Help me pLeaSE! (Welding with Wasps)

I am making a linear infection map called: “Survive The Convoy”
In one part, I want to have a player-controlled helicopter that provides air support for the convoy on the ground, but the driver cannot shoot, only the gunner can.

The problem is that whenever I make a welded vehicle that uses the wasp, the swaying motion that the wasp already has amplifies, so basically it moves back and forth constantly with no way to stop it.

I have only found one welded vehicle that uses the wasp effectively, and it is very small. If anyone knows how to make a welded vehicle with a wasp, that doesn’t sway to the right and left, please tell me, and my map will be a lot more fun!

I’ll be sure to credit whoever provides help in the map description.

You may want to try the Phaeton instead of the wasp. The center of gravity on the wasp is like 10 feet below it? I forget but Forge labs had some mentions on this exact same thing, can’t find the video sorry!

> 2535433146851233;1:
> I am making a linear infection map called: “Survive The Convoy”
> In one part, I want to have a player-controlled helicopter that provides air support for the convoy on the ground, but the driver cannot shoot, only the gunner can.
>
> The problem is that whenever I make a welded vehicle that uses the wasp, the swaying motion that the wasp already has amplifies, so basically it moves back and forth constantly with no way to stop it.
>
> I have only found one welded vehicle that uses the wasp effectively, and it is very small. If anyone knows how to make a welded vehicle with a wasp, that doesn’t sway to the right and left, please tell me, and my map will be a lot more fun!
>
> I’ll be sure to credit whoever provides help in the map description.

The wasp is terrible for making anything serious (that’s why the “moon lander” is so fun) but if you want to weld anything that flies using a wasp will almost never work. If you really want to make a “helicopter” where only the gunner can shoot then use a Phaeton (cover everything up to prevent it from shooting and tell the pilot he can’t evade) and have something like a turret on the side or something, then just make it look like a helicopter. Pro tip: be careful welding two vehicles(turrets too) together as it can throw off the center of mass, or make the creation look like -Yoink-.
Have fun Forgeing.

I don’t know in what world the Phaeton is better for Welding than the Wasp; I’d suggest not recommending that to other people as it’s entirely inaccurate. I was taught by weldmaster SplinterBL himself to use a Wasp over Phaeton every single time.

Make your vehicle, save it as a prefab, and make it visible. Message me on xbl, b0b is here, zero in b0b, so I can have your gt; include the name of the fab and I’ll do it for you. Wasps are incredibly easy to weld. You just have to know how to find the center point of mass in any object where welding will be attempted while it’s the parent object.

> 2533274831077797;4:
> I don’t know in what world the Phaeton is better for Welding than the Wasp; I’d suggest not recommending that to other people as it’s entirely inaccurate. I was taught by weldmaster SplinterBL himself to use a Wasp over Phaeton every single time.
>
> Make your vehicle, save it as a prefab, and make it visible. Message me on xbl, b0b is here, zero in b0b, so I can have your gt; include the name of the fab and I’ll do it for you. Wasps are incredibly easy to weld. You just have to know how to find the center point of mass in any object where welding will be attempted while it’s the parent object.

Wow, thanks!

I’ll be sure to message you when im done in school today

> 2535433146851233;6:
> I’ll be sure to message you when im done in school today

Hit me up again if by chance you have already. I can’t seen to find our convo :frowning:

> 2533274831077797;7:
> > 2535433146851233;6:
> > I’ll be sure to message you when im done in school today
>
> Hit me up again if by chance you have already. I can’t seen to find our convo :frowning:

So sorry! I forgot! I’ll message you today.