Here is pretty much the official word around h4.

Guys i know were all excited for what 343 has in for us, but halo reach has only been out for more than half a year. The next halo will not have “Ideas Left on the Table”, which means that the quantity of time between now and halo 4 is approximately 4 years. Yes 4 years. The next halo will be probably the most hard worked halo game to ever release since halo ce.

Remember this is 343’s first halo, and its gonna take while before they finish it. This aint bungie anymore folks, We the gamers will either quit or continue playing halo. Numbers are going down in matchmaking in Reach and to be honest only the most loyal of loyal halo fans will be playing reach till halo 4 comes out.

As a halo geek for approximately 11 years now i guess, I dont think ill make it to see the next halo, i might be playing cabbella whatever.

So guys hang on to your reach disk, its gonna be a loooooooooooong run.

im wating for e3

So where did you get the 4 years idea from? Trending from the past shows every 3 years, pretty much, for a new Halo game. I also remember Microsoft saying something about not having Halo on such a long hiatus between releases in the future.

I for one hope you’re wrong…

I hope the next title comes way quicker than 4 years - It needs to be much, much quicker… We can’t spend the next few years watching everyone run around with Haunted like it’s the new Hayabusa rather than the more rare Recon-type thing I believe it was intended to be…

Still, from a fan perspective, I hope we see something roll out of 343 sooner rather than later so that we as a community retain a strong core of dedicated players such as yourself - Whatever 343 does next HAS to be very good without doubt. But losing fans to Cabela’s would be tragic on a completely new level.

Four years would be a really long time. I hope for something as early as 2 years, though that would definitely be pushing it. But I can wait as long as necessary for a great Halo game. If 343i doesn’t make it amazing, then this series might truly start to fade and I don’t want to see that happen.

Guys the reason i came up with four years is because, bungie had ideas left on the table and 3 years wasnt enough to bring everything we fans want.

The nex halo is fresh and they need to take there time bringing us everything we have been asking for. If not, then it has to be 2 to 3 years.

Eh, the only way that Halo 4 WON’T come out within the next 2 years is if:

1. Halo Reach is patched enough to regain the love of the community
    OR
  2. They release another Halo ODST type game, AKA a halo game based off the current engine. (perhaps that Halo CE thats been rumored)

I’d put my money on #2 and then Halo 4 being a release game for Xbox 3 within three years.

> Numbers are going down in matchmaking in Reach

Actually there not! You must be like me and only get online when you can, which just so happens to be dead. Reach has its prime time everyday, unfortunately for us Australians its usually only around the 30,000’s at night.

Check out this website. It has a graph of Halo Reach’s daily population.

If you check the hit counter on Bungie.net you will see amazing results too.

> > Numbers are going down in matchmaking in Reach
>
> Actually there not! You must be like me and only get online when you can, which just so happens to be dead. Reach has its prime time everyday, unfortunately for us Australians its usually only around the 30,000’s at night.
>
> Check out this website. It has a graph of Halo Reach’s daily population.
>
> If you check the hit counter on Bungie.net you will see amazing results too.

Actually, Reach’s numbers have substantially decreased since it’s release.

I’ll paint a picture for you:
Halo Reach’s initial release = 850,000 concurrent user peak.
Halo Reach days prior to the release of Black Ops = 225,000 concurrent user peak. (Now smaller than MW2)
A week after Black Ops’ release = 175,000 concurrent user peak.
Now = 149,000 concurrent user peak.

All of these are taken on the weekend during the highest point of the population.

The numbers you and those charts refer to are simply the amount of players who were on Halo: Reach while signed on. Some of those people might not have even had a match. The concurrent user peak provides a much better picture of just how much the Reach population has decreased.

OP, I would first like to tell you that Halo hasn’t even had it’s 10th anniversary yet, so you couldn’t have been a Halo geek for 11 years. Secondly, the increments between major Halo titles are three years, so I have no idea why you stated four. If 343 keep the same trend, then we will be seeing “Halo 4” at the end of 2013. I doubt though that they would take that long, because they wouldn’t want the Halo franchise to lose any more popularity.

> > > Numbers are going down in matchmaking in Reach
> >
> > Actually there not! You must be like me and only get online when you can, which just so happens to be dead. Reach has its prime time everyday, unfortunately for us Australians its usually only around the 30,000’s at night.
> >
> > Check out this website. It has a graph of Halo Reach’s daily population.
> >
> > If you check the hit counter on Bungie.net you will see amazing results too.
>
> Actually, Reach’s numbers have substantially decreased since it’s release.
>
> I’ll paint a picture for you:
> Halo Reach’s initial release = 850,000 concurrent user peak.
> Halo Reach days prior to the release of Black Ops = 225,000 concurrent user peak. (Now smaller than MW2)
> A week after Black Ops’ release = 175,000 concurrent user peak.
> Now = 149,000 concurrent user peak.
>
> All of these are taken on the weekend during the highest point of the population.
>
> The numbers you and those charts refer to are simply the amount of players who were on Halo: Reach while signed on. Some of those people might not have even had a match. The concurrent user peak provides a much better picture of just how much the Reach population has decreased.
>
> OP, I would first like to tell you that Halo hasn’t even had it’s 10th anniversary yet, so you couldn’t have been a Halo geek for 11 years. Secondly, the increments between major Halo titles are three years, so I have no idea why you stated four. If 343 keep the same trend, then we will be seeing “Halo 4” at the end of 2013. I doubt though that they would take that long, because they wouldn’t want the Halo franchise to lose any more popularity.

The game is still considered ‘new’. I would not consider it dying.

> So where did you get the 4 years idea from? Trending from the past shows every 3 years, pretty much, for a new Halo game. I also remember Microsoft saying something about not having Halo on such a long hiatus between releases in the future.

I agree with you Easy. With all the other shooters that seem to be coming out i doubt we will have to wait 4 years. My guess is 2 years or 3 years if they remake CE and H2.

I’d imagine the next Halo game will come out in two years or less. I’m pretty sure 343i started work shortly after Halo 3 came out.