Hellcat Armor

While I’m not the biggest fan of the helmet, I think everything else about Hellcat armor is cool as -Yoink-. The armor is imo the best original that 343 has made, by far, and the lore behind it, that it’s based off of armor found in wreckage from the Human-Forerunner War, is awesome.

What I’m asking is that for Halo 6 we make Hellcat a legendary, or at least an ultra rare with a legendary variant (Maurauder) for next game. Or very high in the progression system if you go that route next game. But I think such a cool armor should be higher than uncommon.

Its not a bad armor.

so far hellcat is my favorite

Slimmest armor profile I’ve seen so far, & I love that it covers the collarbone. I’ve previewed it with the Achilles helmet & that combo looks boss!!!

Sure lets just make every cool armor unlock able after the silver grind ends around level 80. That’s a great way to keep players!

I like it a lot! Combined with the helioskrill helmet, you’ve got a mean looking alien spartian.

I used it for a while (love the shape of the thrusters), but eventually switched because the gauntlets looked odd to me and I wanted something a bit bulkier.
But if you want sleek; hellcat all the way (nomad too, imo).

Hellcat is cool I am digging my old school arena MARK body armor with wetwork helmet at the moment. Super clean :slight_smile:

> 2533274881560701;5:
> Sure lets just make every cool armor unlock able after the silver grind ends around level 80. That’s a great way to keep players!

The coolest armors have always been for grind-y unlocks. Katana, Recon, and especially Haunted.
Plus it being a low level is kind of a turn off for some people. Like, I want to wear it, but I want people to know I got REQs for days, know what I mean? :wink:

> 2533274845846487;9:
> > 2533274881560701;5:
> > Sure lets just make every cool armor unlock able after the silver grind ends around level 80. That’s a great way to keep players!
>
>
> The coolest armors have always been for grind-y unlocks. Katana, Recon, and especially Haunted.
> Plus it being a low level is kind of a turn off for some people. Like, I want to wear it, but I want people to know I got REQs for days, know what I mean? :wink:

If armor’s like CIO, NOBLE, and Hellcat were locked behind a paywall until Level 80 (Silver grind ends) I would’ve left a long time ago. RNG is ho rrible, period. I play this game to unlock armor (75% of which is far too Sci-Fi, white and blue lined, mismatched secondary, power ranger armor.)

Its bad enough we have armor separated by rarity, RNG, and a system to try and squeeze money out of people who don’t have hours among hours of free time. I would much rather just pay 70$ for a game and get less grind overall if money is such an issue for video game development.

I think that reqs allow you to choose whatever armor you like most, rather than using the highest unlocked armor you have through level progression to show your status, since the REQ system is rng and you can get any armor by being lucky (I used Recruit Charred instead of the multiple legendary/ultra-rare armor sets I had because I liked it the best until I got Decimator).

> 2533274845846487;9:
> > 2533274881560701;5:
> > Sure lets just make every cool armor unlock able after the silver grind ends around level 80. That’s a great way to keep players!
>
>
> The coolest armors have always been for grind-y unlocks. Katana, Recon, and especially Haunted.
> Plus it being a low level is kind of a turn off for some people. Like, I want to wear it, but I want people to know I got REQs for days, know what I mean? :wink:

Not really. The thing about those armors is that you earned them. They all had a defined way to unlock them. In Halo 5, you grind hopelessly until you get what you want, without a definition of what to do other than “pay or play for hours every day for months”

Defo one of the best armors in game. Helmet not really, but the armor itself is amazing. Still trying to unlock an armor I like more than the marauder variant.

> 2533274818737568;12:
> > 2533274845846487;9:
> > > 2533274881560701;5:
> > > Sure lets just make every cool armor unlock able after the silver grind ends around level 80. That’s a great way to keep players!
> >
> >
> > The coolest armors have always been for grind-y unlocks. Katana, Recon, and especially Haunted.
> > Plus it being a low level is kind of a turn off for some people. Like, I want to wear it, but I want people to know I got REQs for days, know what I mean? :wink:
>
>
> Not really. The thing about those armors is that you earned them. They all had a defined way to unlock them. In Halo 5, you grind hopelessly until you get what you want, without a definition of what to do other than “pay or play for hours every day for months”

> 2533274881560701;10:
> > 2533274845846487;9:
> > > 2533274881560701;5:
> > > Sure lets just make every cool armor unlock able after the silver grind ends around level 80. That’s a great way to keep players!
> >
> >
> > The coolest armors have always been for grind-y unlocks. Katana, Recon, and especially Haunted.
> > Plus it being a low level is kind of a turn off for some people. Like, I want to wear it, but I want people to know I got REQs for days, know what I mean? :wink:
>
>
> If armor’s like CIO, NOBLE, and Hellcat were locked behind a paywall until Level 80 (Silver grind ends) I would’ve left a long time ago. RNG is ho rrible, period. I play this game to unlock armor (75% of which is far too Sci-Fi, white and blue lined, mismatched secondary, power ranger armor.)
>
> Its bad enough we have armor separated by rarity, RNG, and a system to try and squeeze money out of people who don’t have hours among hours of free time. I would much rather just pay 70$ for a game and get less grind overall if money is such an issue for video game development.

Right, which is why I said “whatever you do next time”. If its a Reach-like system, fine, whatever.

I can’t help you if you don’t like the armors. That’s an opinion thing. I like a lot of them, and don’t mind most of the others, save a few, like Seeker or Venture (which just looks like a… nevermind). But whether you’re grinding for RNG or grinding for Haunted, its gonna take a long time. Haunted took significantly longer than getting all of the Legendaries in Halo 5. The best looking, most wanted armors, again, have always been a grind. If you get lucky and get it early with RNG, you get lucky. Which I don’t think is really that bad.

> 2533274845846487;14:
> > 2533274818737568;12:
> > > 2533274845846487;9:
> > > > 2533274881560701;5:
> > > > Sure lets just make every cool armor unlock able after the silver grind ends around level 80. That’s a great way to keep players!
> > >
> > >
> > > The coolest armors have always been for grind-y unlocks. Katana, Recon, and especially Haunted.
> > > Plus it being a low level is kind of a turn off for some people. Like, I want to wear it, but I want people to know I got REQs for days, know what I mean? :wink:
> >
> >
> > Not really. The thing about those armors is that you earned them. They all had a defined way to unlock them. In Halo 5, you grind hopelessly until you get what you want, without a definition of what to do other than “pay or play for hours every day for months”
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274881560701;10:
> > > 2533274845846487;9:
> > > > 2533274881560701;5:
> > > > Sure lets just make every cool armor unlock able after the silver grind ends around level 80. That’s a great way to keep players!
> > >
> > >
> > > The coolest armors have always been for grind-y unlocks. Katana, Recon, and especially Haunted.
> > > Plus it being a low level is kind of a turn off for some people. Like, I want to wear it, but I want people to know I got REQs for days, know what I mean? :wink:
> >
> >
> > If armor’s like CIO, NOBLE, and Hellcat were locked behind a paywall until Level 80 (Silver grind ends) I would’ve left a long time ago. RNG is ho rrible, period. I play this game to unlock armor (75% of which is far too Sci-Fi, white and blue lined, mismatched secondary, power ranger armor.)
> >
> > Its bad enough we have armor separated by rarity, RNG, and a system to try and squeeze money out of people who don’t have hours among hours of free time. I would much rather just pay 70$ for a game and get less grind overall if money is such an issue for video game development.
>
>
> Right, which is why I said “whatever you do next time”. If its a Reach-like system, fine, whatever.
>
> I can’t help you if you don’t like the armors. That’s an opinion thing. I like a lot of them, and don’t mind most of the others, save a few, like Seeker or Venture (which just looks like a… nevermind). But whether you’re grinding for RNG or grinding for Haunted, its gonna take a long time. Haunted took significantly longer than getting all of the Legendaries in Halo 5. The best looking, most wanted armors, again, have always been a grind. If you get lucky and get it early with RNG, you get lucky. Which I don’t think is really that bad.

I thought Haunted looked stupid and broke lore. The base Mark V B was the best looking Helmet in Reach. Katana was just a gimmicky Hayabusa. Recon was mediocre. Armor has no novelty to me for being earned if I think it’s ugly. The base Mark VI, Mark V B, and Recruit are great armor’s. They look good, they look relatively practical. They don’t have absurd mismatched colors and white lines.

Wetwork master race

> 2533274881560701;15:
> > 2533274845846487;14:
> > > 2533274818737568;12:
> > > > 2533274845846487;9:
> > > > > 2533274881560701;5:
> > > > > Sure lets just make every cool armor unlock able after the silver grind ends around level 80. That’s a great way to keep players!
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > The coolest armors have always been for grind-y unlocks. Katana, Recon, and especially Haunted.
> > > > Plus it being a low level is kind of a turn off for some people. Like, I want to wear it, but I want people to know I got REQs for days, know what I mean? :wink:
> > >
> > >
> > > Not really. The thing about those armors is that you earned them. They all had a defined way to unlock them. In Halo 5, you grind hopelessly until you get what you want, without a definition of what to do other than “pay or play for hours every day for months”
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274881560701;10:
> > > > 2533274845846487;9:
> > > > > 2533274881560701;5:
> > > > > Sure lets just make every cool armor unlock able after the silver grind ends around level 80. That’s a great way to keep players!
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > The coolest armors have always been for grind-y unlocks. Katana, Recon, and especially Haunted.
> > > > Plus it being a low level is kind of a turn off for some people. Like, I want to wear it, but I want people to know I got REQs for days, know what I mean? :wink:
> > >
> > >
> > > If armor’s like CIO, NOBLE, and Hellcat were locked behind a paywall until Level 80 (Silver grind ends) I would’ve left a long time ago. RNG is ho rrible, period. I play this game to unlock armor (75% of which is far too Sci-Fi, white and blue lined, mismatched secondary, power ranger armor.)
> > >
> > > Its bad enough we have armor separated by rarity, RNG, and a system to try and squeeze money out of people who don’t have hours among hours of free time. I would much rather just pay 70$ for a game and get less grind overall if money is such an issue for video game development.
> >
> >
> > Right, which is why I said “whatever you do next time”. If its a Reach-like system, fine, whatever.
> >
> > I can’t help you if you don’t like the armors. That’s an opinion thing. I like a lot of them, and don’t mind most of the others, save a few, like Seeker or Venture (which just looks like a… nevermind). But whether you’re grinding for RNG or grinding for Haunted, its gonna take a long time. Haunted took significantly longer than getting all of the Legendaries in Halo 5. The best looking, most wanted armors, again, have always been a grind. If you get lucky and get it early with RNG, you get lucky. Which I don’t think is really that bad.
>
>
> I thought Haunted looked stupid and broke lore. The base Mark V B was the best looking Helmet in Reach. Katana was just a gimmicky Hayabusa. Recon was mediocre. Armor has no novelty to me for being earned if I think it’s ugly. The base Mark VI, Mark V B, and Recruit are great armor’s. They look good, they look relatively practical. They don’t have absurd mismatched colors and white lines.

Again, those are your opinions of the armors, and I can’t change those, nor do I care to. But the fact is that A LOT of people ground a LOT of hours to get Haunted. And Recon. And Hayabusa. Those are facts. Regardless of whether you like the armor that 343 makes or not. And Hellcat seems to be a very popular, very liked armor (not so much helmet). So, following Halo history, it would be one of the last ones you earn, regardless of whether its RNG or a designated point to work for. They did the same with Raider and Locus from the last game, because people got those fairly early on in Halo 4 compared to their popularity, which leaves them nothing to earn later on that they will like better.

> 2533274845846487;17:
> > 2533274881560701;15:
> > > 2533274845846487;14:
> > > > 2533274818737568;12:
> > > > > 2533274845846487;9:
> > > > > > 2533274881560701;5:
> > > > > > Sure lets just make every cool armor unlock able after the silver grind ends around level 80. That’s a great way to keep players!
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > The coolest armors have always been for grind-y unlocks. Katana, Recon, and especially Haunted.
> > > > > Plus it being a low level is kind of a turn off for some people. Like, I want to wear it, but I want people to know I got REQs for days, know what I mean? :wink:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Not really. The thing about those armors is that you earned them. They all had a defined way to unlock them. In Halo 5, you grind hopelessly until you get what you want, without a definition of what to do other than “pay or play for hours every day for months”
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533274881560701;10:
> > > > > 2533274845846487;9:
> > > > > > 2533274881560701;5:
> > > > > > Sure lets just make every cool armor unlock able after the silver grind ends around level 80. That’s a great way to keep players!
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > The coolest armors have always been for grind-y unlocks. Katana, Recon, and especially Haunted.
> > > > > Plus it being a low level is kind of a turn off for some people. Like, I want to wear it, but I want people to know I got REQs for days, know what I mean? :wink:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > If armor’s like CIO, NOBLE, and Hellcat were locked behind a paywall until Level 80 (Silver grind ends) I would’ve left a long time ago. RNG is ho rrible, period. I play this game to unlock armor (75% of which is far too Sci-Fi, white and blue lined, mismatched secondary, power ranger armor.)
> > > >
> > > > Its bad enough we have armor separated by rarity, RNG, and a system to try and squeeze money out of people who don’t have hours among hours of free time. I would much rather just pay 70$ for a game and get less grind overall if money is such an issue for video game development.
> > >
> > >
> > > Right, which is why I said “whatever you do next time”. If its a Reach-like system, fine, whatever.
> > >
> > > I can’t help you if you don’t like the armors. That’s an opinion thing. I like a lot of them, and don’t mind most of the others, save a few, like Seeker or Venture (which just looks like a… nevermind). But whether you’re grinding for RNG or grinding for Haunted, its gonna take a long time. Haunted took significantly longer than getting all of the Legendaries in Halo 5. The best looking, most wanted armors, again, have always been a grind. If you get lucky and get it early with RNG, you get lucky. Which I don’t think is really that bad.
> >
> >
> > I thought Haunted looked stupid and broke lore. The base Mark V B was the best looking Helmet in Reach. Katana was just a gimmicky Hayabusa. Recon was mediocre. Armor has no novelty to me for being earned if I think it’s ugly. The base Mark VI, Mark V B, and Recruit are great armor’s. They look good, they look relatively practical. They don’t have absurd mismatched colors and white lines.
>
>
> Again, those are your opinions of the armors, and I can’t change those, nor do I care to. But the fact is that A LOT of people ground a LOT of hours to get Haunted. And Recon. And Hayabusa. Those are facts. Regardless of whether you like the armor that 343 makes or not. And Hellcat seems to be a very popular, very liked armor (not so much helmet). So, following Halo history, it would be one of the last ones you earn, regardless of whether its RNG or a designated point to work for. They did the same with Raider and Locus from the last game, because people got those fairly early on in Halo 4 compared to their popularity, which leaves them nothing to earn later on that they will like better.

So let’s get rid of all customization unless you spend 200+ hours playing the game, because any cool armor should be Legendary or something?

Come on, even 343 realized that some decent armor’s have to be Silver tier, or else the grind to get past silvers wouldn’t be rewarding.

Should some cool armor’s be high tier, sure. The only reason I have ever played Halo 5 is to get closer to Mark IV armor.

But should everything remotely cool be behind a hundred hours of gameplay? No, because then the first hundred hours would be fruitless for armor seekers.

Furthermore who decides what popular? The Public? 343? A random number generator? To just lock all ‘cool’ armor’s away is highly subjective to being with. At least with the Mythic tags it feels like 343 put some semblance of thought into what is high tier, which is campaign and lore based armor sets, a good objective reason, not just ‘cool’ factor.

IMO, the armor isn’t bad…but that helmet…it’s something else.

I love the armour, but the helmet doesn’t show off your visor colour.