Helmet Overlays and Cracked Visior request

I’d (and other I am sure) Would really like a helmet overlay like in Halo 3, it was see-through so it wasn’t disturbing and even if you don’t want to force people into having one at least gives us a option to choose having one and it should look like the helmet does. If the helmet looks like a (example) triangle the overlay should be a triangle and so on.

And the cracked visor I know at least a hundred people would like one through votes in a Bungie forum. The cracked visor should look like Noble 6’s cracked visor in Lone Wolf or similar.

And maybe it could appear when headshot’ed almost to death but manage to survive (and are near-death with no health or 1 or so).

Or maybe a helmet customization: ‘‘This helmet add-on makes your something but severely weakens it’’ which means in a battle it can be damaged.

Or if you get a near death commendation enough times it unlocks as a customizable so it’s always cracked.

I would add a vote but this is my first thread/post ever so I have no idea how and therefore I will make one manually and when posting rather than making a whole post about why or why not you’d like it rather just vote. This of course does not apply to moderators, administrators, developers if they’d like to say: ‘‘this won’t happens’’ or ‘‘this will happens’’ or similar.

Yes = Yes, I’d like to have this.

No = No, I’d not like to have this.

yes id like to have this.

and the cracked visor disable option

Overlays sound good. But I’m not sure I like the helmet cracks, at least as a gameplay feature. It sounds as though it could get annoying and distort your aim. However, it would be nice as a customizable feature (that doesn’t really block your vision) that’s available to unlock or buy.

I think there should be a long list of scarring options available to the player, not just limited to the visor. You would be able to select scars on the waist, legs and chestpiece. That would be pretty cool. It adds a distinctive bit of personality to your character and gives you a sense of the history of your avatar and shows you what engagements they might have been in.

A one-way cracked helmet for aesthetic reasons only? Sure. Completely shattered helmets exposing the wearers face? No… That would be too tedious to design and canonically incorrect; Spartan and ODST visors are supposed to be shatterproof.

> A one-way cracked helmet for aesthetic reasons only? Sure. Completely shattered helmets exposing the wearers face? No… That would be too tedious to design and canonically incorrect; Spartan and ODST visors are supposed to be shatterproof.

than why did chiefs visor shatter creating a hole where his eye is?

I think visor overlays should be aesthetic only and available to everyone regardless of helmet choice. We could choose different overlays that mimic the different Halo games, like a Halo 1, 2, or 3 overlay that displays your health, ammo, and grenades in different corners of the screen. And of course new overlays with different outlines and shapes depending on user preference, but wouldn’t give any inherent advantage over anybody. And I would ask for color option too, a red, blue, green, purple, etc. colored overlay.

Your idea to have certain overlays be dependent on certain helmets isn’t good for two reasons: 1. Many helmets have oddly shaped, or no visors at all, so the image in the helmet is generated by screens on the inside. Venator has tiny slots and Wetwork has a thin vertical strip. 2. It would deter people from wearing the helmet they like if the visor overlay isn’t to their liking.

I’d like to see more done with the visors. Overlays and cracks are cool as long as they don’t interfere with my aiming or visual awareness. It can be done subtly, I’m sure.

While we’re at it, there was a small but cool visual I noticed in Destiny which I’d like to see in Halo. If you look up when its raining, the rain beads off the visor. Barely noticeable, but a nice touch. I’m sure it’s been done in other games as well, but I have only experienced it in Destiny.

> > A one-way cracked helmet for aesthetic reasons only? Sure. Completely shattered helmets exposing the wearers face? No… That would be too tedious to design and canonically incorrect; Spartan and ODST visors are supposed to be shatterproof.
>
> than why did chiefs visor shatter creating a hole where his eye is?

Because comic books can be pretty damn stupid.

That comic strip reminded me of the eye-rolling scene with Iron Man’s eyepiece shattering easily or his armour breaking from a truck in the atrociously incorrect film Iron Man 3.