Health packs

Do you think health packs should return in halo 6?

No. The aspect of having to go find/obtain health was an unnecessary addition to the game. It was introduced way back with Reach and hopefully will never return.

Finding health packs would make surviving a lot harder than they should. I’m saying no.

You don’t think it would change the flow of the game, in a positive way instead of camping behind a wall waiting for your health to regen. Imo the fights just get redundant from a distance bc of the auto regen.

> 2533274992934015;4:
> You don’t think it would change the flow of the game, in a positive way instead of camping behind a wall waiting for your health to regen. Imo the fights just get redundant from a distance bc of the auto regen.

No, I don’t. It would change it yes, but still there would be another way of “pausing” the game, because then you would be looking for a pack for health instead of ducking out to regen shields.

In campaign? Sure why not. Would prefer they didn’t come back, but I’d be okay with it in Campaign.
In multiplayer? Please no. At the most make it a custom game thing but keep it out of Matchmaking, but again I’d really rather they stay in the past.

I never really used the health pack on Reach, but why not return the regen health kit from Halo 3 instead?

In Halo 5, unless you were camping in an area closest to a health pack, you’d never make it to one before you’re shot in the back of the head. So gameplay wouldn’t change all that much. Shield regeneration would be slowed down by a whole lot though.

> 2533274863544717;2:
> No. The aspect of having to go find/obtain health was an unnecessary addition to the game. It was introduced way back with Reach and hopefully will never return.

They were actually introduced in the very beginning in Halo CE.

Yes only because the “revive” mechanic is total toilet, especially the “my armor is locked up” … ugh. Granted if health packs return it some what has to make sense story wise. We don’t have health packs in H5 because the game was set in places the UNSC wasn’t allowed so it wouldn’t make much sense to have health packs laying around. They should make it so you can carry two or three health packs. Or make it so you can call in a drop for health packs and maybe ammo similar to H4. Also health packs should only be in campaign, not the multiplayer, well not the ranked multiplayer at least.

I think they easily could use them again, with some changes.

Medkits would be Biofoam containers.
Picking up a medkit would refill your suits biofoam.
While you have Biofoam in your suit you regen health, when it runs out, you can’t regen health untill you’ve refilled your Biofoam.

The majority of Halo games did not have health packs and it should not make a return. There’s no reason to put them back in, fights are not redundant at long distances.

> 2533274816788253;9:
> Yes only because the “revive” mechanic is total toilet, especially the “my armor is locked up” … ugh. Granted if health packs return it some what has to make sense story wise. We don’t have health packs in H5 because the game was set in places the UNSC wasn’t allowed so it wouldn’t make much sense to have health packs laying around. They should make it so you can carry two or three health packs. Or make it so you can call in a drop for health packs and maybe ammo similar to H4. Also health packs should only be in campaign, not the multiplayer, well not the ranked multiplayer at least.

Story wise, Mjolnir Armor incorporated internal medical aspects with Mark VI (biofoam injectors). So every iteration of Mjolnir that came after Mark VI included that tech (including Gen 2 Armor like Osiris had). Pre-Mark VI Mjolnir didn’t have that tech, so unless all the Spartans decide to downgrade their armor a couple generations, I don’t see how the story could support bringing back health packs.

> 2533274817408735;12:
> > 2533274816788253;9:
> > Yes only because the “revive” mechanic is total toilet, especially the “my armor is locked up” … ugh. Granted if health packs return it some what has to make sense story wise. We don’t have health packs in H5 because the game was set in places the UNSC wasn’t allowed so it wouldn’t make much sense to have health packs laying around. They should make it so you can carry two or three health packs. Or make it so you can call in a drop for health packs and maybe ammo similar to H4. Also health packs should only be in campaign, not the multiplayer, well not the ranked multiplayer at least.
>
> Story wise, Mjolnir Armor incorporated internal medical aspects with Mark VI (biofoam injectors). So every iteration of Mjolnir that came after Mark VI included that tech (including Gen 2 Armor like Osiris had). Pre-Mark VI Mjolnir didn’t have that tech, so unless all the Spartans decide to downgrade their armor a couple generations, I don’t see how the story could support bringing back health packs.

Well whether they bring them back or not I feel they need to get rid of the revive mechanic. They really need to get away from “teams” in campaigns. Friendly AI will probably never be good enough for immersive gameplay. Sitting there with locked up armor waiting for your teammates attempt to revive you and usually getting locked up or dying themselves was just crappy gameplay.

> 2533274795123910;10:
> I think they easily could use them again, with some changes.
>
> Medkits would be Biofoam containers.
> Picking up a medkit would refill your suits biofoam.
> While you have Biofoam in your suit you regen health, when it runs out, you can’t regen health untill you’ve refilled your Biofoam.

This is actually one of the more interesting ideas I’ve heard, nice job man lol :slight_smile:

> 2533274992934015;1:
> Do you think health packs should return in halo 6?

Hmm… I’m pretty mixed on this. I think I would lean towards no, but Naqser idea is an interesting one I think. Might be worth exploring. At the very least, for campaign.

> 2533274795123910;10:
> I think they easily could use them again, with some changes.
>
> Medkits would be Biofoam containers.
> Picking up a medkit would refill your suits biofoam.
> While you have Biofoam in your suit you regen health, when it runs out, you can’t regen health untill you’ve refilled your Biofoam.

This is a good idea

Feel free to use any of the existing wish list threads in General Discussion or Universe to talk about future Halo games. This forum is for discussing Halo 5