Helioskrill Unlocked Via REQ Packs

Confirmed no need to complete all games in the MCC on legendary if you can’t be bothered.

> 2535416383459646;1:
> Confirmed no need to complete all games in the MCC on legendary if you can’t be bothered.

So do all of us who did the MCC on legendary prior to the beta get it free without having to unlock it

Mmm. That is… somewhat disappointing. Would’ve been nice to make it exclusive for at least a little while. shrug oh well, no big deal. In a lot of ways, it’s sort of nice that they are making everything available to everyone; definitely better than the maze of paywalls and preorders that Halo 4 launched with.

> 2533274802357607;2:
> > 2535416383459646;1:
> > Confirmed no need to complete all games in the MCC on legendary if you can’t be bothered.
>
>
> So do all of us who did the MCC on legendary prior to the beta get it free without having to unlock it

I guess it is unlocked as soon as you start up Halo 5, I don’t think it matters if you did it pre beta or not if have the achievement in MCC for completing all the games on legendary I would guess as soon as the game is booted up you have access to the helioskrill armour set.

That is disappointing. Makes doing the achievement in MCC pretty much useless, friend and I did it all to unlock helioskrill, now some one can come along day one without doing anything and unlock it as well…

EDIT: I replied to his tweet, asking him whats the point of doing the achievement, he replaied with “Its super rare”, so I guess getting it in req will…take some time. Good.

> 2649885852187352;5:
> That is disappointing. Makes doing the achievement in MCC pretty much useless, friend and I did it all to unlock helioskrill, now some one can come along day one without doing anything and unlock it as well…

But you have the achievement and they don’t. Voilá, you’re special!

> 2533274802357607;2:
> > 2535416383459646;1:
> > Confirmed no need to complete all games in the MCC on legendary if you can’t be bothered.
>
>
> So do all of us who did the MCC on legendary prior to the beta get it free without having to unlock it

That was my understanding. I was going to have this as my starter armor set with maybe the FOTUS armor if it looks good with the Helioskrill helmet.

Off Topic: just got my ODST Silver =)

This isn’t quite an “outrage”, but it upsets me greatly that they would devalue that and any other armor that may be tied to achievments.
I was very, very excited about armor tied to achievements…and I have been working on achievements on MCC with great satisfaction…now it just seems like any accomplishments are greatly cheapened by the fact that anyone can gain the armor without the work.

Well that sucks. I’m just hoping that by “super rare” they actually mean super rare…

> 2649885852187352;5:
> That is disappointing. Makes doing the achievement in MCC pretty much useless, friend and I did it all to unlock helioskrill, now some one can come along day one without doing anything and unlock it as well…
>
> EDIT: I replied to his tweet, asking him whats the point of doing the achievement, he replaied with “Its super rare”, so I guess getting it in req will…take some time. Good.

Yes I believe it will be an “exotic” or “mythic” drop in the req, and people like you and I will have it day 1. That’s somewhat of a relief…

> 2533274829712068;10:
> > 2649885852187352;5:
> > That is disappointing. Makes doing the achievement in MCC pretty much useless, friend and I did it all to unlock helioskrill, now some one can come along day one without doing anything and unlock it as well…
> >
> > EDIT: I replied to his tweet, asking him whats the point of doing the achievement, he replaied with “Its super rare”, so I guess getting it in req will…take some time. Good.
>
>
> Yes I believe it will be an “exotic” or “mythic” drop in the req, and people like you and I will have it day 1. That’s somewhat of a relief…

thats good… but idk…i thought you were promised a good drop on some req packs… so does that mean someone who plays legit through december can unlock everything?

> 2533274830733064;11:
> > 2533274829712068;10:
> > > 2649885852187352;5:
> > > That is disappointing. Makes doing the achievement in MCC pretty much useless, friend and I did it all to unlock helioskrill, now some one can come along day one without doing anything and unlock it as well…
> > >
> > > EDIT: I replied to his tweet, asking him whats the point of doing the achievement, he replaied with “Its super rare”, so I guess getting it in req will…take some time. Good.
> >
> >
> > Yes I believe it will be an “exotic” or “mythic” drop in the req, and people like you and I will have it day 1. That’s somewhat of a relief…
>
>
> thats good… but idk…i thought you were promised a good drop on some req packs… so does that mean someone who plays legit through december can unlock everything?

hopefully this helioskrill and other armor tied to difficult and/or time-consuming achievements will be of the highest rarity in drops…say tier 4/4…and maybe the guarantee will be for at least a tier 3 item, ya know?

So now a 8 year old in day can cross his fingers open a req pack and unlock the armor/helmet just like this :frowning:

> 2533274940030603;13:
> So now a 8 year old in day can cross his fingers open a req pack and unlock the armor/helmet just like this :frowning:

Or perhaps a 30 year old that did all 4 either with co-op or with bandana and/or scarab skulls to make it ALOT easier?

Im 30[/spoiler] [spoiler]I did these things

> 2533274940030603;13:
> So now a 8 year old in day can cross his fingers open a req pack and unlock the armor/helmet just like this :frowning:

No doubt statistically someone will, but its extremely rare. Not only do you need mythic odds, but then the 1/50 or so chance of getting this mythic piece instead of a visor or chest. And then they need those odds again for the second half.

Great news for those upset over no playable elites!

> 2535416383459646;1:
> Confirmed no need to complete all games in the MCC on legendary if you can’t be bothered.

That is some BS right there, I didn’t even want/bother to get the Helioskrill…but for those who did work for it, ouch.

And whats worse is that since the suit is going to be in the REQ packs, its going to decrease my chances of getting another piece i’d rather have…like helljumper or some other crap. The more pieces of armor that are thrown in the packs, the less chance you have of getting a single piece you want.

This sounds like Halo 5 won’t have armor for completing Halo 5 LASO…at least they’ll have an emblem like Halo 4 again…but wait those are tied to REQs too…I cri everytim. Eagerly waiting for that achievement list reveal any second now if it even has LASO

Well, didn’t really plan on using my hellioskril armor anyway but ok.

Im still wishing we could get cheifs mark 6c for doing insanely difficult achievements in mcc and 5. doubt it, but would be nice, and make that one achievmenet exclusive. recon 2.0

> 2649885852187352;5:
>
> EDIT: I replied to his tweet, asking him whats the point of doing the achievement, he replaied with “Its super rare”, so I guess getting it in req will…take some time. Good.

First I would like to say I personally think HELIOSKRILL should’ve been exclusive to the achievement. I however do not have it and I’m okay with that. I have many Halo achievements. I used to always try to get achievements and in Halo games they sometimes tied to items.

I beat most of the Halo games on legandery outside of MCC when they all came out. I think Halo 4 was the only one I never got around to. So I didn’t want to even attempt it again with MCC. Gonna pull up my achievements on smart glass… fetching intel

My legendary achievements break down in chronological order:
Halo 4 “The Legend of 117” nope so no date on this one also my daughter was born just after release. My excuse and I’m sticking to it lol
Halo Reach “A Monument to All Your Sins” Completed Oct 22, 2010
Halo 3 " Campaign Complete: Legendary" Completed Dec 31, 1752… Wut? Strange date but that’s what it says.
Halo 3: ODST " Campaign Complete: Legendary" Completed Sep 24, 2009

The original Xbox didn’t have achievements so no proof on Halo 2 or CE but I beat them on legendary. Halo 2 was by far the hardest IMO. I pulled all this up because it was fun to go back and see them but more so to show that I did it and won’t be doing it again. I’m 28 now married with a 3 year old and the amount of time it would take me to redo all this on the MCC I just don’t have.

Congrats if you have the achievement and I sucks for y’all but they at least made HELIOSKRILL really rare. If I happen to get really lucky and get it I’ll do y’all a small justice and not wear it lol. I have my eyes set on another armor set.