Headshot Honcho Glitch

I have been attempting to get the achievement “Headshot Honcho;” however, the achievement will not pop up. I have used a sniper rifle and gotten 10 headshots in a row in both Ranked FFA and Campaign, but the achievement will still not appear. Any recommendations as to how to get it because it is the last achievement I need in Halo 3.

Have you got them with ONE Sniper and NOT two different ones?

> Have you got them with ONE Sniper and NOT two different ones?

yes, one

Have you tried getting 10 headshots in a row with the BR and/or carbine in campaign? That’s how I unlocked it.

> > Have you got them with ONE Sniper and NOT two different ones?
>
> yes, one

Hmmm, are you sure you haven’t already unlocked it? starts making excuses because I want to be helpful

Try going into Score Attack and choosing Gruntpocalypse. That’s how I got it.

> Have you tried getting 10 headshots in a row with the BR and/or carbine in campaign? That’s how I unlocked it.

Yes, I’ve tried both of those.

> Try going into Score Attack and choosing Gruntpocalypse. That’s how I got it.

Wrong game; thanks for trying though.

Haha, yeah, I just saw the “3” off to the side when it was in the Forum list. Still getting used to that.

The only thing I could guess at is that it may show up at a later point in time. That’s happened to a few friends of mine where they completed the prerequisite for the Achievement, and then simply received it later than the date it was achieved. So hold out hope, but it wouldn’t hurt to keep trying. Make sure you’re online when you’re playing thought the campaign, and possibly turn the scoring on just for added measure.

> Haha, yeah, I just saw the “3” off to the side when it was in the Forum list. Still getting used to that.
>
> The only thing I could guess at is that it may show up at a later point in time. That’s happened to a few friends of mine where they completed the prerequisite for the Achievement, and then simply received it later than the date it was achieved. So hold out hope, but it wouldn’t hurt to keep trying. Make sure you’re online when you’re playing thought the campaign, and possibly turn the scoring on just for added measure.

I have been playing Halo 3 for over two years, and I most likely completed the prerequisite very soon after starting playing the game. With around thirty hours of online gameplay, I still haven’t had the achievement pop. Also, I have put many attempts at achieving it while having campaign scoring on.

Cac… Well, that’s certainly something to know for whoever can fix that situation. Sorry man, I’ve got nothing else that might work :confused:

Hey, I came here after reading your message on my armor glitch forum. I read on Halo Nation that you can only get the achievement by getting the headshots on brutes or jackals. Is that what you’ve been doing? I also saw on a forum somewhere that Bungie said you have to get it with the sniper or beam rifle and get the shots in a row. Hopefully this helps.

Do it on mission 6 the ark. You spawn with a sniper and there is sniper ammo all over the beginning.