HELP before multiplayer is ruined for me.

So I have been playing nonstop since Halo 4 release and I must say I am getting stomped every game. I used to avg 22 to 30 kills a game with anywhere from 4 to 7 deaths. It has been a while since I have played a halo game, however I have never been noticeably this terrible. I lose almost every 1v1 on the last shot and get -Yoink- stomped by any more than 1 person.

I have heard rumors of aim acceleration and have noticed it slightly but does it make that much of a difference?

I have tried every competitive weapon and have played with various controller settings and sensitivities. Nothing seems to feel right.

If any other good players are having issues please let me know. Halo 4 is an incredible game and I hope I can solve this issue before the multiplayer is ruined for me forever. Any suggestions would also be helpful.

bump

Play through campaign to get used to the controls again. Then try out the Battle Rifle and DMR for multiplayer.

I have a friend who feels the same way since the second time he sat down to play multiplayer. He complains that there just are too many things that are different and he gets frustrated because he looses a few games.

He was also in a bad mood because his NBA team lost that night.

I’ll suggest to you what said to him:

1. Play the campaign – if you take time to play the campaign to get used to the feel of the game and controls you’ll have an advantage over those who don’t have that invested time (and you’ll spend your frustration on the forerunners and not on multiplayer)

2. Give it some time – there is likely to be some adjustments down the road as far as things that players complain about. You’ll get better at the game the more time you objectively think about how to adjust your play style to get an advantage over other players.

3. Play with friends – I play with the same friends regularly and win or lose, it’s a good time. This way you can develop strategies with people you’re working with and against.

It takes longer for some people to get acclimated to the changes that others. I wasn’t doing as well in my first few games as I am now.

But everyone is different. Halo 4 just changed quite a bit.

Yeah. I agree with the person above. Also learn the match making maps and how to move about them. Cause if you know all the short cuts and different areas in a map you well be for suited for taking on players. For me movement is the key.

I find when I’m in a slump, the best thing to do is play out of it.

> I have a friend who feels the same way since the second time he sat down to play multiplayer. He complains that there just are too many things that are different and he gets frustrated because he looses a few games.
>
> He was also in a bad mood because his NBA team lost that night.
>
> I’ll suggest to you what said to him:
>
> 1. Play the campaign – if you take time to play the campaign to get used to the feel of the game and controls you’ll have an advantage over those who don’t have that invested time (and you’ll spend your frustration on the forerunners and not on multiplayer)
>
> 2. Give it some time – there is likely to be some adjustments down the road as far as things that players complain about. You’ll get better at the game the more time you objectively think about how to adjust your play style to get an advantage over other players.
>
> 3. Play with friends – I play with the same friends regularly and win or lose, it’s a good time. This way you can develop strategies with people you’re working with and against.

This right here. I know exactly how you’re feeling man, but patience and careful play is the only way we’re getting out of this right now. I started off the same as you, after 35 games or so, I was sitting pretty with a 1.8 K/D ratio and a boost of confidence. 20 games later, I had slumped to a 1.17.

My advice? Play a bit of Regicide. Mix things up. That seemed to help a bit for me, but again, adjustments are coming. Hang in there.

Another thing too. BREATHE.

Seriously.

If you take the time to play all day and you find yourself getting demolished and it’s aggravating you beyond all reason, your gaming frustration will only make you worse. So take a deep breath and keep trying.

As mentioned before the campaign is a great training tool. I believe spartan ops is too. Especially when played solo. You face hoards of enemies all aiming for you and you will die a lot. Work out your gaming frustration on the AI and practice tactics for overcoming different weapons and different obstacles in your path. You get xp for the practice session and you get to use the same loadouts that you will use in MP.

I personally would just get so frustrated on Reach to where I wouldn’t play for weeks and then I would try to make a comeback and I was worse than ever.

And playing with people that are willing to be patient with you and help you learn and overcome your challenges always make the experience better!

Your days of lots of kills and few deaths are over my friend. This isn’t Halo: Reach, and this isn’t Halo 3. You’ll lose a lot of your 1v1 encounters. Every primary is formiddable except the suppressor, that weapon just sucks.

The pace of this game is much faster than Halo: Reach and I would say Halo 3. If you’re use to those games, you better change some things up.

Lone wolfing it will net you some deaths. You almost can NEVER win a 2v1 situation (where you’re the 1).

If your problem is 1v1, then you have to try some things out. Try the BR and DMR, see which works better for you. Strafe, and with the DMR it’s essential that you pace that last shot. If you miss 2 shots of your DMR, you’ll surely die.

Yea definitely all good suggestions. I have been playing with a friend who is very very good. i find that it makes it harder for me to do well because i am getting less kills. I have already cleared legendary campaign AND solo legendary all spartan ops missions.

I do agree that high kdr days are over, but I feel like I am losing a lot of 1v1s simply because I am missing, no setting has felt right at all. i have gone down to 1 and its too slow for turning, I have gone up to 4 but its far too fast, and the same with less discrepancy for 2 and 3.

I enjoy the DMR alot but with single fire zoomed in i just get completely lost. I like the BR but the range fall of is deadly against a dmr. I tried and liked the light rifle, but landing headshots seems even harder. I am at around 860 deaths and 830 kills and have seen little improvement.

Another thing i used to pay much attention to was my position while playing. I needed to sit a certain way to keep controller stability. Now that I am older i cant seem to get that stability. I feel like a sloppy noob.

All in all, i love the halo community and i think halo 4 is a great game. But I almost broke a controller today and my head is about to explode. If anyone wants to play and maybe help out add me. k0d3b0b.

Please also feel free to continue to give helpful advice. I am certainly stuck.

Its just an matter of adaptation dont worry many gamers are in the exact same boat as you. As aforementioned by members above me i would suggest running through the campaign to get to grips with the fundamentals of the game then proceed to casual multiplayer modes and build yourself up from there. Also try playing with an team it helps you get more proficient at the game faster, hope this helps.

Im glad to hear I am not the only one. I am just embarrassed. I wonder how big the curve will be for me. I have never once in my life been the bottom player in a halo game.

If anyone else feels this way please tell me about your experience. It would be nice to compare issues and overcome them.

ALSO, how do people feel about the light rifle on a pro level? Range versatility of a DMR with the no scope burst of a BR. Does the damage compare? Is it a tourney-level choice?

bump

I personally am planning on going into MLG for Halo 4 but I too get stomped some games. I’m also going for Assassin Master ATM so I die A LOT… but 30 Assassinations to go and I’m so happy!

Anyways to get out of the slump, just play through it! Do what I do and go play Regicide and mix it up with some Slayer Pro! And then Flood if you have to! Mix it up and do like a margarita Shaken. Not Stirred.

We Have a NEW KING. The King is Dead, Long Live the King!

> Im glad to hear I am not the only one. I am just embarrassed. I wonder how big the curve will be for me. I have never once in my life been the bottom player in a halo game.
>
> If anyone else feels this way please tell me about your experience. It would be nice to compare issues and overcome them.
>
> ALSO, how do people feel about the light rifle on a pro level? Range versatility of a DMR with the no scope burst of a BR. Does the damage compare? Is it a tourney-level choice?

Light Rifle is better than the BR. It feels smoother and much easier to use rather than the new inaccuracy at long Range BR! I would definitely try it out.

I strongly believe its because you don’t get knocked out of zoom when shot. When playing the other halos it was all about who could get the first shot off and stay consistent with your shots. Now the guy can just stay zoomed and put shots down field with no problem. One of the biggest issues with this to me is the sniper rifle. Now snipers can just stay zoomed and line his shots up. Use to you could knock him out of zoom and usually kill him or make him run. I think this is a game changing aspect they added.

sounds like true skill is working

I had this problem too. I was getting my -Yoink- handed to me every 1v1 at first.

I went into KoTH and CTF and found my swag again. Those gametypes are fast pace and help you improve by constantly being on the move and shooting.

Regicide is also a good way to get back in that groove again.

TS is a campfest like usual, it’s not a good way to get that feeling back right away IMO.

Just give it some time and if what you’re doing isn’t working, stop doing it and try something else.

> bump

Stop bumping, it’s against the rules.