Help needed with scripting a Skeeball minigame

I’m working on a Skeeball minigame and all I need is for the ball to activate the hole that it goes into. The idea is; there 7 “scoring holes” (Scrip brains with a defined boundary), and 1 ball that respawns at it’s starting location after it successfully enters a scoring hole. I don’t want to use the Ball Spawn object that’s used in Grifball. Instead, I want to use the Ball [only] object. I also don’t want for the “defend”, “ball”, or any other waypoint to appear during the game, if that’s possible. The scoring setup I have is this: (1) 10 points, (1) 25 point, (1) 50 points, (1) 75 points, (1) 100 points, and (2) 150 points. I already have everything built, I just can’t figure out the scripting. I want to create both a free-for-all variant and a multi-team variant. I want the free-for-all game type to be 300 points to win and the team game type to be 1,000 points to win. I’ll probably play around with the amount of points needed to win on both game types though.

The score holes:
Script Brain [Colorable] - Boundary: Cylinder, Show: On, Radius: 1.00, Top: 2.00, Bottom: 0.50
Scripting and (or) Labels needed.

The ball:
Ball [only] - No boundary
Scripting and (or) Labels needed

I’m online a lot so if you want, send a friend request and a message if you want to help me with this minigame. You can usually catch me playing Friday - Mon

Cool idea, but you might wanna try the recruiting section, or the community creations section.

I tryed playing around with the script stuff once, but I didn’t have the patience lol

This is the right place to ask that question, but the Forge Discussion board on Forgehub.com is likely more promising. I’m curious why you’re using a throwable ball for Skeeball? Seems to me that launching a soccer ball or golf ball off of a ramp would be more true to the game. Once someone figured out the trajectory for 150 points they would just repeatedly do that since the player throws the ball the same exact distance with each throw. At this point I’m guessing that there’s already a Skeeball minigame, have you looked to see and make sure that yours would be better?

> 2533274794242693;3:
> This is the right place to ask that question, but the Forge Discussion board on Forgehub.com is likely more promising. I’m curious why you’re using a throwable ball for Skeeball? Seems to me that launching a soccer ball or golf ball off of a ramp would be more true to the game. Once someone figured out the trajectory for 150 points they would just repeatedly do that since the player throws the ball the same exact distance with each throw. At this point I’m guessing that there’s already a Skeeball minigame, have you looked to see and make sure that yours would be better?

I’ve actually figured out how to get it to work. If you want, join my forge session so you can check it out. It works really well so far.

Here’s what a single table looks like. https://www.forgehub.com/maps/skeeball-arcade.4763/ The download link no longer works though, once I’m done with everything I’ll update it.
send me a message through Xbox to join my session. I’m on most of the time. I’ll be on today as well.

So, I was working on this map with my laptop. I decided to open it up on my Xbox and now the map lags pretty bad. All the tables are grouped for some reason. Good thing I have everything as a prefab. I tried ungrouping everything and halo closed on me. started recovery, everything is ungrouped but now the ball lags when thrown.

The map does look nice, but that wasn’t my concern. How does the player control how high/far the ball goes? I think you have a fundamental problem with the throwing aspect because the player has no control over how hard they throw the ball, which is why I would recommend approaching the ball aspect in a different way. I don’t even work on my own maps anymore since I refuse to deal with the rampant bugs/problems in this game, so sorry but I won’t be checking it out or playing anytime soon.

> 2533274794242693;6:
> The map does look nice, but that wasn’t my concern. How does the player control how high/far the ball goes? I think you have a fundamental problem with the throwing aspect because the player has no control over how hard they throw the ball, which is why I would recommend approaching the ball aspect in a different way. I don’t even work on my own maps anymore since I refuse to deal with the rampant bugs/problems in this game, so sorry but I won’t be checking it out or playing anytime soon.

The ball has to be thrown onto the ramp to be able to even go onto to any of the holes and will always end up going into a different spot depending where you throw the ball onto the ramp. I’ve mad it into each of the holes from throwing this way. The shield in front of the scoring rings prevents people from just throwing the ball directly into them. There are gravity slides that push the ball under the shield. And inside, there’s a gravity bouncer that acts like a bumper in a pinball machine. It’s very difficult to get the same result every time. Overall, the game works. I just need to set everything up so that the game isn’t lagging with multiple tables in the map.