Helpful Hints Series: Stayin' Alive

Arena can be a real meatgrinder. Post below any useful tips and tricks to enhance survivability in the playlists.

Here’s a Noob-level bit of info from crusty ol’ Magnyss:
Don’t reload your weapon immediately after making a kill. It’s a bad habit I got into early on, and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been poned while cramming that mag in. Especially with higher capacity weapons like the AR or BR, wait until you are on the move, have cover, or are in shield recharge.

Get a feel for how quickly loadout weapons empty on full throttle, and adjust backwards to the dynamics of each encounter.

The enemy bullets are the main thing that’ll kill you, but did you also know that they have bombs and fists that can kill you just as dead?

1. Be aware of your surroundings and teammates. Sprinting blindly around corners or away from your teammates WILL get you killed.
  2. Halo is not about who gets the most perfects, instead the team who shoots together, wins together.
  3. Is your accuracy suffering? Try out octagon. Spend half an hour every day in there with friends and I guarantee you will improve.
  4. Control power ups and weapons. Power ups spawn 2 mins from when the last activation animation finishes. Weapon pads tell you when they spawn (every, 3 min for snipers and 2 min for everything else) and secondary power weapons respawn 10 secs from when they despawn. Controlling power ups and weapons is critical for success.
  5. Learn how to control the maps. This is critical, especially on maps like the rig where there are 2 different power positions depending on whether you’re playing slayer or strongholds.

Interesting…

> 2533274857915830;3:
> 1. Be aware of your surroundings and teammates. Sprinting blindly around corners or away from your teammates WILL get you killed.
> 2. Halo is not about who gets the most perfects, instead the team who shoots together, wins together.
> 3. Is your accuracy suffering? Try out octagon. Spend half an hour every day in there with friends and I guarantee you will improve.
> 4. Control power ups and weapons. Power ups spawn 2 mins from when the last activation animation finishes. Weapon pads tell you when they spawn (every, 3 min for snipers and 2 min for everything else) and secondary power weapons respawn 10 secs from when they despawn. Controlling power ups and weapons is critical for success.
> 5. Learn how to control the maps. This is critical, especially on maps like the rig where there are 2 different power positions depending on whether you’re playing slayer or strongholds.

Interesting…what is this mighty ‘octagon’ you speak of?

I haz best tipz :

• Don’t die - Make sure that the enemy dies better than you - If you die, try to not die again - If your teammates die, tell them not to die:)

> 2533274808210415;2:
> The enemy bullets are the main thing that’ll kill you, but did you also know that they have bombs and fists that can kill you just as dead?

Woww…hey, what if they had KNIVES, too…and they could sneak up behind you and stick you with 'em? That would be sooper-dooper awesome.

Octagon is a custom map in the shape of an octagon. Players spawn in with pistols and snipers typically and shoot it out until a certain number of kills is reached or a time cap is reached. Feel free to bookmark the map RTSN: Octagon from my bookmarks and the mode octagon from my files. Try to play with people better than you, it will help you massively.

> 2533274857915830;7:
> Octagon is a custom map in the shape of an octagon. Players spawn in with pistols and snipers typically and shoot it out until a certain number of kills is reached or a time cap is reached. Feel free to bookmark the map RTSN: Octagon from my bookmarks and the mode octagon from my files. Try to play with people better than you, it will help you massively.

Appreciate the resource!

> 2533274844346441;8:
> > 2533274857915830;7:
> > Octagon is a custom map in the shape of an octagon. Players spawn in with pistols and snipers typically and shoot it out until a certain number of kills is reached or a time cap is reached. Feel free to bookmark the map RTSN: Octagon from my bookmarks and the mode octagon from my files. Try to play with people better than you, it will help you massively.
>
>
> Appreciate the resource!

Sure thing man, good luck.

> 2533274808386392;5:
> I haz best tipz :
>
>
>
> - Don’t die
> - Make sure that the enemy dies better than you
> - If you die, try to not die again
> - If your teammates die, tell them not to die
> :slight_smile:

Oh, and I have some:

• If the enemies die, tell them to keep dying
  • if your crosshair is on the bad guy, you can press the trigger to shoot at them. It kinda helps to do that.