HELP!!! PROTECTOR ARMOR GLITCH

I just got Protector Armor, but when I use it in game I can see a visor. The visors belong to other helmets, for example sometimes there is a Rogue visor on it, sometimes there is a Ranger visor on it. What is happening, can I fix it myself or do I have to get this to 343 to fix the glitch.

I’m not a hacker and I don’t mod or do anything like that

Are you able to provide more information on this or screenshots so we can see exactly what you’re seeing?

I can verify this, and here’s a YouTube video (not mine) of this happening. On this video it looks like an Air Assault visor, but I usually end up getting something else that I can’t really identify. Once I’m able to get on Halo 4 later today I’ll put some screenshots on my File Share.

I’ve researched this issue briefly and it appears that it is a glitch that originated around the release of the Champion’s DLC or the update around that time. Thank you so much for acknowledging this bug; I was afraid that this would go unnoticed!

Ok, I put three pictures on my File Share showing the Protector helmet glitch. Keep in mind that all three of these pictures are from the same game. Every time I respawned, the random visor changed to something else. That’s why the visors are different in different pictures.

Something particularly interesting is related to the second picture. It features two Spartans. The one on the left is me, and the one on the right is a hologram I made. Notice that our visors are different even though hologram is supposed to be an exact replica of my Spartan. So while I have a completely random visor, my hologram’s visor is not related to mine.

Something else I wanted to point out is that some people claim that certain visors appear more than others. I believe that all visors are just as likely to show up, but certain visors just aren’t long enough to be visible. For example, in the picture titled “Protector Glitch3” the visor is barely visible, but in the other two screenshots the visor is much more evident. Therefore, I think that some visors protrude even less than the visor in “Protector Glitch3” so you can’t really see them. People just notice the obvious ones like the Rogue helmet and say that it shows up more.

Thank you for reading my little rant here and please message me or reply to this thread if you need any more questions answered. I would be ecstatic if this glitch is resolved!

I got this same problem, lol this May sound weird but it throws off my mojo.

Something I forgot to mention was that the screenshots were taken from an online War Games experience. I did not test to see if the random visors would appear in Custom Games or Spartan Ops.

Also, this is a confirmed bug for the basic Protector helmet, but has not been verified for the Protector DRIFT helmet (at least by me). I have not unlocked the Protector DRIFT helmet, so I can not verify that the bug occurs with both versions of the helmet.

It happens with both i have them.

Just a thought but isnt the “visor color” the same as what you have set as your visor color in the armor screen?
I know Protector does not use a visor was just a thought that perhaps thats the 1 being seen?

> It happens with both i have them.

Sorry I thought Protector Drift was for TOTAL WEAPON MASTERY?
As you clearly do not have that in fact you should not even have Protector according to your Halo 4 medals right here on Waypoint…

https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/Vector%20Supreme/wargames/Medals

> > It happens with both i have them.
>
> Sorry I thought Protector Drift was for TOTAL WEAPON MASTERY?
> As you clearly do not have that in fact you should not even have Protector according to your Halo 4 medals right here on Waypoint…
>
> https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/Vector%20Supreme/wargames/Medals

True, but I think that his Service Record just hasn’t updated. After all, he is wearing the basic Protector helmet which requires UNSC Loadout Mastery, but according to his Service Record he didn’t even unlock that. But there’s no way for him to wear the Protector without the UNSC Loadout Mastery, so it must not be up to date. So unless he’s modifying his game, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

In relation to your other post, yes, the random Protector visor color is influenced by what you have selected for your armor customization.

All things considered, this issue does make some pretty BA variants.

error : 505

> > > > It happens with both i have them.
> > >
> > > Sorry I thought Protector Drift was for TOTAL WEAPON MASTERY?
> > > As you clearly do not have that in fact you should not even have Protector according to your Halo 4 medals right here on Waypoint…
> > >
> > > https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/Vector%20Supreme/wargames/Medals
> >
> > True, but I think that his Service Record just hasn’t updated. After all, he is wearing the basic Protector helmet which requires UNSC Loadout Mastery, but according to his Service Record he didn’t even unlock that. But there’s no way for him to wear the Protector without the UNSC Loadout Mastery, so it must not be up to date. So unless he’s modifying his game, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.
> >
> > In relation to your other post, yes, the random Protector visor color is influenced by what you have selected for your armor customization.
>
> Stat Tracker says it a lot clearer & updates automatically…
>
> he still needs:
> Carbine, dmr, magnum, scattershot, lightrifle, incineration canon, railgun, binary rifle, spartan laser, grav hammer, beam rifle, fuel rod, plasma nade, suppressor, storm rifle, concussion rifle, needler, pulse nade, energy sword & plasma pistol to max out!
>
> So just how is he wearing Protector & how does he have Protector drift, not forgetting he has the Believe stance also?

> > > > > It happens with both i have them.
> > > >
> > > > Sorry I thought Protector Drift was for TOTAL WEAPON MASTERY?
> > > > As you clearly do not have that in fact you should not even have Protector according to your Halo 4 medals right here on Waypoint…
> > > >
> > > > https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/Vector%20Supreme/wargames/Medals
> > >
> > > True, but I think that his Service Record just hasn’t updated. After all, he is wearing the basic Protector helmet which requires UNSC Loadout Mastery, but according to his Service Record he didn’t even unlock that. But there’s no way for him to wear the Protector without the UNSC Loadout Mastery, so it must not be up to date. So unless he’s modifying his game, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.
> > >
> > > In relation to your other post, yes, the random Protector visor color is influenced by what you have selected for your armor customization.
> >
> > Stat Tracker says it a lot clearer & updates automatically…
> >
> > he still needs:
> > Carbine, dmr, magnum, scattershot, lightrifle, incineration canon, railgun, binary rifle, spartan laser, grav hammer, beam rifle, fuel rod, plasma nade, suppressor, storm rifle, concussion rifle, needler, pulse nade, energy sword & plasma pistol to max out!
> >
> > So just how is he wearing Protector & how does he have Protector drift, not forgetting he has the Believe stance also?

Yea i see what your saying my stuff is all jacked up i guess it needs updating, but we are getting besides the point here. The helmet needs fixing, i thought it was fix in this recent match making but sadly not.

I kind of wish that the Forum Team would post some kind of recognition that they read and understand the problem. I wrote all of the above information with the hopes that this bug would be acknowledged by 343, since they asked for specifics.

> I kind of wish that the Forum Team would post some kind of recognition that they read and understand the problem. I wrote all of the above information with the hopes that this bug would be acknowledged by 343, since they asked for specifics.

This has been a problem for a while now & they should be aware of it as there have been several post of this in the HALO 4 forum…

> > > > > > It happens with both i have them.
> > > > >
> > > > > Sorry I thought Protector Drift was for TOTAL WEAPON MASTERY?
> > > > > As you clearly do not have that in fact you should not even have Protector according to your Halo 4 medals right here on Waypoint…
> > > > >
> > > > > https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/Vector%20Supreme/wargames/Medals
> > > >
> > > > True, but I think that his Service Record just hasn’t updated. After all, he is wearing the basic Protector helmet which requires UNSC Loadout Mastery, but according to his Service Record he didn’t even unlock that. But there’s no way for him to wear the Protector without the UNSC Loadout Mastery, so it must not be up to date. So unless he’s modifying his game, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.
> > > >
> > > > In relation to your other post, yes, the random Protector visor color is influenced by what you have selected for your armor customization.
> > >
> > > Stat Tracker says it a lot clearer & updates automatically…
> > >
> > > he still needs:
> > > Carbine, dmr, magnum, scattershot, lightrifle, incineration canon, railgun, binary rifle, spartan laser, grav hammer, beam rifle, fuel rod, plasma nade, suppressor, storm rifle, concussion rifle, needler, pulse nade, energy sword & plasma pistol to max out!
> > >
> > > So just how is he wearing Protector & how does he have Protector drift, not forgetting he has the Believe stance also?
>
> Yea i see what your saying my stuff is all jacked up i guess it needs updating, but we are getting besides the point here. The helmet needs fixing, i thought it was fix in this recent match making but sadly not.

You say your stats are all messed up yet it shows all your recent game history! Strange how that is upto date yet your medals etc are not!

On HALO 4 Stat Tracker it updates automatically plus you can request it to update, which I did on your profile & it is upto date as of 3 hours ago!

You have over 24k kills hmmm 8 of the loadout weapons alone would require over 15k kills not even thinking of nades & ordnance also!

You my good sir are 1 hell of an amazing shot to unlock protector drift with less than 25k kills!

Lol, we can play a game if you want and i can show you my “good shot”. But if it helps you sleep at night you can report me or what ever…

> Lol, we can play a game if you want and i can show you my “good shot”. But if it helps you sleep at night you can report me or what ever…

I am always to be found in the Grifball courts…

I shouldnt have to report you for anything you are in a 343 higlighted post which a 343 admin has noted so he/she should be able to work out how you have protector drift with 21 weapons not maxed out!

> > Lol, we can play a game if you want and i can show you my “good shot”. But if it helps you sleep at night you can report me or what ever…
>
> I am always to be found in the Grifball courts…
>
> I shouldnt have to report you for anything you are in a 343 higlighted post which a 343 admin has noted so he/she should be able to work out how you have protector drift with 21 weapons not maxed out!

Lol you did all that calling me out and didn’t even report… Fine by me have a nice one sir.