Heavies: Gauss Warthog... Take it out

There was a reason Bungie didn’t put he Gauss Warthog in multiplayer. It’s rate of fire… the fact that it’s a sniper rifle with a blast added to it and very little finesse needed to aim it… as long as it’s red on a target or “on” a target, it’s a hit.

While it can be fun dishing it out… whoever half way know to run one of these things dominates. Totally not fun for anyone else. It makes a tank worthless. It makes pretty much every other vehicle worthless.

That’s my biggest gripe with the new playlist… It only occurs on Cragmire.

We can do without it. Leave the Gauss in Campaign.

Actually the gauss warthog wasn’t put into matchmaking because there is a glitch that it can shoot through forge pieces.

or how about just add more vehicles?

i mean if our out in the open to any vehicle really, thats it your toast.

its about 1-2 hits from the rev, 1 hit from the tanks, not sure how many from the rocket hog and the others are full auto so also hard to count how many hits for them.

just take cover, know where and whats on the battlefield and sneak up on it or some thing.

> Actually the gauss warthog wasn’t put into matchmaking because there is a glitch that it can shoot through forge pieces.

Cragmire’s actually the worst for the Gauss. There is SO.MUCH. on that map that can take the Gauss out easily from Scorpions to lasers to rockets to snipers. You never know what you’re going to run into coming around a corner. (Literally. We had a Scorpion spawn on us one game.)

> Cragmire’s actually the worst for the Gauss. There is SO.MUCH. on that map that can take the Gauss out easily from Scorpions to lasers to rockets to snipers. You never know what you’re going to run into coming around a corner. (Literally. We had a Scorpion spawn on us one game.)

Yep this. so open!

ya where ever you spawn there will be a 4 shot rocket launcher or spartan laser right next to you, no problem taking out the gauss

The Gauss Hog is the most fun vehicle in the game! Don’t you do dare take it out!

Is this how things are stripped away one thing at a time because they “break” gameplay and make it “unbalanced”?

If so, I would like BTB heavies to remain a broken unbalanced mess, because its hella fun =/

> Actually the gauss warthog wasn’t put into matchmaking because there is a glitch that it can shoot through forge pieces.

This, and really only this. The gauss not being in MM has nothing to do with its rate of fire.

All I can say on topic is hell no.
Have more Gauss.

Forgetting that the EMP would disable the Gauss and that the Rocket would flip, the Gauss is still the “best” Hog to jockey.

The Rocket has too much spread to it. It’s needed but not as much as is.
I think the LMG needs less initial spread, not much less, just less.
The Gauss doesn’t need any buffs :slight_smile:

Now for the Gauss to change in mechanics in H4 to be a smidgen less powerful or to require more experience with it to be effective would be great.
If the Gauss fired slightly slower to take care of the less powerful is the quick and easy way.
If the Gauss required a charge time to fire, and that charge time determined variable damage in that all shots will kill a default infantry, but it requires a longer charge time to fire a more damaging slug to kill vehicles quicker. That way it OS-infantry and heavy vehicles can survive longer against a “spamming” Gauss and the Gauss has to be more discriminate in target choice.

> There was a reason Bungie didn’t put he Gauss Warthog in multiplayer. It’s rate of fire… the fact that it’s a sniper rifle with a blast added to it and very little finesse needed to aim it… as long as it’s red on a target or “on” a target, it’s a hit.
>
> While it can be fun dishing it out… whoever half way know to run one of these things dominates. Totally not fun for anyone else. It makes a tank worthless. It makes pretty much every other vehicle worthless.
>
> That’s my biggest gripe with the new playlist… It only occurs on Cragmire.
>
> We can do without it. Leave the Gauss in Campaign.

Dude…stop spamming. Think about how to destroy it or just use it to win?? Whats wrong?