Help: How do you score lots of points in Halo Wars multiplayer?

Hi

I won a multiplayer game yesterday as my opponent and I both saved up for scarabs and I managed to build one first.

It was pretty close but I was dissapointed to see I only got 600+ points at the end of the game. My opponent even scored more than me placing me 2nd in the post game stats even though it said I was victorious.

I’ve seen some opponents score 10,000+ points when they’ve beaten me before.

How do you score points in Halo Wars multiplayer?

I’m guessing destroying units and winning helps a lot, but does anyone have any more detail than this?

You need 960,000 pts to reach General. That’s going to take me ages if I score so low all the time.

Many thanks in advance for any information.

> Hi
>
> I won a multiplayer game yesterday as my opponent and I both saved up for scarabs and I managed to build one first.
>
> It was pretty close but I was dissapointed to see I only got 600+ points at the end of the game. My opponent even scored more than me placing me 2nd in the post game stats even though it said I was victorious.
>
> I’ve seen some opponents score 10,000+ points when they’ve beaten me before.
>
> How do you score points in Halo Wars multiplayer?
>
> I’m guessing destroying units and winning helps a lot, but does anyone have any more detail than this?
>
> You need 960,000 pts to reach General. That’s going to take me ages if I score so low all the time.
>
> Many thanks in advance for any information.

Points are awarded for units killed in the game, whether it be units, bases, neutral units or neutral bases.

The more upgraded a unit, the more points it is worth when it dies. For example, a marine with new blood is worth more than a normal marine, a power turret tank is worth more than a canister shell tank, a heavy supply pad is worth more than a normal supply pad, and so on. Points are awarded to the person who gets the last shot to kill the target unit/structure. If a enemy decides to recycle his own buildings, the points will be divided among you and your teammates, or all to you if you are alone.

The notes above explain how you get your base points score.

Your total score will be your base score X your multiplier. Your multiplier is determined by a ratio of units/buildings killed to units/buildings lost. Your multiplier can also be affected if you recycle or cancel a building being built (which also gives points to the other team as mentioned above).

In order to max your multiplier, make the most of your units. Put weaker tanks in the back protected by stronger tanks. Heal your units. Send hunters against tanks, and jackals against flamers, not the other way around. The easiest way to keep a good multiplier is to ask your self: how much did I spend on this unit? Whatever the answer is, do your best to take out an equal amount of resources spent by your enemy. For example, if your tank takes out another tank, you have broken even. Anything else your tank takes out means your tank has more than payed for itself and will increase your multiplier.

The notes above explain multiplier.

The fastest way to get points is to play deathmatch. You can clear neutral bases fast for more points, your enemies units are upgraded and thus worrth more points, and the games are fast and the fighting starts right away. All of this contributes to a fast point gain.

Thank you very much - that’s an excellent and very helpful detailed reply.

I think I’ll try Deathmatch sometime to try and get points quicker, I’ve been sticking to Standard Skirnmish so far. Maybe that’s been the problem.

Another good way to gain alot of points (if you dont want to play deathmatch) is to play in standard 2v2 or 3v3 (1v1 doesnt presnt as many enemies to kill). Be a UNSC leader (anders is the best) and spam warthogs (about 10 if you dont want em later, or max pop if you wanna go gauss/gremlin), taking out as many neutral bases as you can. Use your warthogs to collect all the money and they more than pay for themselves and will give you quite an advantage.

Thanks again for the tips.

I’ve actually started playing 2v2 now as I’ve found it presents more kills like you said.

I’ve just been promoted to Lieutenant due to the extra points :slight_smile:

If you want some more tips and such, I am online pretty much every night (Pacific time, 5pm-10pm), GT: cpkbob

Send me a message and I will help you out.

best way to earn alot of points is : SUPERTUUUURTLEEE ! :slight_smile:

lol just basically play only defence , i love to do this against noobs on The Docks. Just place cobras in the middle and a couple of wolverines. Your covy teammate makes a LOT of engineers and a couple of vampires and vortexes/rage everything. My longest ive super turtled was like 2 hours before they finally resigned lol.

> best way to earn alot of points is : SUPERTUUUURTLEEE ! :slight_smile:
>
> lol just basically play only defence , i love to do this against noobs on The Docks. Just place cobras in the middle and a couple of wolverines. Your covy teammate makes a LOT of engineers and a couple of vampires and vortexes/rage everything. My longest ive super turtled was like 2 hours before they finally resigned lol.

Turtling will get you alot of points, but it does take a while. A 2 hour game to someone trying to make points is not appealing.

Just play DM. You are gauranteed over 4,000 points in 5 minutes.

> > best way to earn alot of points is : SUPERTUUUURTLEEE ! :slight_smile:
> >
> > lol just basically play only defence , i love to do this against noobs on The Docks. Just place cobras in the middle and a couple of wolverines. Your covy teammate makes a LOT of engineers and a couple of vampires and vortexes/rage everything. My longest ive super turtled was like 2 hours before they finally resigned lol.
>
> Turtling will get you alot of points, but it does take a while. A 2 hour game to someone trying to make points is not appealing.

turtles are fun though , in my opinion. I like the ones were you can just go and take a piss and drink something and when you come back they are still trying to break trough xD

> > > best way to earn alot of points is : SUPERTUUUURTLEEE ! :slight_smile:
> > >
> > > lol just basically play only defence , i love to do this against noobs on The Docks. Just place cobras in the middle and a couple of wolverines. Your covy teammate makes a LOT of engineers and a couple of vampires and vortexes/rage everything. My longest ive super turtled was like 2 hours before they finally resigned lol.
> >
> > Turtling will get you alot of points, but it does take a while. A 2 hour game to someone trying to make points is not appealing.
>
> turtles are fun though , in my opinion. I like the ones were you can just go and take a piss and drink something and when you come back they are still trying to break trough xD

Oh I won’t deny how fun turtling is. The docks is an awesome level for some 2v2 turtling. A few time I have pushed beyond the middle point, and ‘turtled’ with my teams front line at the open base above the starting 2, leaving your enemies 1 base each, and no chance.