Here is what I believe the ideal way to redo the shop system should be done

What they should do is go down to DLC Packs, like in the old days. You know, where you got a reasonable amount of content for $10-$20.

Spartan III Armory Pack
This hypothetical pack would include the following for the Mark V Bravo Armor Core -

• 10 Armor Coatings
  • 10 Helmets
  • 5 Helmet Attachments
  • 10 Visor Colors
  • 10 Chest Pieces
  • 10 Shoulder Armor Pieces
  • 5 Wrist Attachments
  • 5 Utility Attachments
  • 2 Alt. Glove Designs
  • 3 Knee Guard Designs

Spartan IV Armory Pack
This hypothetical pack would include the following for the Mark VII Armor Core -

• 10 Armor Coatings
  • 10 Helmets
  • 5 Helmet Attachments
  • 10 Visor Colors
  • 10 Chest Pieces
  • 10 Shoulder Armor Pieces
  • 5 Wrist Attachments
  • 5 Utility Attachments
  • 2 Alt. Glove Designs
  • 3 Knee Guard Designs

Samurai Honor Guard Armory Pack
This hypothetical pack would include the following for the Yoroi Armor Core -

• 10 Armor Coatings
  • 5 Helmets
  • 5 Helmet Attachments
  • 5 Visor Colors
  • 5 Chest Pieces
  • 5 Shoulder Armor Pieces
  • 2 Wrist Attachments
  • 2 Utility Attachments
  • 1 Alt Glove Design
  • 2 Knee Guard Designs

You get the idea. Each Armor Core would have a DLC Pack that is attributed to it. Each pack valued at around $10-$15 respectively. With a base amount of cosmetics being available by default for unlock through gameplay and battle pass systems. Each pack you buy will give you cosmetics that you cannot unlock within regular gameplay.

So hypothetically, one would have to buy only 1 pack of the Fractures armor core cosmetics, while to complete the Mark V Bravo armor core, you would have to play the battle passes AND buy at least two of these packs in order to get all the content possible.

This gives the company guys that want money their money and we gamers get a fair trade of cosmetics in return.

Other packs would exist for around $5 each which would give us weapons cosmetics, Spartan Armor Coatings, vehicle cosmetics, Spartan ID cosmetics, and Assassinations ( once those are added to the game proper )

That is how I propose to have the best and ideal shop system in Halo Infinite for our Spartans. And with the release of new armor cores, we would see more packs available in the Xbox and Steam stores. Such as -

• Spartan II Armory Pack - which unlocks armor content for the Mark V Gen-1.
  • Red Team Armory Pack - which unlocks armor content for the Mark IV Gen-1.
  • Blue Team Armory Pack - which unlocks armor content for the Mark VI Gen-3.
  • Osiris Armory Pack - which unlocks armor content for the ONI Hunter Armor Core.
  • Helljumper Armory Pack - which unlocks armor content for the obligatory ODST Armor Core
  • Iron War Armory Pack - which unlocks armor for the Dieselpunk Fractures Armor Core.
  • Spartan Style Pack - which unlocks 10 Armor Coatings and 5 Visor Clors for $5

You get the idea.
Basically make it a system that is a sort of hybrid between classic content packs and the REQ system.

Hell no. I dont want those stupid rng lootboxes back

1 Like

To use a comparative DLC System, something akin to a costume pack but as parts for an armour core? is that right, rather than cherry picked bits of the armour being valued in a system that doesn’t work with the “rarity” system in place.

sounds feasible-ish, so long as the Mark VIII is allowed to be earnable in the game, since thats the core everyone gets no matter what by default.

also don’t say REQ packs, that word has been tainted by its implementation in Halo 5, where it was “nothing but the middle man so to speak.”

he/she/they means dlc costume packs.

personally, I think those packs would be worth at least 25 usd given how you can make at least 10 different armors from it

1 Like

You can only use one set of armor, so you’re spending for the ability to set up an armor set you like. You’re not really buying multiple sets of armor.

To be honest, I’d likely be more motivated to dish out 10-20-30 usd if it was an actually expansion with complete armor core unlocks, maps, new customization features, and Campaign expansion.

I’d rather just have the store expanded to include everything from the entire season and let us generate credits ingame. That would be a fair system for f2p

You’re forgetting that they need to make money and not that many people are gonna buy all of the armor cores, if they just like the MK.VII they will just get the MK.VII or if they want the Samurai they will just get the Samurai. They won’t make enough money in the long run to pay the devs

Talk about expectations too high

1 Like

70 items for 10 - 15 dollars? When the 20 dollar bundles now have 8 or 9 items?

This is just NEVER going to happen. Best case scenario is the prices will be cut in half. Dream case scenario is prices will be 1/3rd of what they are now.

But 70 items for 10 dollars is just insanely cheap and therefore unrealistic. That’s 0,14 dollars for an item. When now often an item is 2 dollars or more. Just, come on. :joy:

Unlike other Lootbox systems that we have had in literally every other game that has them, Halo 5 did it right with the fact that you never got duplicates of your cosmetics. Meaning there is an upper limit to how much you would need to buy in order to get all the armory content.

I have had all the Halo 5 Armor sets (Save for Achilles, Olive, and the Pre-Order Hunter sets) by level 44 in Halo 5 Guardians.

Whereas in Rainbow Six Siege I am level 160-something and I only have 20% of the contents unlocked yet it seems that 40% of my Alpha Pack unlocks are duplicates… which is just annoying to get the same headgear 10 times and getting a small refund because “oopsie, that was a duplicate. So sorry that your raffle for this pack was wasted. Here is 25% of that item’s cost back as compensation”.

1 Like