Hey 343, before you sell me new maps ...

… how about putting Impact, Erosion and Ravine into match making?

I mean, this game needs more maps, and there’s 13 on the disc but only 10 in multiplayer … and I see you there, holding your hand out asking for money for 3 new maps, which is kinda strange since there’s already 3 maps on the disc that you aren’t using.

Am I the only one that finds this baffling?

Also, give us a good connection search option. All the new maps in the world aren’t worth squat with the horrendous lag from overseas hosts.

Thanked and agreed, the maps not being in matchmaking is a bit baffling and the game really does need a good connection option. The lag I get can be pretty ugly with shots not registering and the like.

I think it’s about time people realize Halo 4’s only goal was to make money.
I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if they only added 7 maps into matchmaking to influence people to buy the new maps.

> I think it’s about time people realize Halo 4’s only goal was to make money.
> I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if they only added 7 maps into matchmaking to influence people to buy the new maps.

The purpose of any product and business is to make money… lawlsisaurus.

There is 13 maps on disc 10 in matchmaking. Where did you get your numbers?

> > I think it’s about time people realize Halo 4’s only goal was to make money.
> > I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if they only added 7 maps into matchmaking to influence people to buy the new maps.
>
> The purpose of any product and business is to make money… lawlsisaurus.

Only?
You do know there are game developers out there make games not only to make money but to present there vision and idea to the population. They make games to see what the population thinks of there creation as does any artist but then again the game industry has been bought out by major corporations.

> > I think it’s about time people realize Halo 4’s only goal was to make money.
> > I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if they only added 7 maps into matchmaking to influence people to buy the new maps.
>
> The purpose of any product and business is to make money… lawlsisaurus.

However. there’s a secondary purpose of providing a good experience to the consumer. Developers that actually value their consumers (not saying 343i doesn’t, I’m just talking in general) try to make good games.

Look at Skyrim, sold crap tons, Bethesda made their money, they’re still putting out patches for the game fixing any issues the game had. They don’t need to do that, putting out a patch according to XBL arcade devs costs $40,000, probably more considering Skyrim is an AAA title, not to mention the time it detracts from existing projects.

Bethesda actually want you to have a good experience, as do a lot of devs out there, Bungie had no reason to give away Cold Storage for free on Halo 3.

Not everyone has to be a penny-pinching shark in the game industry, especially when your game makes in excess of 500 million in a matter of weeks, the least you can do is respect the consumer and give them a good game.

So no, game design isn’t solely about money, devs invest themselves in their creations. I don’t see how anyone could make a game for 3 years that they knew was going to suck.

> There is 13 maps on disc 10 in matchmaking. Where did you get your numbers?

> > > I think it’s about time people realize Halo 4’s only goal was to make money.
> > > I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if they only added 7 maps into matchmaking to influence people to buy the new maps.
> >
> > The purpose of any product and business is to make money… lawlsisaurus.
>
> Only?
> You do know there are game developers out there make games not only to make money but to present there vision and idea to the population. They make games to see what the population thinks of there creation as does any artist but then again the game industry has been bought out by major corporations.

Prime goal is money, if the ‘game’ becomes a franchise then the developers can take interest I suppose, not many really do though…not for very long anyway since big companies usually get involved and make a big -Yoinking!- mess.

If the game doesn’t make money, it doesn’t get a sequel. Devs try again, next game doesn’t make money, devs closes up shop.

It sucks, but 343 is MS and we all know they love to roll in it.

Halo is a billion dollar franchise right?..All they want is more dollars/pounds/yoyos, what ever other currency.

After all the maps is released the only updates we’ll probably see to this game most likely is playlists updates, and i bet they don’t even stick to the weekly routine, it will be every 2 weeks then next thing you know its a month, as they’re already starting to work on Halo 5 to make more muniesssssss!.

Yeah, that’s pretty strange. Bungie put several maps they made in Forge World into matchmaking day one with Reach. At the very least let the community contribute some forge variants of those maps into war games/matchmaking without inevitably relegating them to “grab bag obscurity.”

Obviously 343 would still need a selection process like Bungie had in Reach, and perhaps a dedicated playlist that can act as a community filter for maps people would like enough to want in Infinity Slayer, CTF, etc. The point is, 343 should make player’s well crafted forge creations mean something more important to the overall Halo experience.

Judging by the average discourse in this forum right now, 343 still has many longtime Halo fans to win over. (Even if they were loved aspects of Halo 4.) Achieving that within the Halo 4 extended pipeline of content and support is still possible, and
I think my suggestion above could be a good first step in making the longtime community feel more involved in and important to the game universe they love.

these maps you mention are maps built for forge. read the bulletins before you complain. don’t expect 343 to do anything if you don’t read anything.

> these maps you mention are maps built for forge. read the bulletins before you complain. don’t expect 343 to do anything if you don’t read anything.

I beg your pardon but this is not a complaint, it’s simply an address. I may have expressed confusion at 343’s decision, but not dissatisfaction. Furthermore, reading the bulliten is not a prerequisite for addressing 343 or even making a complaint for that matter. It is not stated or implied anywhere that I should need to consume blogs, podcasts or in game updates before making a queary or complaint.

I’m aware that the 3 maps I mentioned are forge capable, but the game shipped with a ready to play forge variant of each of those maps and I’m wondering why these haven’t been included in match making. Did the bulliten explain why this isn’t the case? I hope for your pride’s sake it hasn’t.

Agreed 100 percent, how freaking sweet would it be to get those 3 maps plus the crimson map pack. That would be 6 more maps added to the multiplayer.

Wait…there are maps on the disk that are not in matchmaking, and a DLC allows you to play those maps online? So one of the DLC’s is simply adding games already on the disk to multiplayer?

If this is true, it’s honestly the most ridiculous thing a game developer has ever heard.

I agree with the OP on this one. The maps I’m playing right now on Matchmaking are quite limited to Ragnarok, Exile, Adrift Abandon and Haven. I can’t play any other maps - nobody votes for them. People keep voting for those 5 (for good reasons).

There are 10 maps shipped with the game? Really? You don’t say…

I guess it’s time for a map pack…

As you can tell from my other posts, I’m not liking the current state of affairs.

> There is 13 maps on disc 10 in matchmaking. Where did you get your numbers?

I did a math, I did a bad wrong math.

I wont buy the mappack - remember Reach ???
Dont want to waste my money…again

I guess 343 is waiting for community made maps on the three forge maps but, I would at least like the three already forged up versions of ravine, impact and erosion to be put up. I don’t see why they shouldn’t be included.

> Wait…there are maps on the disk that are not in matchmaking, and a DLC allows you to play those maps online? So one of the DLC’s is simply adding games already on the disk to multiplayer?
>
> If this is true, it’s honestly the most ridiculous thing a game developer has ever heard.

There are 13 playable maps in the roster right now, but only 10 are in match making. Erosion, Ravine and Impact are inexplicably absent from match making. You can play on them right now in a custom game or forge, go try them out, they look like a lot of fun.

The Crimson map pack maps are different, they will be a separate download that will increase the total maps to 16.