Help me improve at Halo Reach

I want to improve at halo reach. Things i want to improve on are stuff like map movement/map awareness, my dmr shots, teamshooting, etc. I recorded a gameplay and put it on youtube. Also, I don’t always have this kind of gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v060Qy9vDkc&feature=channe l_video_title

Your video demonstrates some good gameplay. I admire your patience with the sniper and taking shots only when you knew you could hit. You’re also patient with your DMR. Your first death at 3:24 was caused by a lack of awareness. The Jetpacker caught you off guard, and you didn’t seem to be watching your motion tracker too carefully.

On your second death at 3:54, I have to question why you picked up the Needler. You could have gotten an easy headshot on the guy you just meleed if you had the pistol out. A Jetpacker got you again. I would say this time it’s because you were out in the open. It might have been smarter not to pursue the Jetpacker at 3:47. Your opening of the game was played very smart because you hung back with the sniper by lots of cover. Here you risked yourself.

At 4:24, I think you panicked. You had full shields when the Plasma Pistol hit your opponent, and you had none by the time you landed the headshot. You survived anyways, but waiting an extra half second to line up a shot could have made for a less sticky situation.

I don’t think there was anything you could have done at 5:50. You had three guys coming at you and you did really well considering. In hindsight, I would have vacated the area and retreated to base once I spotted the Sword guy at 5:16. But hindsights’ 20/20 and all that.

You do an awesome job with the Needler after that. However, you ran out into the wide open at 7:18, and that was pretty much asking for death. At 9:21, you emerge from cover with very low shields. At 9:41, the only way you could have seen that coming was if you noticed the few blips on your motion tracker beforehand. At 9:50, you were caught off guard again. I did spot that Blue from around the corner as you were sprinting ahead, but it’s probably something I would have missed in gameplay.

Overall, this was some very good gameplay. Admittedly, Asylum isn’t the best map to provide criticisms on map movement. If I had to give you a few tips, it would be:

1. Watch your motion tracker more.
  2. Keep listening for jetpackers.
  3. Aim your grenades a little higher (most of them fell short in the video)
  4. Don’t needlessly pursue enemies out into the open.

> I want to improve at halo reach. Things i want to improve on are stuff like map movement/map awareness, my dmr shots, teamshooting, etc. I recorded a gameplay and put it on youtube. Also, I don’t always have this kind of gameplay.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v060Qy9vDkc&feature=channe l_video_title

If you want to improve at a competitive level, watch pro commentaries on YouTube, or past MLG tournaments. All MLG tournament games are available on demand at www.mlgpro.com, they’re really helpful if you want to improve and better understand map and weapon control, as well as communication!

> > I want to improve at halo reach. Things i want to improve on are stuff like map movement/map awareness, my dmr shots, teamshooting, etc. I recorded a gameplay and put it on youtube. Also, I don’t always have this kind of gameplay.
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v060Qy9vDkc&feature=channe l_video_title
>
> If you want to improve at a competitive level, watch pro commentaries on YouTube, or past MLG tournaments. All MLG tournament games are available on demand at www.mlgpro.com, they’re really helpful if you want to improve and better understand map and weapon control, as well as communication!

Yeah… make sure to catch some Instinct gameplay. I mean, lots of what makes them good is their awesome teamwork. And that doesn’t exactly help in the area of PERSONAL improvement. But all the players on that team are top grade Reach players and there is definitely something for everyone to learn from watching their tournament footage.

Thanks for the great advise. Im gonna rewatch my gameplay while looking at the things you wrote :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m also gonna start watching more of instinct’s gameplay. I agree, they have very good teamwork, they’re always cleaning up their teammates kills.