Hey 343 thanks for banning me from voice.

Yeah, I’ve read online quite a bit and this has been happening to a lot of others. Yeah I’m a jerk online, and I say racist/sexist and derogatory comments, but so do 90% of other players. But I only do it in the peace of my own private chat, I pay 60 bucks for a game, and 120$ a year to play XB Live, I should be able to cuss and say really messed up stuff from the privacy of my own party without having to be banned from talking in voice chat for a week, which I gotta be honest doesn’t matter much, because I don’t do it anyways.

Really I’ll probably getting a bunch of really silly replies such as “Why do you care.”, “You deserved it.”, “That’s what you get.” etc. etc… That set aside I am really voicing my concerns here mainly because banning people for saying crude things on a game that is rated M for mature and trying to clean it up for little kids is an idea I firmly do not support. If parents are going to use Halo 4 as a babysitter that is wrong, they should be doing homework, growing, or at least having voice chat turned off to let the big boys talk.

I’m sure 90% of players here can admit that they have said some sort of a nasty word to another XB Live user here. All of us can dish it out, and we all equally take it. People will get mad, haters will hate. Sure, I think it’s awesome you’re trying to clean it up, but I mean seriously, you’re ticking a lot of people off doing this. While I respect it, I also have a lot of disrespect for it, considering the banning of innocent people. I have also been reading a lot of articles such as ‘permanent banning from using the XB Live account’. Are you serious right now?

I spend literally thousands of dollars creating a media setup just to play xbox and a 60$ game has the ability to completely make that obsolete, I completely find that to be absurd, and if I ever receive a permanent ban for that I plan to fight it with every ounce of my being. This whole ban is absurd, and I feel being censored especially on a service I pay for, for doing literally nothing is frustrating to say in the least.

I’m just 1 player, who probably doesn’t matter, but, ya’know I don’t really care. I’m not looking to stop you from doing it, and I’m not looking to start some big fight about it with everyone here on the forum too. I did not do anything in voice chat, and I will stand by that wherever. It makes me angry that I can’t talk on voice chat in the game (Even though I don’t anyways). I’d still like the thought of, if I ever did in fact want to talk in voice chat, the feature that I paid for is not taken from me.

It’s not only me who it has happened to, it also happened to another friend who I frequently play Halo 4 with and he was also banned from voice, neither of us have ever gone out of party chat. I’m 19 years old and I work all week, I play Halo 4 for something like, I’d want to say 1 or 2 times a week if I even have the time, and I can definitely remember all of the times just talking in party, and never in voice.

So yeah, there’s my complaint. I’m still gonna play Halo 4, and I’m going to live with it, but I’d at least like to see my concerns ‘noted’, or whatever you’d do to take it into consideration. If you mute me for saying cuss words in party chat or whatever, you’re going to have to ban something like 90% of XB Live from talking online, you might have to make a special team of people to start those bans going 343. I’m so happy to see you’re creating jobs in this economy.

P.S.: You allow t-bagging in a video game, which is supposed to be considered a sexual act, yet you’d not allow the mention of it. Nice logic.

Peace

Don’t be a racist/sexist and all around offensive jerk in the game and you won’t get voice banned. No one wants to hear that crap. Also, everyone pays for Xbox Live. No one cares that you mention you pay for this game. That means literally nothing. Like I said, if you don’t want to get voice banned, don’t be a racist/sexist -Yoink!-.

Why do you care? you deserved it, thats what you get.

Yeah I’m a jerk online, and I say racist/sexist and derogatory comments
Stopped reading there, good thing they banned you.

You all appear to be missing this here:

“I should be able to cuss and say really messed up stuff from the privacy of my own party

Do you even lift?

Just because the game is rated M doesn’t entitle you to those things.

Voice ban is working as intended.

> You all appear to be missing this here:
>
> “I should be able to cuss and say really messed up stuff from the privacy of my own party

Then how do you get banned in-game voice chat if you don’t even talk in game chat? You’re logic is dumb. And if you don’t talk in-game anyway, why are you complaining in the first place?

I am complaining because I don’t feel that it’s right to permanently ban people from a service they pay for. You say my opinion doesn’t matter because everyone else pays for it, but that’s such a one sided view. We’re all entitled to an opinion because we ALL pay for it. I don’t agree with you but I’m not going to be a jerk about it. All you do is try to insult and destroy my credibility, yet it appears that you have only paid attention to an inkling of detail in the thread. I already covered that comment in the original post.

“Why am I posting this if I don’t even talk in game?”

" I’d still like the thought of, if I ever did in fact want to talk in voice chat, the feature that I paid for is not taken from me."

Pay more attention to detail.

OMG DUDE I THINK I GOT BANNED FOR CUSSING ONLINE. THIS IS SO F UP!

Anyone can get banned. It picks who to ban based on how many people mute you in the lobby. The more people that mute you, the faster you’ll get banned.

Your the reason i play with Muted as my default setting.

> That set aside I am really voicing my concerns here mainly because banning people for saying crude things on a game that is rated M for mature and trying to clean it up for little kids is an idea I firmly do not support.

Just throwin’ this out there but voice chat and party chat are governed by XBL’s terms of use. Therefore, the game rating itself doesn’t really matter because that rating is independent of the Live service.

I’m neither agreeing nor disagreeing with you to be honest, but you can’t really build an argument around a game’s rating. That only pertains to the game’s content itself and not to external services or dynamic elements (that old ESRB Notice comes to mind [“Rating may change during online play”]).

If the ESRB rated games based on how players act while playing, every online game would be rated “AO”.

> Yeah I’m a jerk online, and I say racist/sexist and derogatory comments

You got what you deserved. People like you are the reason I always play in Party Chat or everyone muted.

if youre saying so many racist,sexist and derogitory comments that your own friends/ people in your party reported you for communications then yes. you deserved it.

They say that 69% of statistics are made up on the spot…

> Yeah, I’ve read online quite a bit and this has been happening to a lot of others. Yeah I’m a jerk online, and I say racist/sexist and derogatory comments, but so do 90% of other players. But I only do it in the peace of my own private chat, I pay 60 bucks for a game, and 120$ a year to play XB Live, I should be able to cuss and say really messed up stuff from the privacy of my own party without having to be banned from talking in voice chat for a week, which I gotta be honest doesn’t matter much, because I don’t do it anyways.
>
> Really I’ll probably getting a bunch of really silly replies such as “Why do you care.”, “You deserved it.”, “That’s what you get.” etc. etc… That set aside I am really voicing my concerns here mainly because banning people for saying crude things on a game that is rated M for mature and trying to clean it up for little kids is an idea I firmly do not support. If parents are going to use Halo 4 as a babysitter that is wrong, they should be doing homework, growing, or at least having voice chat turned off to let the big boys talk.
>
> I’m sure 90% of players here can admit that they have said some sort of a nasty word to another XB Live user here. All of us can dish it out, and we all equally take it. People will get mad, haters will hate. Sure, I think it’s awesome you’re trying to clean it up, but I mean seriously, you’re ticking a lot of people off doing this. While I respect it, I also have a lot of disrespect for it, considering the banning of innocent people. I have also been reading a lot of articles such as ‘permanent banning from using the XB Live account’. Are you serious right now?
>
> I spend literally thousands of dollars creating a media setup just to play xbox and a 60$ game has the ability to completely make that obsolete, I completely find that to be absurd, and if I ever receive a permanent ban for that I plan to fight it with every ounce of my being. This whole ban is absurd, and I feel being censored especially on a service I pay for, for doing literally nothing is frustrating to say in the least.
>
> I’m just 1 player, who probably doesn’t matter, but, ya’know I don’t really care. I’m not looking to stop you from doing it, and I’m not looking to start some big fight about it with everyone here on the forum too. I did not do anything in voice chat, and I will stand by that wherever. It makes me angry that I can’t talk on voice chat in the game (Even though I don’t anyways). I’d still like the thought of, if I ever did in fact want to talk in voice chat, the feature that I paid for is not taken from me.
>
> It’s not only me who it has happened to, it also happened to another friend who I frequently play Halo 4 with and he was also banned from voice, neither of us have ever gone out of party chat. I’m 19 years old and I work all week, I play Halo 4 for something like, I’d want to say 1 or 2 times a week if I even have the time, and I can definitely remember all of the times just talking in party, and never in voice.
>
> So yeah, there’s my complaint. I’m still gonna play Halo 4, and I’m going to live with it, but I’d at least like to see my concerns ‘noted’, or whatever you’d do to take it into consideration. If you mute me for saying cuss words in party chat or whatever, you’re going to have to ban something like 90% of XB Live from talking online, you might have to make a special team of people to start those bans going 343. I’m so happy to see you’re creating jobs in this economy.
>
> P.S.: You allow t-bagging in a video game, which is supposed to be considered a sexual act, yet you’d not allow the mention of it. Nice logic.
>
> Peace

let me guess you a squeaker? if so then you should be banned for life XD joking aside; you deserved it you jerk, so live with the consequences of your actions.

Deserved or not, I think this is territory games should travel lightly on. I mean, you don’t have to look far to see how the ACLU has moved into other areas and protected the whole freedom of speech thing. Just saying.

lol at the people saying he deserved it. talking -Yoink- is the reason xbox is fun get over it. kids that complain about that are the reason why we don’t have 1-50. just because you don’t like to be called bad or get -Yoink- talked cry about it.

> lol at the people saying he deserved it. talking Yoink! is the reason xbox is fun get over it. kids that complain about that are the reason why we don’t have 1-50. just because you don’t like to be called bad or get Yoink! talked cry about it.

i feel sorry for you if talking trash is what makes xbox fun for you.