Hemorrhage needs these classic CE fixes

1. In CTF flag carriers should be able to drive

In CE it made CTF matches fast paced and intense. Most people play ctf as singles and any teamwork is generally coincidental or shortlived. This fix will allow one man to make a difference.

1. Bases should have 2 shotguns on 30 second respawns with multiples to be allowed on the map.

As it is now there are 2 shotties allowed on the map at one time. What results is some guy crouching with camo and shotgun and getting easy kills vs invaders armed with ARs or DMRs. If shotguns were plentiful like in CE invaders could fight defenders on equal footing becuase they would be able to pick up and bring with them shotguns form their base. This would make CQB inside bases equal and not so pro camper.

1. 4 frags should be present in front of the teleporter on 15 or 30 second respawn. this is to prevent shotgun campers. It worked great in CE.

4)Plasma launcher AKA blueberries should be removed and fuel rod and rockets should be put in their place like in CE PC

As it is now plasma launcher is a free vehicle kill. It takes 0 skill and easily wipes out any vehicle. This plus camo is even more exacerbated. Fuel Rod and rockets would be skillful and rewarding alternative that could also reward map control to storm bases and counter shotgun campers.

1. Sword should be in water cave.

This would take the place of flamethrower in CE. Its just something interesting that IMO would be an OK add.

6)Rocks removed near teleporter would allow for center map foot movement.

As it stands now foot movement in the center is stifled not by vehicles so much but rather people who camp the rocks with DMR and simply put shots on anyone who tries to move up the middle.

Thoughts ? Criticism? Anyone who played lots of CE MP who actually disagrees with these changes?

1. No. There are too many vehicles spawning around a base for that. There’s always at least one, so the flag carrier can easily get home again. In H:CE, however, there were far less vehicles which is why it was ok that the flag carrier could drive.

2. No. This would have the complete opposite result of what you propose. Instead of one guy camping in his base with the shotgun (I prefer to call it “defending”, but whatever) you’d now have two taking turns picking up the freshly spawned shotgun(s).

3. Indifferent. Though a good “shotgun camper”, aka. defender, won’t bother.

4. Replace plasma launcher with rocket launcher? Yes. Add FRG as well? No. Where would you put it so that it’s equally easy/hard for both teams to get? Besides, the FRG on Blood Gulch in H:PC upset the whole balance.

5. No. Easier to reach for one team than the other, thus unbalanced. Besides, you’d know have two defenders in the base; one with shotgun, one with sword.

6. No. The main purpose of the rocks is to provide at least some cover against the horde of vehicles dominating the map. Besides, you don’t need the rocks to successfully camp and take out people trying to make it across the map on foot.

I actually am working on a hemorrhage v2. It makes some visual changes to help feel more like BG and it changes some weapon/vehicle spawns. I will post it here for feedback this week.
Cant do anything about the other things though…so…yea.

> 1. No. There are too many vehicles spawning around a base for that. There’s always at least one, so the flag carrier can easily get home again. In H:CE, however, there were far less vehicles which is why it was ok that the flag carrier could drive.
>
> 2. No. This would have the complete opposite result of what you propose. Instead of one guy camping in his base with the shotgun (I prefer to call it “defending”, but whatever) you’d now have two taking turns picking up the freshly spawned shotgun(s).
>
> 3. Indifferent. Though a good “shotgun camper”, aka. defender, won’t bother.
>
> 4. Replace plasma launcher with rocket launcher? Yes. Add FRG as well? No. Where would you put it so that it’s equally easy/hard for both teams to get? Besides, the FRG on Blood Gulch in H:PC upset the whole balance.
>
> 5. No. Easier to reach for one team than the other, thus unbalanced. Besides, you’d know have two defenders in the base; one with shotgun, one with sword.
>
> 6. No. The main purpose of the rocks is to provide at least some cover against the horde of vehicles dominating the map. Besides, you don’t need the rocks to successfully camp and take out people trying to make it across the map on foot.

You’re assuming that the vehicle layout will remain the same. Most likely they will change it to the original warthog-only layout if they incorporate the map into the classic playlist.

I agree wholeheartedly with all of OP’s points. Hemorrhage as it is now does not feel like classic Halo whatsoever, and these changes will instantly bring back that nostalgic feel that it should have.

I dont agree in particular with shotgun.

There also needs to be a Scorpion and a Banshee

> There also needs to be a Scorpion and a Banshee

YES! Bring them back! I would actually like to see a Coagulation variant which replaces the Blood Gulch style bases with the Coagulation versions. That way they can put the Banshee inside where it belongs. There are versions like that already made by talented Forgers, we just need them added to MM.