Heavy Mettle Challenge (Quick and Easy).

This is just in case there are those who think this challenge will take a while.

Go into Halo: Reach Firefight (Custom), select the Beachhead map and Firefight Classic as your gametype. Set your health to Invulnerable, max out your damage output, and make sure you have Ammo: Bottomless Clip (I increased my movement speed to the max to cover more ground, but that’s optional). Go into Wave Properties and select the Bonus Round. Change the time to 2 minutes and change Grunts to Hunter’s (the ones that like to smack you with their shield is more preferable but any Hunter will do), and set the “Uses Dropship” to disabled.

What weapons you use to get you to the Bonus Round is up to you (I went on the warpath with a shotgun), but make sure you have the Target Designator as your Secondary. When you get to the Bonus Round, Hunter’s will instantly spawn. Bring out your T.D and rain hell on the Hunter’s who should have clustered together if you let them. You will get 10+ kills everytime the missiles come down and because you have a bottomless clip, you needn’t worry about limited ammo for the T.D. When the two minutes are up you either should have the challenge completed or have it near enough to completion.

If you follow that, this is the end result. And it’s quite spectacular :sweat_smile:

> 2533274809226598;1:
> This is just in case there are those who think this challenge will take a while.
>
> Go into Halo: Reach Firefight (Custom), select the Beachhead map and Firefight Classic as your gametype. Set your health to Invulnerable, max out your damage output, and make sure you have Ammo: Bottomless Clip (I increased my movement speed to the max to cover more ground, but that’s optional). Go into Wave Properties and select the Bonus Round. Change the time to 2 minutes and change Grunts to Hunter’s (the ones that like to smack you with their shield is more preferable but any Hunter will do), and set the “Uses Dropship” to disabled.
>
> What weapons you use to get you to the Bonus Round is up to you (I went on the warpath with a shotgun), but make sure you have the Target Designator as your Secondary. When you get to the Bonus Round, Hunter’s will instantly spawn. Bring out your T.D and rain hell on the Hunter’s who should have clustered together if you let them. You will get 10+ kills everytime the missiles come down and because you have a bottomless clip, you needn’t worry about limited ammo for the T.D. When the two minutes are up you either should have the challenge completed or have it near enough to completion.

Hey ill try this out. I always did the Ark from Rally point Bravo and because I love that mission haha. Thabks for the tip.

I prefer to stick to Corvette as the enemies are closer together leading to the bonus round. And once the bonus round begins they all jump out of the spirit really quickly and continue to flood out the doors too. Bottomless rpg cleans them up nicely.

> 2533275019357130;3:
> I prefer to stick to Corvette as the enemies are closer together leading to the bonus round. And once the bonus round begins they all jump out of the spirit really quickly and continue to flood out the doors too. Bottomless rpg cleans them up nicely.

Yeah, Corvette is good. The only reason I said Beachhead is because the Phantom’s drop Wraith’s and Ghost’s as well which also count towards the challenge.

I have a few files in my fileshare designed specifically for getting enemy-specific challenges done within like 2 or 3 minutes. The exception is for Grunts which end up taking like 6-8 minutes. Give them a shot.

EDIT: The Hunters take about 8 minutes as well since they spawn in small numbers. As for the map, choose whichever one you like best since the gametypes are not designed to work on one map specifically.

> 2533274824050480;5:
> I have a few files in my fileshare designed specifically for getting enemy-specific challenges done within like 2 or 3 minutes. The exception is for Grunts which end up taking like 6-8 minutes. Give them a shot.
>
> EDIT: The Hunters take about 8 minutes as well since they spawn in small numbers. As for the map, choose whichever one you like best since the gametypes are not designed to work on one map specifically.

Downloaded your gametype and got 4 challenges done in a matter of 15 minutes! Cheers buddy!

cant you just set all the enemies to be hunters or ‘heavy enemies’ for all waves?

> 2535444071186727;7:
> cant you just set all the enemies to be hunters or ‘heavy enemies’ for all waves?

You can go into the settings and change the enemies, yeah. I changed everything to a Hunter variant, but Jackals, Elites, Grunts, and Skirmishers still spawn in. Either its a bug or intentional.

> 2533274809226598;8:
> > 2535444071186727;7:
> > cant you just set all the enemies to be hunters or ‘heavy enemies’ for all waves?
>
> You can go into the settings and change the enemies, yeah. I changed everything to a Hunter variant, but Jackals, Elites, Grunts, and Skirmishers still spawn in. Either its a bug or intentional.

Nope I was wondering this too but soon figured out why. When you select options such as Hunter Strike Team etc. they will spawn with supporting infantry. You must select the ‘Hunters’ options only for only Hunters to spawn.

May have to try this out some time. I usually just play H2A metropolis.

I found the easiest and quickest way to do this challenge. Check out my guide here:- Halo MCC - Heavy Mettle Weekly Challenge QUICK and EASY Guide - YouTube