crappy outcome on technical problems, is like a golden ticket to lie. 343’s lying really started to take shape before the release of Halo 5, and they have never looked back, and they can’t stop lying.

They have promised all kinds of cool stuff, but all evidence points to the fact that they are way out of their depth. It would be like somebody promising to paint a beautiful mural on a wall, and when it’s all finished, you look at it, and it’s just poop on a wall spread around with their hands, and you ask what happened to the mural you promised me, and they say, yeah as it turns out, I can’t paint, but good luck, and thanks for the payment.

You see it doesn’t matter to them, they can lose me or you as a customer, but to 343, there are almost 8 billion more potential, unsuspecting people on this planet to scam, that’s the F2P con.

2 Likes

Uh, honestly they need to optimize it, because even the most beefed up 3090 would struggle.

My 3070 can’t even go up to 1440, but I can ABSOLUTELY MAX DOOM Eternal, which generally has crisper textures.

It’s an Infinite issue.

1 Like

Probably more

1 Like

Nah, I actually didn’t read that far down. I was more just making a joke that that’s what 343 would use as an excuse, since they’re never going to be able to keep any promises they make for the next 9 years, so we just have to do stuff ourselves

They probably took the hint that graphical fidelity is the very least of their problems at the moment, optimization aside.

1 Like

I wouldn’t even be surprised if we are still years away from ray tracing implementation.

It took them months to fix some minor model alignments and the constant crashing of BTB.

The game doesn’t even have proper loading screens ffs. Maybe throw in some concept art or map overviews instead of trying to sell nail polish and cook books :facepunch:

Considering how bad the optimization on PC is I doubt they want to tackle ray tracing any time soon.

1 Like

Right now I am not convinced we will ever get this. 343 botched development and will perpetually be in a period of catch up for a long time. By the time they are able to do it there will probably be no financial incentive to do so.