Hey 343 you want to bring people back? Increase the credit payouts to start.

While the game does have a lot of other things to be fixed the first should be the credit payouts. It’s a simple fix and would make a lot of players happy, myself included. While I like what Bungie tried to do with the purchase of armor the it was done the wrong way. I generally play a few games a day and still have about a year and half to reach top rank. Rank progression is slower in this game than an RPG. Like I said I appreciate what they were trying to do but this makes the game very frustrating to the players who don’t have time to play 40 games a day. I think I’m over 500 hours combined on the game so far and I still have a year and a half? By the time I hit the top the new Halo game will have been released. That’s just way to long for a shooter.

The 5000 exp to reach 5 star general was much longer IMO. :frowning:

> The 5000 exp to reach 5 star general was much longer IMO. :frowning:

I did take a while, however getting to 50 itself did not. But like I said they set this up more RPG style. And this is not an RPG.

Yup, increase the -Yoink- 600-1000+ credits we get. Such a pain in the -Yoink-.

And now I understand why people want a new ranking system altogether. Reset everyone’s current rank, and perhaps credits if they wanted to, and go back to ranking up based on winning/losing. It’s a bad system; forcing people to rank up based on how long they play.

Yes and make every playlist give about the same amount of credits because I hate how firefight gives the most. And also double credit weekends because the super jackpot is too hard to get. I’ve played like 50 games in the specified playlists, basically never quit, and still couldn’t get it. It’s a waste of time.

> While the game does have a lot of other things to be fixed the first should be the credit payouts.

Tweaking the gaming equivalent of a Skinner box won’t bring players back. Most people couldn’t care less about cR. Improving the gameplay is what will bring players back.

> > While the game does have a lot of other things to be fixed the first should be the credit payouts.
>
> Tweaking the gaming equivalent of a Skinner box won’t bring players back. Most people couldn’t care less about cR. Improving the gameplay is what will bring players back.

Very true, and I agree there are other parts that need fixed. But upping the credits would be a good (and easy) start for 343.

lol credits.

Such trivial things won’t bring back population. You need something drastic to be done.

They should just double your credit payout for winning. It is a possible solution to this issue and it should help with the motivation to win as well. Two for one.

I could really care less about my rank or getting more credits. What Reach definetly needs is a proper classic playplist.

I bet most of the people who aren’t interested in playing Reach at this point aren’t going to come back b/c of higher payouts. They’re basically meaningless anyway. I, for one, don’t want to play it b/c of it’s gameplay, not the lack of cR’s.

Yeah because the players that dont play the game will know about this how? If it where to happen. Allso many players dosent know that Reach has Squad Slayer, Action Sack etc now, because they left months ago. That why its so bad to do as many new playlists that Reach have done. Squad slayer, Swat etc are gametypes that shoulde have had playlists right from start.

> I bet most of the people who aren’t interested in playing Reach at this point aren’t going to come back b/c of higher payouts. They’re basically meaningless anyway. I, for one, don’t want to play it b/c of it’s gameplay, not the lack of cR’s.

Yeah. I have the same problem with Reach.

The game isn’t designed so that every person reaches the top rank, nor does it need to increase the payout just because some people aren’t patient enough.

> The 5000 exp to reach 5 star general was much longer IMO. :frowning:

Uh, no I have a 5 star and inheritor takes waaaaaaaaaaay longer.

Increasing credits will just mean you’ll achieve 100% armory completion in a faster time, and once you run out of things to buy then you’ll completely lose interest in the game. This won’t be cause for anyone to return to Reach who has already left.

More armor items please, including FF voices and new effects.

> Increasing credits will just mean you’ll achieve 100% armory completion in a faster time, and once you run out of things to buy then you’ll completely lose interest in the game. This won’t be cause for anyone to return to Reach who has already left.
>
> More armor items please, including FF voices and new effects.

Yep and that’s the reason why the classic Halo’s had a good gameplay. If the gameplay sucks,you’ll get bored really soon. But if the gameplay is good you don’t even need something to unlock. Reach is the other way around. It has many unlocks but the actual gameplay isn’t really satisfying.

> I could really care less about my rank or getting more credits. What Reach definetly needs is a proper classic playplist.

What is a “playplist”?

Also, call me a noob or whatever, but I, for one love the credit system. The old formula just pissed me off. Also, my 71-year-old Dad who plays Halo isn’t as good as the 10-year-old who plays 40 hours a day, so why shouldn’t he rank up for his efforts in playing?

Hey guys comeon its just a badge and some pretty cosmetic armour at the end of the day, its not like losing all of your weapons and abilitys in-game.

How about we have no ranks, credits, or stats at all.

And we all just kill.

Sounds like a plan to me.