Help me please! (Forge help!)

(TLDR; The scripts on my map are not working at all. Some objects even move without having any scripts at all.

Alright so here’s the scenario. I’m forging a Forerunner-themed extending/retracting bridge. It extends at the toggle of a button, and retracts at the toggle of a button. If you need a visual aid, i got the idea from the following youtube link: Forerunner. Anyways, mine is visually a bit different, but it functions very similarly. To make my bridge, I used 6 half rings, which i duplicated and then welded together to make 6 whole rings that extend with the bridge. The actual bridge path is made up of 3 shielded Glass pieces that extend (at different lengths) to give the appearance of the light bridge forming.

Now after creating my bridge one day, it worked fine. I had no issues. I saved my map and turned my game off for the day. Well now, when i load up the map, all sorts of glitches are causing my map to freak out every time i toggle the button. Problem number 1 is that all the rings, despite being welded together, do not move as one piece, and do not move the same distance. Also, some of the rings are not moving the distance that I specified. Problem number 2 is The glass bridges are also not moving the distances that I specified. Problem number 3 is pieces of my map which have NO SCRIPTS AT ALL are moving when i toggle the switch.

Do any experts out here have any insight on this issue? I can provide pictures if i need to, but i dont know how to post photos here.

> 2533274813911920;1:
> (TLDR; The scripts on my map are not working at all. Some objects even move without having any scripts at all.
>
> Alright so here’s the scenario. I’m forging a Forerunner-themed extending/retracting bridge. It extends at the toggle of a button, and retracts at the toggle of a button. If you need a visual aid, i got the idea from the following youtube link: Forerunner. Anyways, mine is visually a bit different, but it functions very similarly. To make my bridge, I used 6 half rings, which i duplicated and then welded together to make 6 whole rings that extend with the bridge. The actual bridge path is made up of 3 shielded Glass pieces that extend (at different lengths) to give the appearance of the light bridge forming.
>
> Now after creating my bridge one day, it worked fine. I had no issues. I saved my map and turned my game off for the day. Well now, when i load up the map, all sorts of glitches are causing my map to freak out every time i toggle the button. Problem number 1 is that all the rings, despite being welded together, do not move as one piece, and do not move the same distance. Also, some of the rings are not moving the distance that I specified. Problem number 2 is The glass bridges are also not moving the distances that I specified. Problem number 3 is pieces of my map which have NO SCRIPTS AT ALL are moving when i toggle the switch.
>
> Do any experts out here have any insight on this issue? I can provide pictures if i need to, but i dont know how to post photos here.

There’s a nasty scripting bug ruining people’s maps that 343 doesn’t feel compelled to hot fix. If you delete an object with multiple scripts on it, then the script budget doesn’t go down and the scripts remain active (phantom scripts). Based on what you’re describing I’m guessing this is causing issues on your map. Until patched, it’s best to remove scripts prior to deleting the object. You may need to start over, otherwise if you can use different channels and different scripted objects then you might be able to salvage your map. I informed 343 of the issue about a month ago and they chose not to do anything about it, which is insulting to the forging community.