Headshots in Halo:CEA

Picked up my copy of Halo CE a few weeks ago and started playing the campaign. I was surprised to relearn that there are no headshots in CE. I’m wondering if this is something that will be changed because I’ve sort of been conditioned for it as most people who play Halo regularly probably have been too.

Does anyone else want headshots in Halo:CEA?

There are headshots in CE, but the head hitboxes are just that tiny.
I’d like to see them made larger.

The hell are you on?

Of course you can get headshots in CE.

I highly doubt they would be changing something part of the gameplay as they already said they wouldn’t. I wouldn’t get your hopes up for larger hitboxes. Maybe as add on skulls for small fixes if they feel like it. But nothing that would by default, effect gameplay.

there were always headshots in CE. The hitboxes are just as small as the model, and there’s no bullet magnetism, so it’s much harder than halo 2 to reach.

Um…
As a Halo PC gamer, I do believe there are head shots in Halo CE, unless you’re talking about that little icon you get in the later games saying you killed some one with a head shot.

Your aim must be terrible or your aim sensitivity must be too high. Anyone should be able to get a headshot on the first game on their first try. It’s just that easy.

> there were always headshots in CE. The hitboxes are just as small as the model, and there’s no bullet magnetism, so it’s much harder than halo 2 to reach.

The hitboxes are always the size of the model. Every Halo… but maybe for Halo2. It’s hard to tell with all that aim-assisting beyond what the others have too. Speaking of others, Halo: CE didn’t have its aim-assists removed for the PC when it was turned into Halo:CE. There is definitely bullet magnetism in Halo:CE. Don’t believe me, throw in the old girl right now and test it with 2 controllers. Sure you don’t have a turret like this video does, but you got lots of other weapons to test anyways.

You can headshot opponents in H:CE, but you actually have to aim for and hit the head. =)

As for aim assist and bullet magnetism, H:CE does have that (H:PC doesn’t). But compared to all other Halo games its very, very weak - as it should be.

There are head shots, and they aren’t that hard…

> There are head shots, and they aren’t that hard…

They are if you’re used to H2 and/or Reach where the reticle just has to be in the general vicinity of the head.

Halo CE had headshots on the Magnum, Sniper Rifle, and the Plasma Rifle (Double Damage, not one hit kill).

I don’t know what you are on.

The main reason it seems difficult is because the Magnum doesn’t shoot straight.

> The main reason it seems difficult is because the Magnum doesn’t shoot straight.

Yes, it does. At least if you pull the trigger for each shot. I mean, it doesn’t have absolutely 100% the accuracy of the sniper rifle, but it’s still good enough to TSK people at 70+ meters on Blood Gulch.

There are headshots in the game. The hitbox is actually the size of the head which makes the game take skill, godforbid.