Helioskrill actually exclusive after all?

I just watched a video where a guy opened a bunch of golds and completed his req collection. He was only getting points back in his packs so that’s how you know he finished everything. But he took note of the lack of Helioskrill in his collection as an MCC thing only.

Myself and a lot of others back when Halo 5 came out were under the impression that Helioskrill could also be unlocked via REQ packs. I guess that wasn’t true. Never knew that until now. So I assume that means the other MCC stuff is also not attainable via REQ packs?

I got helioskrill from completing all the campaigns on legendary. I got all the other armors for Halo: MCC also. Before the first update, it didn’t show that they were unlocked in the collection, but it showed up that we had them when we went to armors. I have heard that before the update, they were available in req packs but after that they weren’t available anymore and that’s why they now show up in collection that we have them.

I hope it is and does stay exclusive to those who completed the campaigns on legendary in MCC. I thought it was lame when they said it could be unlocked via reqs

> 2533274816788253;3:
> I hope it is and does stay exclusive to those who completed the campaigns on legendary in MCC. I thought it was lame when they said it could be unlocked via reqs

Well it definitely seems that way. So… Rejoice!

It is exclusive to MCC on Legendary.
Source. Me. I get 6k Rp from Gold packs each time I open and I don’t have Helioskrill.

I hope it stays exclusive as well. Make it mean something

> 2533274841355851;6:
> I hope it stays exclusive as well. Make it mean something

I’m curious to know when they actually made this change. And they did it without telling us. Could’ve been a month after launch, or maybe evermore recently. I think hey realized it would be lame to get Helioskrill in packs as well so they stealthily made it super exclusive, as it should be. They did it so stealthily in fact, that they could claim it was always this way, and that we just imagined the problem int he first place.

Sneaky.

I haven’t heard of anyone getting it in a req pack despite all the youtubers buying the $100 gold packs.

> 2533274834066497;8:
> I haven’t heard of anyone getting it in a req pack despite all the youtubers buying the $100 gold packs.

I believe around the launch of Halo 5 it was confirmed by 343 that it would be a REQ pack item. Which bummed people out. So they may have taken that back prior to launch, or soon after. I only realized it today after watching that pack opening video. Either way I’m glad we have some kind of “trophy” armor in this game. Helioskrill, the Spartan Company armor, and now we just need something for beating Halo 5 on legendary.

I’m almost there! Three more missions on Halo 3.

> 2533274912254619;9:
> > 2533274834066497;8:
> > I haven’t heard of anyone getting it in a req pack despite all the youtubers buying the $100 gold packs.
>
>
> I believe around the launch of Halo 5 it was confirmed by 343 that it would be a REQ pack item. Which bummed people out. So they may have taken that back prior to launch, or soon after. I only realized it today after watching that pack opening video. Either way I’m glad we have some kind of “trophy” armor in this game. Helioskrill, the Spartan Company armor, and now we just need something for beating Halo 5 on legendary.

Agreed. I believe we are past the 6 weeks when the war zone packs were still available so no getting them that way either now. 343 listened.

> 2533274841355851;10:
> I’m almost there! Three more missions on Halo 3.

Good luck :slight_smile: