Here is how Halo 5 can keep its player population.

1. Don’t show how many people are in each playlist. If people see there are a low number of players in a playlist, they won’t play it and that playlist will eventually die.
  2. Give an incentive to come back every day or week. Maybe if you play a game every day, after 5 days of playing in a row you get a high tier req pack.
  3. Daily Challenges and weekly challenges. Give players something to work towards.
  4. Have a weekly and daily leaderboard. Better or competitive players will be more incentivised to stay if they can work to get on the leaderboards every single week or day.
  5. Post launch support. Don’t do the bare minimum of the 15 maps promised. Do more such as adding more vehicles, more gametypes, and just more things to do. Also add splitscreen post launch, that will also bring some players back
  6. Each week pick a playlist with a low population and make it so you get a better chance of a few pack while playing it. This will make it so more playlists don’t die.
  7. Finally, change the bosses or add new and cooler ones too warzone so players want to keep going back to see and fight these bosses. Also make it so these special bosses drop req packs.

> 2533274946184160;1:
> 1. Don’t show how many people are in each playlist. If people see there are a low number of players in a playlist, they won’t play it and that playlist will eventually die.
> 2. Give an incentive to come back every day or week. Maybe if you play a game every day, after 5 days of playing in a row you get a high tier req pack.
> 3. Daily Challenges and weekly challenges. Give players something to work towards.
> 4. Have a weekly and daily leaderboard. Better or competitive players will be more incentivised to stay if they can work to get on the leaderboards every single week or day.
> 5. Post launch support. Don’t do the bare minimum of the 15 maps promised. Do more such as adding more vehicles, more gametypes, and just more things to do. Also add splitscreen post launch, that will also bring some players back
> 6. Each week pick a playlist with a low population and make it so you get a better chance of a few pack while playing it. This will make it so more playlists don’t die.
> 7. Finally, change the bosses or add new and cooler ones too warzone so players want to keep going back to see and fight these bosses. Also make it so these special bosses drop req packs.

are you jesus? this list is perfect

> 2533275020152737;2:
> > 2533274946184160;1:
> > 1. Don’t show how many people are in each playlist. If people see there are a low number of players in a playlist, they won’t play it and that playlist will eventually die.
> > 2. Give an incentive to come back every day or week. Maybe if you play a game every day, after 5 days of playing in a row you get a high tier req pack.
> > 3. Daily Challenges and weekly challenges. Give players something to work towards.
> > 4. Have a weekly and daily leaderboard. Better or competitive players will be more incentivised to stay if they can work to get on the leaderboards every single week or day.
> > 5. Post launch support. Don’t do the bare minimum of the 15 maps promised. Do more such as adding more vehicles, more gametypes, and just more things to do. Also add splitscreen post launch, that will also bring some players back
> > 6. Each week pick a playlist with a low population and make it so you get a better chance of a few pack while playing it. This will make it so more playlists don’t die.
> > 7. Finally, change the bosses or add new and cooler ones too warzone so players want to keep going back to see and fight these bosses. Also make it so these special bosses drop req packs.
>
>
> are you jesus? this list is perfect

No…just a cat

Good ideas.

I like the second point a lot. It’s a system warframe has where if you log in each day everyday you could get better rewards. I feel this would go hand in hand with 5’s REQ pack system. I think they should also bring back commendations from reach. completing these gives REQ packs.

Halo 5 will have a really hard time keeping up the population, Call of Duty is a bigger franchise and Star Wars Battlefront will capture a lot of people off the bat.

To make things worse, Halo 5 won’t have its strongest community tool for sustaining multiplayer.

Love the ideas.

All great ideas!

> 2533274946184160;1:
> 2. Give an incentive to come back every day or week. Maybe if you play a game every day, after 5 days of playing in a row you get a high tier req pack.
> 3. Daily Challenges and weekly challenges. Give players something to work towards.

Challenges kept me playing for Halo 4 for quite a while, especially the daily ones.
Due to the time difference from US to UK, when they updated the challenges, on weekends I had until 11am to complete the challenges before a new set so I could get double XP in one sitting!

> 2533275023806453;6:
> Halo 5 will have a really hard time keeping up the population, Call of Duty is a bigger franchise and Star Wars Battlefront will capture a lot of people off the bat.
>
> To make things worse, Halo 5 won’t have its strongest community tool for sustaining multiplayer.

That is why 343 needs to add things such as these so the player population doesn’t drop when black ops comes out just like Halo 4 did

Hiding of the playlist population numbers is something that should be normal really.

People will always go with something is more popular simply to feel like they belong better (and to find more varied games of people).

> 2533274946184160;9:
> > 2533275023806453;6:
> > Halo 5 will have a really hard time keeping up the population, Call of Duty is a bigger franchise and Star Wars Battlefront will capture a lot of people off the bat.
> >
> > To make things worse, Halo 5 won’t have its strongest community tool for sustaining multiplayer.
>
>
> That is why 343 needs to add things such as these so the player population doesn’t drop when black ops comes out just like Halo 4 did

Those won’t matter, 343 has made the biggest decision regarding Halo 5 online population already. We have to see where that takes us in the future, but I don’t think that your suggestions will compensate for the big decision.

If we look at the big picture, 343 has to sustain Halo 5 population on a low selling console, they need some killer feature which both sells consoles and retains as many people as possible compared to the competition. Keeping the playlists alive is important, but any competent developer does that. It is major game features which will make or break this game.

Maybe add playlist specific ranks and make the higher ranks have an increased chance of earning rare REQ cards. With a de-rank quit penalty, I think this would incentivize not quitting so you can rank up and get rarer REQs more frequently.

Edit: also add a feature to the playlist ranks where your rank slowly decreases whenever you are not playing in that playlist so players have a reason to come back to certain playlists that they’ve already reached max level in.

> 2533275023806453;11:
> > 2533274946184160;9:
> > > 2533275023806453;6:
> > > Halo 5 will have a really hard time keeping up the population, Call of Duty is a bigger franchise and Star Wars Battlefront will capture a lot of people off the bat.
> > >
> > > To make things worse, Halo 5 won’t have its strongest community tool for sustaining multiplayer.
> >
> >
> > That is why 343 needs to add things such as these so the player population doesn’t drop when black ops comes out just like Halo 4 did
>
>
> Those won’t matter, 343 has made the biggest decision regarding Halo 5 online population already. We have to see where that takes us in the future, but I don’t think that your suggestions will compensate for the big decision.
>
> If we look at the big picture, 343 has to sustain Halo 5 population on a low selling console, they need some killer feature which both sells consoles and retains as many people as possible compared to the competition. Keeping the playlists alive is important, but any competent developer does that. It is major game features which will make or break this game.

I would say a fair number of XB1 owners made their purchase decision because of Halo. I know I did.

> 2533274804597910;13:
> > 2533275023806453;11:
> > > 2533274946184160;9:
> > > > 2533275023806453;6:
> > > > Halo 5 will have a really hard time keeping up the population, Call of Duty is a bigger franchise and Star Wars Battlefront will capture a lot of people off the bat.
> > > >
> > > > To make things worse, Halo 5 won’t have its strongest community tool for sustaining multiplayer.
> > >
> > >
> > > That is why 343 needs to add things such as these so the player population doesn’t drop when black ops comes out just like Halo 4 did
> >
> >
> > Those won’t matter, 343 has made the biggest decision regarding Halo 5 online population already. We have to see where that takes us in the future, but I don’t think that your suggestions will compensate for the big decision.
> >
> > If we look at the big picture, 343 has to sustain Halo 5 population on a low selling console, they need some killer feature which both sells consoles and retains as many people as possible compared to the competition. Keeping the playlists alive is important, but any competent developer does that. It is major game features which will make or break this game.
>
>
> I would say a fair number of XB1 owners made their purchase decision because of Halo. I know I did.

Same. The PS4 is better than XB1 in almost every way but one, PS4 doesn’t have Halo.

> 2533274834537210;12:
> Maybe add playlist specific ranks and make the higher ranks have an increased chance of earning rare REQ cards. With a de-rank quit penalty, I think this would incentivize not quitting so you can rank up and get rarer REQs more frequently.
>
> Edit: also add a feature to the playlist ranks where your rank slowly decreases whenever you are not playing in that playlist so players have a reason to come back to certain playlists that they’ve already reached max level in.

I dont think people want their ranks to go down just because they weren’t playing…it will just make players angry and make them quit playing

This list is amazing and I support it 100%
They are all doable except one
The whole thing about adding vehicles would be a huge surprise which means it is very unlikely.

> 2533274846483350;16:
> This list is amazing and I support it 100%
> They are all doable except one
> The whole thing about adding vehicles would be a huge surprise which means it is very unlikely.

Thanks!

> 2533274826317859;14:
> > 2533274804597910;13:
> > > 2533275023806453;11:
> > > > 2533274946184160;9:
> > > > > 2533275023806453;6:
> > > > > Halo 5 will have a really hard time keeping up the population, Call of Duty is a bigger franchise and Star Wars Battlefront will capture a lot of people off the bat.
> > > > >
> > > > > To make things worse, Halo 5 won’t have its strongest community tool for sustaining multiplayer.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > That is why 343 needs to add things such as these so the player population doesn’t drop when black ops comes out just like Halo 4 did
> > >
> > >
> > > Those won’t matter, 343 has made the biggest decision regarding Halo 5 online population already. We have to see where that takes us in the future, but I don’t think that your suggestions will compensate for the big decision.
> > >
> > > If we look at the big picture, 343 has to sustain Halo 5 population on a low selling console, they need some killer feature which both sells consoles and retains as many people as possible compared to the competition. Keeping the playlists alive is important, but any competent developer does that. It is major game features which will make or break this game.
> >
> >
> > I would say a fair number of XB1 owners made their purchase decision because of Halo. I know I did.
>
>
> Same. The PS4 is better than XB1 in almost every way but one, PS4 doesn’t have Halo.

Doesn’t have Gears of War either… 2 main reasons I own an Xbox… Halo & Gears lol

> 2533275020152737;2:
> > 2533274946184160;1:
> > 1. Don’t show how many people are in each playlist. If people see there are a low number of players in a playlist, they won’t play it and that playlist will eventually die.
> > 2. Give an incentive to come back every day or week. Maybe if you play a game every day, after 5 days of playing in a row you get a high tier req pack.
> > 3. Daily Challenges and weekly challenges. Give players something to work towards.
> > 4. Have a weekly and daily leaderboard. Better or competitive players will be more incentivised to stay if they can work to get on the leaderboards every single week or day.
> > 5. Post launch support. Don’t do the bare minimum of the 15 maps promised. Do more such as adding more vehicles, more gametypes, and just more things to do. Also add splitscreen post launch, that will also bring some players back
> > 6. Each week pick a playlist with a low population and make it so you get a better chance of a few pack while playing it. This will make it so more playlists don’t die.
> > 7. Finally, change the bosses or add new and cooler ones too warzone so players want to keep going back to see and fight these bosses. Also make it so these special bosses drop req packs.
>
>
> are you jesus? this list is perfect

No, he’s a devil… a blue devil!

> 2533274873954403;18:
> > 2533274826317859;14:
> > > 2533274804597910;13:
> > > > 2533275023806453;11:
> > > > > 2533274946184160;9:
> > > > > > 2533275023806453;6:
> > > > > > Halo 5 will have a really hard time keeping up the population, Call of Duty is a bigger franchise and Star Wars Battlefront will capture a lot of people off the bat.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > To make things worse, Halo 5 won’t have its strongest community tool for sustaining multiplayer.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > That is why 343 needs to add things such as these so the player population doesn’t drop when black ops comes out just like Halo 4 did
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Those won’t matter, 343 has made the biggest decision regarding Halo 5 online population already. We have to see where that takes us in the future, but I don’t think that your suggestions will compensate for the big decision.
> > > >
> > > > If we look at the big picture, 343 has to sustain Halo 5 population on a low selling console, they need some killer feature which both sells consoles and retains as many people as possible compared to the competition. Keeping the playlists alive is important, but any competent developer does that. It is major game features which will make or break this game.
> >
> >
> > Same. The PS4 is better than XB1 in almost every way but one, PS4 doesn’t have Halo.
>
>
> Doesn’t have Gears of War either… 2 main reasons I own an Xbox… Halo & Gears lol

Hah yea they should rename it Gears of Halo Box.

On topic the list is absolute genius. One thing i will say they should release every major content drop like the BTB and map packs a few days to a week after a major release. A sneaky backhand strategy but when out gunned nothings dishonorable.