here are the things i'm worried about.

  1. sense it has 50 ranks. will the people that don’t play much be able to get to the max rank and get the extra stuff as well.

  2. forge, to me it looks like a re skin of reach with more bells and shiney things.

  3. making halo golden triangle, in to the golden tetrahedron how will that effect game play.

  4. unlock emblems (that one is kinda copying cod, most of you guys got to say that)

  5. map size. are they small and heavily CQC (close quarter combat) or will there be maps like forge world, spire, vahalla

  6. over use of the BR, lets face it everyone and their grandmother wil be using that gun

  7. dlc playlist. well sense i still play halo reach, and the last update was horrible. it took away the dlc playlist and added it to every playlist. which rarely comes up sense only around 250 people have all of the dlc. my worry is that they will do the same thing in halo 4 to low population playlist, which might mean the dlc playlist.

  8. spartan points, how will they work?

  9. loadouts i know i’m beating a dead horse here. but still im kinda worried about that. you can spawn with your favor base weapons, nads, and AA plus ( cant think of a better word, sorry but) and “perks”

  10. making the pre order, Limited Edition, and CE day one DLC (only heard rummers but i hope they don’t)

  11. unlock stuff by ranking up. im ok with the idea, but their is just to much stuff in that place, emblems, armor, skins, poses, and maybe stuff for your service tag as well.

  12. spartan ops, well know session 1 is free with a new copy of the game, my question is how long will session be, how many chapter are in a session, and how much will a session cost?

thats all i can think of now. just thought i would through my two cents into the mix. even tho i already paid 100 bucks

then give my the post where they have said something about it.
i guess post your stuff on why. and no having faith is something they need to earn.

Literally EVERYTHING you’re worried about has already been explained, do your research bro, except for the maps being CQC …You’re kinda being dumb there cause not only are there 7 maps we don’t know of but we already have a long range map dude! Longbow!

> Literally EVERYTHING you’re worried about has already been explained, do your research bro, except for the maps being CQC …You’re kinda being dumb there cause not only are there 7 maps we don’t know of but we already have a long range map dude! Longbow!

by fans thats keep saying “have faith in 343/halo 4” . and from the 3 maps i have seen, two of them are heavily CQC.

> > Literally EVERYTHING you’re worried about has already been explained, do your research bro, except for the maps being CQC …You’re kinda being dumb there cause not only are there 7 maps we don’t know of but we already have a long range map dude! Longbow!
>
> by fans thats keep saying “have faith in 343/halo 4” . and from the 3 maps i have seen, two of them are heavily CQC.

Dude, people will always whine, whether it’s cause they WANT to whine or they just don’t like stuff, the whiners will always be more apparent than the people that are grateful.
Also 2 of them are heavily CQC …Are the other 8 heavily CQC? You don’t know? Your argument is invalid.

> > Literally EVERYTHING you’re worried about has already been explained, do your research bro, except for the maps being CQC …You’re kinda being dumb there cause not only are there 7 maps we don’t know of but we already have a long range map dude! Longbow!
>
> by fans thats keep saying “have faith in 343/halo 4” . and from the 3 maps i have seen, two of them are heavily CQC.

Longbow is demonstrably a larger map, Haven and Adrift have been described as CQC maps. The Forge map we’ve seen is quite large too.

> 1) sense it has 50 ranks. will the people that don’t play much be able to get to the max rank and get the extra stuff as well.
>
> 2) forge, to me it looks like a re skin of reach with more bells and shiney things.
>
> 3) making halo golden triangle, in to the golden tetrahedron how will that effect game play.
>
> 4) unlock emblems (that one is kinda copying cod, most of you guys got to say that)
>
> 5) map size. are they small and heavily CQC (close quarter combat) or will there be maps like forge world, spire, vahalla
>
> 6) over use of the BR, lets face it everyone and their grandmother wil be using that gun
>
> 7) dlc playlist. well sense i still play halo reach, and the last update was horrible. it took away the dlc playlist and added it to every playlist. which rarely comes up sense only around 250 people have all of the dlc. my worry is that they will do the same thing in halo 4 to low population playlist, which might mean the dlc playlist.
>
> 8) spartan points, how will they work?
>
> 9) loadouts i know i’m beating a dead horse here. but still im kinda worried about that. you can spawn with your favor base weapons, nads, and AA plus ( cant think of a better word, sorry but) and “perks”
>
> 10) making the pre order, Limited Edition, and CE day one DLC (only heard rummers but i hope they don’t)
>
> 11) unlock stuff by ranking up. im ok with the idea, but their is just to much stuff in that place, emblems, armor, skins, poses, and maybe stuff for your service tag as well.
>
> 12) spartan ops, well know session 1 is free with a new copy of the game, my question is how long will session be, how many chapter are in a session, and how much will a session cost?
>
> thats all i can think of now. just thought i would through my two cents into the mix. even tho i already paid 100 bucks
>
> i guess post your stuff on why. and no having faith is something they need to earn.

IDred is right, most of these things have been addressed.
And its not just a have faith argument, there is a massive BTB community that don’t want to let down.
All will be revealed in good time… Patience

> > > Literally EVERYTHING you’re worried about has already been explained, do your research bro, except for the maps being CQC …You’re kinda being dumb there cause not only are there 7 maps we don’t know of but we already have a long range map dude! Longbow!
> >
> > by fans thats keep saying “have faith in 343/halo 4” . and from the 3 maps i have seen, two of them are heavily CQC.
>
> Dude, people will always whine, whether it’s cause they WANT to whine or they just don’t like stuff, the whiners will always be more apparent than the people that are grateful.
> Also 2 of them are heavily CQC …Are the other 8 heavily CQC? You don’t know? Your argument is invalid.

my argument is invalid because we don’t know about the other maps… thats the point of the post. i’m posting the parts i’m worried about. for the stuff we do know, and the stuff we don’t know.
i’m not whining i’m staying my views so far. its called thinking and not following the bandwagon.
but back to my topic. again my views, take it or leave it.

> > > Literally EVERYTHING you’re worried about has already been explained, do your research bro, except for the maps being CQC …You’re kinda being dumb there cause not only are there 7 maps we don’t know of but we already have a long range map dude! Longbow!
> >
> > by fans thats keep saying “have faith in 343/halo 4” . and from the 3 maps i have seen, two of them are heavily CQC.
>
> Dude, people will always whine, whether it’s cause they WANT to whine or they just don’t like stuff, the whiners will always be more apparent than the people that are grateful.
> Also 2 of them are heavily CQC …Are the other 8 heavily CQC? You don’t know? Your argument is invalid.

I prefer cqc maps in all honesty, keeps that arena feel and should shut up the halo 2 whiners, Halo is not Battlefield, but we already have longbow (and can expect more obviously), and I have a feeling the next map is gonna be a large scale map at PAX when it is revealed, but I’ll prolly be wrong. Sandtrap was my favorite BTB map, ever, period. I hope they bring something like that in halo 4, not sandtrap itself but something big and desert like, it just feels awesome fighting in that kind of environment, and often a home for many mysterious scenarios in amazing machinimas.

> > > > Literally EVERYTHING you’re worried about has already been explained, do your research bro, except for the maps being CQC …You’re kinda being dumb there cause not only are there 7 maps we don’t know of but we already have a long range map dude! Longbow!
> > >
> > > by fans thats keep saying “have faith in 343/halo 4” . and from the 3 maps i have seen, two of them are heavily CQC.
> >
> > Dude, people will always whine, whether it’s cause they WANT to whine or they just don’t like stuff, the whiners will always be more apparent than the people that are grateful.
> > Also 2 of them are heavily CQC …Are the other 8 heavily CQC? You don’t know? Your argument is invalid.
>
> my argument is invalid because we don’t know about the other maps… thats the point of the post twit. i’m posting the parts i’m worried about. for the stuff we do know, and the stuff we don’t know.
> i’m not whining i’m staying my views so far. its called thinking and not following the bandwagon.
> but back to my topic. again my views, take it or leave it.

I never said you were whining, the people that tell you to not have faith in 343i are the whiners, I’m in the “meh” part cause I can’t judge a game before I played it.

Well we will have another one revealed at PAX so just wait for another BTB map since I am sre it will be.

> 1) sense it has 50 ranks. will the people that don’t play much be able to get to the max rank and get the extra stuff as well.

Well getting to rank 50 wont be hard and their are more then 50 ranks all together

> 2) forge, to me it looks like a re skin of reach with more bells and shiney things.

Most of what we seen in forge like the pieces were just place holders. It doesnt look way better then reach in terms of better graphics and easier tools to make maps.

> 3) making halo golden triangle, in to the golden tetrahedron how will that effect game play.

This isnt a big deal at all because its just making halo evolve and will still work just as well as the triangle. (i wouldnt be worried about this)

> 4) unlock emblems (that one is kinda copying cod, most of you guys got to say that)

Just because you unlock emblems doesnt make it cod. Aslo how does this effect the game in any way?

> 5) map size. are they small and heavily CQC (close quarter combat) or will there be maps like forge world, spire, vahalla

They already showed off a map that is huge (longbow)

> 6) over use of the BR, lets face it everyone and their grandmother wil be using that gun

Why would this worry you when everyone can use it and it worked fine in halo 2 and in halo 3. It will only make the game better. Plus there are other weapons that will compete with the br.

> 7) dlc playlist. well sense i still play halo reach, and the last update was horrible. it took away the dlc playlist and added it to every playlist. which rarely comes up sense only around 250 people have all of the dlc. my worry is that they will do the same thing in halo 4 to low population playlist, which might mean the dlc playlist.

Halo 4 will not have a low population and this wouldnt even happen until years after if it were to happen. But yeah the population will be fine. No need to worry at all.

> 8) spartan points, how will they work?

A new currency system, Spartan Points, will enable players to buy new abilities armour and new Spec Op-style missions, known as Spartan Ops. You can look this up to learn more about it.

> 9) loadouts i know i’m beating a dead horse here. but still im kinda worried about that. you can spawn with your favor base weapons, nads, and AA plus ( cant think of a better word, sorry but) and “perks”

why worry when everyone gets a equal ground. Everyone chooses what they want and how they want to play. Whats bad with this??

> 10) making the pre order, Limited Edition, and CE day one DLC (only heard rummers but i hope they don’t)

they wont do this so again no need to worry.

> 11) unlock stuff by ranking up. im ok with the idea, but their is just to much stuff in that place, emblems, armor, skins, poses, and maybe stuff for your service tag as well.

The more stuff you can unlock/earn the better.

> 12) spartan ops, well know session 1 is free with a new copy of the game, my question is how long will session be, how many chapter are in a session, and how much will a session cost?

there are 50 missions in the first season. You get 5 missions every week for 10 weeks.

thats all i can think of now. just thought i would through my two cents into the mix. even tho i already paid 100 bucks

i guess post your stuff on why. and no having faith is something they need to earn.
[/quote]

> > > > > Literally EVERYTHING you’re worried about has already been explained, do your research bro, except for the maps being CQC …You’re kinda being dumb there cause not only are there 7 maps we don’t know of but we already have a long range map dude! Longbow!
> > > >
> > > > by fans thats keep saying “have faith in 343/halo 4” . and from the 3 maps i have seen, two of them are heavily CQC.
> > >
> > > Dude, people will always whine, whether it’s cause they WANT to whine or they just don’t like stuff, the whiners will always be more apparent than the people that are grateful.
> > > Also 2 of them are heavily CQC …Are the other 8 heavily CQC? You don’t know? Your argument is invalid.
> >
> > my argument is invalid because we don’t know about the other maps… thats the point of the post twit. i’m posting the parts i’m worried about. for the stuff we do know, and the stuff we don’t know.
> > i’m not whining i’m staying my views so far. its called thinking and not following the bandwagon.
> > but back to my topic. again my views, take it or leave it.
>
> I never said you were whining, the people that tell you to not have faith in 343i are the whiners, I’m in the “meh” part cause I can’t judge a game before I played it.

kinda my thing too. i just saying my views im not judging the game yet. i just saying whats on my mine.

> 1) sense it has 50 ranks. will the people that don’t play much be able to get to the max rank and get the extra stuff as well.
>
> 2) forge, to me it looks like a re skin of reach with more bells and shiney things.
>
> 3) making halo golden triangle, in to the golden tetrahedron how will that effect game play.
>
> 4) unlock emblems (that one is kinda copying cod, most of you guys got to say that)
>
> 5) map size. are they small and heavily CQC (close quarter combat) or will there be maps like forge world, spire, vahalla
>
> 6) over use of the BR, lets face it everyone and their grandmother wil be using that gun
>
> 7) dlc playlist. well sense i still play halo reach, and the last update was horrible. it took away the dlc playlist and added it to every playlist. which rarely comes up sense only around 250 people have all of the dlc. my worry is that they will do the same thing in halo 4 to low population playlist, which might mean the dlc playlist.
>
> 8) spartan points, how will they work?
>
> 9) loadouts i know i’m beating a dead horse here. but still im kinda worried about that. you can spawn with your favor base weapons, nads, and AA plus ( cant think of a better word, sorry but) and “perks”
>
> 10) making the pre order, Limited Edition, and CE day one DLC (only heard rummers but i hope they don’t)
>
> 11) unlock stuff by ranking up. im ok with the idea, but their is just to much stuff in that place, emblems, armor, skins, poses, and maybe stuff for your service tag as well.
>
> 12) spartan ops, well know session 1 is free with a new copy of the game, my question is how long will session be, how many chapter are in a session, and how much will a session cost?
>
> thats all i can think of now. just thought i would through my two cents into the mix. even tho i already paid 100 bucks
>
> then give my the post where they have said something about it.
> i guess post your stuff on why. and no having faith is something they need to earn.

  1. It hasn’t been stated how long it takes to achieve each rank, nor has it been specifically stated that 50 is the max rank. Also, if people don’t play much, why should they get to the max rank? Achieving the top should only be something that people who play a fair amount should be allowed to achieve, or else it sort of ruins the whole point.

  2. Yes, Reach’s Forge was a copy of Halo 3’s Forge with added bells and whistles too. How else do you expect them to improve on it? Or did you want them to completely redesign it? Honestly, I say Halo 4’s Forge looks great the way it is.

  3. Almost everybody who has played the game says that it plays amazingly, very much like a Halo game should be. There’s nothing wrong with evolving Halo into something new.

  4. I don’t see the problem with this. Are you only against this idea because it’s similar to a feature in Call of Duty?

  5. We’ve only seen three maps so far, one of them which was a large vehicle map. There will obviously be other large vehicle maps, it would be extremely silly for there not to be. We’ve also seen one of the Forge World-style maps, it was quite big as well.

  6. I’m not going to use it much. According to many threads on these forums, a lot of people will be using different weapons as well. Let’s face facts, not everybody is obsessed with the BR.

  7. Nobody knows what’s going to happen with DLC playlists this time around. However, this problem was never an issue in Halo 3 since a lot of people bought the DLC. If Halo 4 is a great game, people will buy its DLC as well.

  8. Yes, you get Spartan Points every time you rank up, which you can then use to unlock loadout equipment.

  9. Once again, everybody who has played the game says that it works well. And in any other Halo game, the first thing you would do when you start a game is go to pick up a BR, Carbine DMR if you started out with an Assault Rifle, so letting people start with their choice of weapon just makes the gameplay that much faster.

  10. They aren’t doing that, I don’t know where you got that idea.

  11. I don’t see the issue here. However, it’s been confirmed that you will unlock armour in a variety of ways, not just through ranking up.

  12. There are ten chapters in Season 1, each with five episodes that are around 15 minutes long. This means that you’ll get approximately twelve hours of gameplay in Season 1. As for following seasons, even the guys and gals at 343 Industries haven’t figured out what’s happening with that.

> 1) sense it has 50 ranks. will the people that don’t play much be able to get to the max rank and get the extra stuff as well.
>
> 2) forge, to me it looks like a re skin of reach with more bells and shiney things.
>
> 3) making halo golden triangle, in to the golden tetrahedron how will that effect game play.
>
> 4) unlock emblems (that one is kinda copying cod, most of you guys got to say that)
>
> 5) map size. are they small and heavily CQC (close quarter combat) or will there be maps like forge world, spire, vahalla
>
> 6) over use of the BR, lets face it everyone and their grandmother wil be using that gun
>
> 7) dlc playlist. well sense i still play halo reach, and the last update was horrible. it took away the dlc playlist and added it to every playlist. which rarely comes up sense only around 250 people have all of the dlc. my worry is that they will do the same thing in halo 4 to low population playlist, which might mean the dlc playlist.
>
> 8) spartan points, how will they work?
>
> 9) loadouts i know i’m beating a dead horse here. but still im kinda worried about that. you can spawn with your favor base weapons, nads, and AA plus ( cant think of a better word, sorry but) and “perks”
>
> 10) making the pre order, Limited Edition, and CE day one DLC (only heard rummers but i hope they don’t)
>
> 11) unlock stuff by ranking up. im ok with the idea, but their is just to much stuff in that place, emblems, armor, skins, poses, and maybe stuff for your service tag as well.
>
> 12) spartan ops, well know session 1 is free with a new copy of the game, my question is how long will session be, how many chapter are in a session, and how much will a session cost?

  1. a fair point but the people who don’t play the game much don’t level up much, if you want to level up, play the game

  2. forge look awesome to me already four or five new awesome features and they did say in the presentation that the graphics are improved aswell as dynamic lighting and also they said the user interface for the demo was just a placeholder taken from reach and will NOT reflect the final halo 4 UI

  3. halo ce wasn’t exactly balanced and it was still fun to play and I think the “golden tetrahedron” will make for more complex and interesting gameplay

  4. yes but halo emblems first and I was expecting something like that anyway

  5. of course there are you can’t assume that yet but I’m sure there definetly be variation between the map size and combat including maps with flying vehicles obviously. And they did say there will be THREE forge world maps each with different themes.

  6. that was just because it is back and it was the first weapon they confirmed I’m sure the other weapons will soon be used equally and halo 4 is played

  7. that’s a fair point but more of a request than a complaint as I don’t think they’ve said anything about that yet

  8. spartan points are most likely exactly like credits (cR) just with a different name

  9. I guessing that you won’t be able to put power weapons in your load outs (at least from a low rank) as they drop as ordinance and plus they haven’t released details on what weapon you can unlock for your load out yet and I don’t mind the “perks” as they are only minor changes that give you slight advantage which I find useful and interesting

  10. It says that people with LE will get the map packs for free on release do your research

  11. well I like the idea of an ID card with poses which can show what your like rather than reach where everyone is standing exactly the same pose and I don’t see the probably with unlocking stuff as you level up. But I know what u mean in the sense of being able to choose what you want to unlock in reach but you don’t buy armor in halo 4, you unlock them like in halo 3. Spartan points are used for your load outs (maybe power weapons will be expensive)

  12. I’m confused with this actually as i was worried about having to buy the rest of the spartan ops but they keep saying that spartan ops is completely free but if not and only season 1 is free (which would suck) then you still get 10 weeks of 50 levels do that is still pretty amazing but I hope the rest of the 49 seasons are free as the people who don’t buy them will be missing out on 2450 levels of storyline and new gameplay

I hope I answered all your questions well and gave you a better understanding of halo 4 other than what everyone else has pointed out which is mostly correct :slight_smile:

> 2) forge, to me it looks like a re skin of reach with more bells and shiney things.
>
> 10) making the pre order, Limited Edition, and CE day one DLC (only heard rummers but i hope they don’t)
>
> 11) unlock stuff by ranking up. im ok with the idea, but their is just to much stuff in that place, emblems, armor, skins, poses, and maybe stuff for your service tag as well.
>
> 12) spartan ops, well know session 1 is free with a new copy of the game, my question is how long will session be, how many chapter are in a session, and how much will a session cost?

  1. The forge is an evolutionary change of H:R Forge 2.0, it’s in the same Engine. There’s a principle in tech development called “Tic Toc”: each “Tic” is a large change and is usually a revolutionary way of doing things, each “Toc” is change to the “Tic” for example the Intel “Sandybridge” (Tic) to the Intel “Ivybridge” (Toc) processors. Or Apples “Lion” and “Mountain Lion” operating system.

  2. They aren’t “day one” DLC, it’s a pass for the future releases of maps, these maps don’t yet exist. When you buy the LE you are buying the right to download those future releases for free; or another way of thinking about it is you’ve already paid for those maps.

  3. You’re complaining that there is too much content to unlock? Oh 343i, please don’t give us too much content, because surely that is a bad thing right? (/sarcasm)

  4. Season 1 is 50 missions over 10 weeks, one per week day I believe. We have no information to go on regarding pricing of future seasons, some believe even they should be free but I firmly and wholeheartedly disagree; if 343i can show that episodic gaming in a season can be profitable it could change the way some future games are delivered and new paradigms of gaming could emerge. (like what Valve tried to do with HL2:Episodes)