Here's what's wrong with Warzone Firefight.

I’ve been looking forward to firefight, and the mixture of warzone with firefight was a great idea. However, I have a few grievances for 343i:

  1. You NEED to use your REQs if you want to win, so it’s frustrating whenever you’re the only player using your requisitions. I’m not sure how 343i could fix this, perhaps they can make it easier to get REQs to make up for the REQs not being used by other players.
  2. Where’s the -Yoink!-?
  3. The time limit just has to go, there never seems to be enough time. When you’re team isn’t doing much, there’s only so much a couple of players with only a couple of REQs can do. 343i could fix this by bringing the livestock back (maybe 100 lives shared by all players), so firefight is back to fighting to survive, instead of beating the team limit. Now some of you might mention firefight being even more difficult than it already it is. Well I have a solution,
  4. Decrease the difficulty. 343i could decrease the difficulty in many ways. Such as getting rid of mobs that aren’t needed, or even just decreasing the damage of enemies. Ive noticed when the round calls for killing three bosses there’ll be waves upon waves of mobs coming at you that’ll just disappear once you kill the bosses. Very sloppy, 343i. Why not have ACTUAL waves of enemies. WAVES like in ODST’s firefight. Instead of just pouring them in, or even spontaneously spawning them around me. The bottomline, just make it easier for us casuals. I don’t care if that means the end of earning easy Silver REQ packs.
  5. There’s not enough rounds. Self explanatory.
    If you’re going to call it Firefight, please do it right.

I disagree with the number of rounds. Five is more than enough to keep me entertained. Any more and I’d start to grow tired.

I think if the reqs had a faster respawn rate it would be helpful as well, but I agree more rounds, start off easier and get more difficult. Time limit not sure about yet, and I agree with #4. #2 I don’t get lol

Someone suggested that when the timer ends, respawns are disabled, but the round goes on until the objective is complete or all Spartans are dead. I think that helps the timer issue and promotes surviveability, which are both good effects.

Take that and reduce the accuracy of AI automatic fire at long range somewhat and I think Firefight would be more fair will still being challenging.

Firefight doesn’t need to be watered down substantially. This difficulty is far closer to what it should be than the easy fest the Beta was. A slight adjustment to time and survivability would help make it a bit more accessible while still promoting cautious, smart play in my opinion.

While I do agree it is req heavy, ultimately it is WARZONE, which was created on the req system. I think they should have called it something else like Warzone Op’s or something then recreated ODST round/live based Firefight in Halo 6 (doubt it’ll happen in 5.)

Really this should remain under a different name in Halo 6 for a challenging PvE/PvP coop challenge in Warzone, and Firefight should be a seperate mode with private or match made lobbies for more relaxing (or challenging depending on settings) survival play.

It’s intended to be a req eater, so I can’t fault them on that point. Although I don’t like it any more than you do.

What -Yoink!-?

I don’t have a problem with the sense of urgency you get from the time limit. After all, Reach Score Attack was always on the clock.

Limited lives is only workable, in my opinion, in a solo game mode. If I’m in a WZFF match and burn through my lives with half the match left to go then some guy is just gonna post a thread about how his crappy teammate lost him the game. And a shared pool of lives is even worse. There will always be at least one player in a match who doesn’t care about staying alive, or worse, lets himself be killed repeatedly just to screw with his teammates.

Decrease the difficulty is something I can definitely get behind.

If you increase the number of rounds then you’re increasing the opportunity for frustrated players to quit and leave you in an even worse position. If you need more rounds then just start another match.

My biggest gripes, apart from the ridiculous difficulty, is:

a) takes way too long to bump up req levels.
b) should at least be playable with loadout weapons, and it isn’t.
c) needs a solo mode.

I agree with all of this, but must stress Spawn times, and the amount of bullets / ease of access to REQ station to reload.

everything? i agree

The problem is that it isn’t really Firefight at all.

> 2535433238497925;6:
> I agree with all of this, but must stress Spawn times, and the amount of bullets / ease of access to REQ station to reload.

I always run out of ammo. Hold up while I run back to the armory to reload. Overall though very enjoyable for me.

For the REQs- I barely have enough good reqs for normal warzone. I already don’t plan on playing firefight because i was never a huge FF fan to begin with, so the fact that i have to use REQs in FF is an even bigger turnoff. I didn’t even play warzone turbo.

I think reqs can be fun, but this is definitely the fundamental flaw of them

The primary issue is the crazy-long spawn time. When I die at 30 second left- the most crucial and desperate time, I have absolutely no more use that match. That’s heartbreaking, and sometimes you have zero power over when or how you die- no matter how good you are because Halo 5’s spawning system is absolutely naff.

What’s wrong with Warzone Firefight? The Warzone aspect. Bring back real Firefight.

I actually like the wave timer and what WZFF is doing right now. I just wished they bumped the difficulty down slightly (don’t overshoot the sweet spot) and made respawn timers personal. That way, if I don’t die until wave 5, then I could still spawn relatively quickly. Also, (I saw this mentioned somewhere in another thread) why don’t they give you about 30 additional seconds after each boss. With 3 bosses, killing 2 would grant another minute to kill the third.

> 2533274838757507;1:
> I’ve been looking forward to firefight, and the mixture of warzone with firefight was a great idea. However, I have a few grievances for 343i:
> 1) You NEED to use your REQs if you want to win, so it’s frustrating whenever you’re the only player using your requisitions. I’m not sure how 343i could fix this, perhaps they can make it easier to get REQs to make up for the REQs not being used by other players.
> 2) Where’s the -Yoink!-?
> 3) The time limit just has to go, there never seems to be enough time. When you’re team isn’t doing much, there’s only so much a couple of players with only a couple of REQs can do. 343i could fix this by bringing the livestock back (maybe 100 lives shared by all players), so firefight is back to fighting to survive, instead of beating the team limit. Now some of you might mention firefight being even more difficult than it already it is. Well I have a solution,
> 4) Decrease the difficulty. 343i could decrease the difficulty in many ways. Such as getting rid of mobs that aren’t needed, or even just decreasing the damage of enemies. Ive noticed when the round calls for killing three bosses there’ll be waves upon waves of mobs coming at you that’ll just disappear once you kill the bosses. Very sloppy, 343i. Why not have ACTUAL waves of enemies. WAVES like in ODST’s firefight. Instead of just pouring them in, or even spontaneously spawning them around me. The bottomline, just make it easier for us casuals. I don’t care if that means the end of earning easy Silver REQ packs.
> 5) There’s not enough rounds. Self explanatory.
> If you’re going to call it Firefight, please do it right.

If the time limit “had to go”, you would win 100% of the time…you do realize that, right?
Edit: It’s free…why are you whining? I swear to god the Halo community is full of entitled brats.

I actually like this Firefight. The old Firefight bored me.

It’s:

  • Short and sweet (by comparision). Any longer and I’d lose interest in playing. - Challenging. So what if you have to use REQ’s to win. They are awarded in abundance, and Firefight itself throws REQs by the handfull back into your stockpile. - The time limit is a part of the challenge. Swapping it out for a Stock battle of 100 shared lives (100 ?! Might as well be infinite) would make it too easy.

So basically go back 7 years and make it ODST/Reach firefight…
WZFF is WZFF, it is not Firefight.
If ODST and Reach had never used firefight then people would not have been asking for these things, you cant take a spin off and complain until they eventually pander and make it the original… That entirely ruins the point of it

But I can’t criticise without giving a counter argument to be fair, so why i think WZFF is fine is:

  • Yes Reqs are necessary, but when you complete a game of WZFF, especially your first game of the day, i’ve been getting loads of packs, I think after completing one game my highest was 6 packs earned from things like WZ Victory, WZFF Victory, Commendation Packs, Silver Packs, Company Commendation Packs and i’ve been getting Gold Packs too. - The time limit is usually always met when communication or at least half the team is competent about what weapons and vehicles to use and when to use them, again, lives should not be added as this gamemode is not about survival… One scenario would be that if there was no time limit you could sit miles away and fire off your BR without ever being in danger, youd eventually get the kill but the games would feel boring and cheaty - Similar to the last point, the difficulty is easily met with competency and a little determination however I will agree (sort of) in that i would like to see WZSurvival and have that maybe use waves and lives, but it shouldn’t replace the current WZFF we have - More rounds would be hard to do, especially as longer games mean more chance of people leaving because they’re bored… However definitely definitely what i would like to see in a WZSurvival experience along with an infinite round mode.To basically sum it up, i disagree that WZFF should be changed, but you should get all of your wishes met in the form of a new survival orientated mode :sunglasses:

Its a req eater yes. Ive spent more reqs in wzf than in warzone. Im not the only one. however; starting of easier and adding lets say 5 more rounds wouldnt be a bad thing. decrease the spawntimer to 2seconds added per round. let req energy replenish in 20-15seconds instead of 30.

double the ammo got from req weapons :slight_smile:

the payouts are nice. those gold packs give about what i spend each match and for now i can play over 160 matches and call in a banshee AND a tank if i wanted to every damn match.

aka. reqs are no issue.

They need to remove the time limit and add a set number of lives instead. It would be so much better and firefight is supposed to be about surviving not a stupid time limit.

> 2533274838757507;1:
> 2) Where’s the -Yoink!-?

Excuse me, but… What?