Help, Im new

Hello I just got Halo Wars 2 like 5 days ago and this game is just annoying. I usually like early in the game, and its like really frustrating. I mean I try to be quick like gather resources get the power nodes, upgrade to tech 2 but nothin aint workin, The person (or people) always seem to like have heaps of more resources and troops. If I can maybe get some like solid tips, leader suggestions that’d be great.

Easiest way to learn imo is to watch some pros on YouTube to get a sense of build orders

> 2533274850800423;1:
> Hello I just got Halo Wars 2 like 5 days ago and this game is just annoying. I usually like early in the game, and its like really frustrating. I mean I try to be quick like gather resources get the power nodes, upgrade to tech 2 but nothin aint workin, The person (or people) always seem to like have heaps of more resources and troops. If I can maybe get some like solid tips, leader suggestions that’d be great.

What leaders do you like playing? I could provide some leader specific advice so that way you play who you like.

Looking at your game history and build order, i think you are simply being outmatched.
The same seems to happen to most new players - and it happened to me as well.
Most of the defeats you have had - have been very unfair games.
Some with unranked players on your team and champion players on the other.
3 gold players vs 3 platinum ones and so on.

My worst mismatch was me + 2 unranked players against 3 champions :smiley:
Your build order seems more or less average.

My only tip is not to build another outpost/base until you have a decent army that can defend the base.
I see many “noobs” build an extra base…or even 2 bases, without having any units at all.
Make it a general rule to have at least as many units as your enemies. If you scout and see the enemy has built 5 units - get 5 units as well.

> 2535434833453854;4:
> Looking at your game history and build order, i think you are simply being outmatched.
> The same seems to happen to most new players - and it happened to me as well.
> Most of the defeats you have had - have been very unfair games.
> Some with unranked players on your team and champion players on the other.
> 3 gold players vs 3 platinum ones and so on.
>
> My worst mismatch was me + 2 unranked players against 3 champions :smiley:
> Your build order seems more or less average.
>
> My only tip is not to build another outpost/base until you have a decent army that can defend the base.
> I see many “noobs” build an extra base…or even 2 bases, without having any units at all.
> Make it a general rule to have at least as many units as your enemies. If you scout and see the enemy has built 5 units - get 5 units as well.

This made me feel alot better lmao. Thanks man I’ll try, hopefully I dont get outmatched as much.

> 2533274927740213;3:
> > 2533274850800423;1:
> > Hello I just got Halo Wars 2 like 5 days ago and this game is just annoying. I usually like early in the game, and its like really frustrating. I mean I try to be quick like gather resources get the power nodes, upgrade to tech 2 but nothin aint workin, The person (or people) always seem to like have heaps of more resources and troops. If I can maybe get some like solid tips, leader suggestions that’d be great.
>
> What leaders do you like playing? I could provide some leader specific advice so that way you play who you like.

I like to use Johnson a lot, I like using his mechs. I also like using Anders and am thinking about trying Forge too.If u can give me a Covenant leader suggestion too thatd be appreciated.

Decimus is pretty forgiving for someone new, forge has a leader power passive that can help you if you are struggling with your economy.

If you are only playing 3v3’s then unfortunately there’s only so much you can do yourself. It relies on your teammates heavily, plus there are so many leader powers it can get a bit crazy.

My advice to practice would be to have a few skirmish v ai games and then jump into some 1v1 matches. Even if you lose you can get a better sense of what they did to win and what works for you.

For 3v3 I would recommend playing as Atriox and making his chosen early and upgrading it early for tech 1, also go for fortifications as his early leader powers. Also for other defenses you can build turret around his base as they are cheap with fortifications and then spam choppers as they are good for killing opposing hero’s early on (use there ram to stun) and cost little power so you can tech up. For tech 2 with fortifications your shield generator is cheap so you can build that early and for units I recommend going vehicles as your focus. Marauders crush marines and 4-5 reavers usually usually clean up aggressive air pushes. On your second base you can also build and apex and another foundry this way you can pump vehicles with one and then upgrade the vehicles with the other. The apex is used to make engineers which are always good even without upgrades (until very late in the game). Also upgrade your chosen as he is amazing hero and also upgrade your base defense as it is quite cheap with fortifications. For tech three just more of the same just switch mauraders for wraiths and start upgrading your air.Leader power ordering
fortifications x2
bulwark
glassing beam
eradication
glassing beam 2
bulwark 2
bulwark 3
Invincibility